Our Lacklustre Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
ffs, this is the one comment I hate the most.

I don't give a fck if we were vsing the top team, we should BE the top team..
agreed. I dont understand that kind of thinking... its loser talk

Renegade

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought we played to the best off our ability but unfortunately that’s not good enough. I have said Ennis will cost us games and he does. Romelo's need a crack or at least 25 mins once we fall behind. We need that spark out of dummy half.
Trent back round 11 ohno let the pain continue.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keating is terrible as a ball player. Defence let him show and go and double pump he does not scare anyone. He kills Josh Morris. I am really dreading the Ben Roberts was let go. At least Morris had good early ball then. Oh my god I cant believe I have just said that about Roberts. Our attack now is a joke!!!

bite man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We go with forward plays too much in the 20. We need to get the ball wide to Reynolds, Morris and Barba early in the set, instead we go to Tolman, Eastwood and Pritchard.
yes spot on ! all game the forwards attacked ! ''firstly why are they in our back line? rack off and get the hell away and let the backs have ago surely that isn't the game plan is it des week in week out it happens ??? i dont know it aint looking good for the rest of the year ! just hope we not dog gone?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tbh i thought keating played well tonight :tape2:
I agree Keating had one of his better games tonight.

Problem is he is a running 5/8 not an organizing Halfback.

The steading influence Hodko has on the team can not be underestimated. People bag him for not being a flashy 7 but we have other players across the park which can create the flashy stuff.

We need a 7 who can control the game for us. If Hodko didn't get injured i rekon we have at least 2-3 more wins thus far.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
One step at a time.

Des had to get the players showing some heart first. He's done that. Now we just need to translate some of that heart to points.

We won't win the comp this year. Once you get that out of your head and start to think about what we're trying to build at the Bulldogs, things don't seem so bad.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Keating had one of his better games tonight.

Problem is he is a running 5/8 not an organizing Halfback.

The steading influence Hodko has on the team can not be underestimated. People bag him for not being a flashy 7 but we have other players across the park which can create the flashy stuff.

We need a 7 who can control the game for us. If Hodko didn't get injured i rekon we have at least 2-3 more wins thus far.
Exactly. Anyone who thinks hodko does nothing and shouldn't be in our side is a clown. Our attack had good structure in the opening rounds...since we lost him, we're just rubbish

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
One step at a time.

Des had to get the players showing some heart first. He's done that. Now we just need to translate some of that heart to points.

We won't win the comp this year. Once you get that out of your head and start to think about what we're trying to build at the Bulldogs, things don't seem so bad.
Spot on, we are rebuilding after having a retard for a coach it isn't going to happen overnight.

'gaz' phillips

Waterboy
Reaction score
getting a bag of air past the people trying to stop you isnt as difficult as building a city
Just using it as an example. I think just wait till we get our halfback back for a few rounds. If we are still offering nothing I'll jump on this wagon.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
One step at a time.

True that mate and I was only saying something similar the other day, but I still lose my **** and sulk like a ****ing kid because I love this club to death and losing hurts. The missus reckons she's going to stop coming to games if I keep carrying on. Have fun on the lounge woman.

P

Paint.

agreed. I dont understand that kind of thinking... its loser talk
In the end, you don't get any points for coming close to beating a good side... you get 0 pts and a negative differential... that's what we've come away with in the last 4 weeks, and that's all we'll notice come rd 26

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
In the end, you don't get any points for coming close to beating a good side... you get 0 pts and a negative differential... that's what we've come away with in the last 4 weeks, and that's all we'll notice come rd 26
we will be in the eight

i really don't doubt that tbh

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We go with forward plays too much in the 20. We need to get the ball wide to Reynolds, Morris and Barba early in the set, instead we go to Tolman, Eastwood and Pritchard.
You've got to have the forward plays, but at the same time there has to be "go foreward". They have to take the ball going hard with support coming just as hard. there was too much Kasiano and Pritchard going one out and I saw nothing of Eastwood. Then, after four go nowhere plays they decide to give it to the backs with no attack plan.

When get into their 20 not much happens and if we make it into their 10 its our secret weapon "Sam the Man" for whom they've already set an ambush.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm fu**en filthy about tonight !! WTF !? What's the point of leaving Romelo on the bench for 76 minutes ? Just removes a sub from our squad, are we that fit ? Then when turner goes down, we're effectively down to 2 subs !! I love having Romelo in the side and would prefer him to get 30-40 mins every week, but if des isn't gonna play him then drop him to NSW cup and bring in tapau ! We've gotta start scoring points ! Remember parra last year ? Almost won almost all their games, and nearly finished with the spoon too !!

P

Paint.

You've got to have the forward plays, but at the same time there has to be "go foreward". They have to take the ball going hard with support coming just as hard. there was too much Kasiano and Pritchard going one out and I saw nothing of Eastwood. Then, after four go nowhere plays they decide to give it to the backs with no attack plan.

When get into their 20 not much happens and if we make it into their 10 its our secret weapon "Sam the Man" for whom they've already set an ambush.
I get that you need forward plays, but when you've got a turnover 10 metres out, and Kasiano takes it up on first, then Graham on 2nd, Pritchard on 3rd and Eastwood on 4th...

Get what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.