Our game apologises unreservedly: Gallop

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CK, now you are making presumptions. I never said these women "love it" or anything like that. Obviously they have to have some issues in the past etc for this kind of thing to happen. But again, the fact is she was as much of a "predator" as the other guys as she consented to this act upon being presented with it.

If it were rape then I would be on my soap box opposing this act. But this is the complete opposite and was consentual. You say where is the onus on these players etc but you seem to place no onus on the woman herself.

Was she not as responsible as the players were in this case? Why is she felt sorry for but the players are not? At the end of the day, no matter how it came about to happening, she was as much a willing participant as they were and therefore is as much to blame.

As for the gay remark, I'm not judging whether someone being gay would be something to be ashamed of from the leagues point of view, but I'm sure any CEO wouldn't want one of their players walking around all day every day in leather and assless chaps french kissing other men (obviously most extreme scenario for the purpose of effect).

Surely that wouldn't be something in an NRL ad campaign designed at getting women and families to the game. That was the point I was making.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
CK, now you are making presumptions. I never said these women "love it" or anything like that. Obviously they have to have some issues in the past etc for this kind of thing to happen. But again, the fact is she was as much of a "predator" as the other guys as she consented to this act upon being presented with it.

If it were rape then I would be on my soap box opposing this act. But this is the complete opposite and was consentual. You say where is the onus on these players etc but you seem to place no onus on the woman herself.

Was she not as responsible as the players were in this case? Why is she felt sorry for but the players are not? At the end of the day, no matter how it came about to happening, she was as much a willing participant as they were and therefore is as much to blame.

As for the gay remark, I'm not judging whether someone being gay would be something to be ashamed of from the leagues point of view, but I'm sure any CEO wouldn't want one of their players walking around all day every day in leather and assless chaps french kissing other men (obviously most extreme scenario for the purpose of effect).

Surely that wouldn't be something in an NRL ad campaign designed at getting women and families to the game. That was the point I was making.
Thanks for clarifying. Didn't mean to imply that you said "they love it". I was speaking about a general mentality - At the end of the day I think with us two, it boils down to the fact that we differ on the victim's "intentions" now that the act is done.

I have a hard time believing one thing and you the other.

If it is revealed that she has some history of prior claims, I may re-examine my thoughts. But for now, I empathise with the girl. She was opportunisticly preyed upon, lured and taken advantage of, to the point where fear prevented her from resisting - I imagine she thought it would be less pain to just get it over with and hope they leave soon !

2 hours and 5 guys later - She deeply regrets both (a) getting into the situation and (b) not doing something. Obviously it still haunts her, and she's left wondering why it happened, when she thoght she was walking back to a hotel room with two guys to have a couple of drinks !

PS : Do you reckon anyone is reading our little blog-fight ??? I must say ... we're doing well to keep it cordial ! I'm gonna enjoty coming back to this in the future ! :grinning:

Spot

Waterboy
Reaction score
Whatever may or may not have happened, I find it disturbing that a group of young men get some sort of kick out of having sex and masturbating over a young woman who has been passed around.

Am I in the minority to find this behaviour disgusting and repulsive? Is this the culture that permeates our Rugby League/AFL/Union/Soccer "heroes"? Its not enough that most of them have stunning wives and girlfriends, they've got to gangbang some poor wretch to get their kicks when they're away from home.

Personally I'm delighted that the Bulldogs have purged themselves of this element and are putting a strong family culture firmly back in the place.

Matthew Johns may well be sorry and apologised to his wife, but did he only apologise because he knew his wife would find out following the police investigation and how many times did it happen before and after that his wife doesn't know about. Like his brother with the ecstasy tablet who only came clean when he was caught out, I feel no sympathy for him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying. Didn't mean to imply that you said "they love it". I was speaking about a general mentality - At the end of the day I think with us two, it boils down to the fact that we differ on the victim's "intentions" now that the act is done.

I have a hard time believing one thing and you the other.

If it is revealed that she has some history of prior claims, I may re-examine my thoughts. But for now, I empathise with the girl. She was opportunisticly preyed upon, lured and taken advantage of, to the point where fear prevented her from resisting - I imagine she thought it would be less pain to just get it over with and hope they leave soon !

2 hours and 5 guys later - She deeply regrets both (a) getting into the situation and (b) not doing something. Obviously it still haunts her, and she's left wondering why it happened, when she thoght she was walking back to a hotel room with two guys to have a couple of drinks !

PS : Do you reckon anyone is reading our little blog-fight ??? I must say ... we're doing well to keep it cordial ! I'm gonna enjoty coming back to this in the future ! :grinning:
Haha. No matter how much I disagree or vice versa I could never go at it with you CK as I respect you too much as you treat people with a great deal of respect and always listen to what the other has to say.

We'll agree to disagree on this one, even if you are wrong! (Just jokes baby. :D)

Whatever may or may not have happened, I find it disturbing that a group of young men get some sort of kick out of having sex and masturbating over a young woman who has been passed around.

Am I in the minority to find this behaviour disgusting and repulsive? Is this the culture that permeates our Rugby League/AFL/Union/Soccer "heroes"? Its not enough that most of them have stunning wives and girlfriends, they've got to gangbang some poor wretch to get their kicks when they're away from home.

Personally I'm delighted that the Bulldogs have purged themselves of this element and are putting a strong family culture firmly back in the place.

Matthew Johns may well be sorry and apologised to his wife, but did he only apologise because he knew his wife would find out following the police investigation and how many times did it happen before and after that his wife doesn't know about. Like his brother with the ecstasy tablet who only came clean when he was caught out, I feel no sympathy for him.
Obviously no one wants this culture in the game but mainly because of the press and image it generates, not so much because of the act itself.

Again, I would rather stuff like this didn't happen and I would be livid if Canterbury players did something so stupid but it is legal at the end of the day.

Just like when you said the only reason Johns apologised because he knew of his wifes reaction, well the only reason people don't want this sort of thing to happen or to know about it is because they don't want to see the reaction and have the frenzy that would follow.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL it was consentual. if it wasn't there would be charges. end of story i don't feel sorry for her

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If any of you want to get a 6 figure paying job with channel 9 make sure you include in your resume 1 of 3 things which will increase your chances of landing the job.

1. That you are a drug taking junkie
2. That you are a gangbanging "comedian"
3. Your surname ends with "johns"

I am curious to know just how many rugby league experts who are enlightening us on tv and radio do infact have criminal records or have committed criminal acts !!!

Didnt Blocker a few years back beat the crap out of some old fellow at Cronulla Leagues?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spot

Waterboy
Reaction score
Obviously no one wants this culture in the game but mainly because of the press and image it generates, not so much because of the act itself.

Again, I would rather stuff like this didn't happen and I would be livid if Canterbury players did something so stupid but it is legal at the end of the day.

Just like when you said the only reason Johns apologised because he knew of his wifes reaction, well the only reason people don't want this sort of thing to happen or to know about it is because they don't want to see the reaction and have the frenzy that would follow.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about this mate, I would think that in these supposed enlightened times, having unprotected (presumably) sex with a girl who's just had sex with several other males is not the wisest thing to do. I'm not arguing the legality as we must presume that what happened was above board as no charges were laid.

I however must agree with the comments of Dane Tilse's victim in that pressing charges brings a whole heap of grief upon oneself. You only have to see the hysteria caused in the Brett Stewart incident where supporters, players, committee, coaches and anyone else who remotely had anything to do with Stewart fell over themselves trying to defend the guy whilst at the same time trying to portray the girl and her family as money grabbing sleazebags. Why would any girl bother!

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
If any of you want to get a 6 figure paying job with channel 9 make sure you include in your resume 1 of 3 things which will increase your chances of landing the job.

1. That you are a drug taking junkie
2. That you are a gangbanging "comedian"
3. Your surname ends with "johns"

I am curious to know just how many rugby league experts who are enlightening us on tv and radio do infact have criminal records or have committed criminal acts !!!

Didnt Blocker a few years back beat the crap out of some old fellow at Cronulla Leagues?
consented gangbang isn't illegal

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
consented gangbang isn't illegal
Umm from what ive read and seen the "gangbang" was far from consentual. In fact it appears this woman was ambushed andother players were walking into the room without her knowledge.
Nevertheless ,I m not going to get into a debate on the criminal legalities of what happened but part from it being immoral to many I think at the very least what transpired constitutes an indecent assault, at the very least.

The only reason these guys werent charged was because the cops knew that the sharks players would have been alibi's for each other and come up with the same defence that the woman consented. The woman had NO witnesses.

Anyhow, who are the other Shark "W A N K E R S" who took part in this ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Spot said:
I however must agree with the comments of Dane Tilse's victim in that pressing charges brings a whole heap of grief upon oneself. You only have to see the hysteria caused in the Brett Stewart incident where supporters, players, committee, coaches and anyone else who remotely had anything to do with Stewart fell over themselves trying to defend the guy whilst at the same time trying to portray the girl and her family as money grabbing sleazebags.

Why would any girl bother!
I take it you saw that Facebook group too ?

And WTF with the lap of honour and the "Brett you can date my daughter !" sign when they won their first game ?

Feral w*nkers !

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Umm from what ive read and seen the "gangbang" was far from consentual. In fact it appears this woman was ambushed andother players were walking into the room without her knowledge.
Nevertheless ,I m not going to get into a debate on the criminal legalities of what happened but part from it being immoral to many I think at the very least what transpired constitutes an indecent assault, at the very least.

The only reason these guys werent charged was because the cops knew that the sharks players would have been alibi's for each other and come up with the same defence that the woman consented. The woman had NO witnesses.

Anyhow, who are the other Shark "W A N K E R S" who took part in this ?
Well as far as i've seen, four detectives investigated the issue and the people are innocent, if it wasn't consensual they would of been charged, if 4 detectives cleared them of wrong doing, then a couple of people on the kennel can't say it wasn't consensual, the detectives heard both sides of the story, and know the facts, all we hear is her side of the story, and a biased media campaign to give the perception that league has some terrible culture, when in reality it happens in all other sports and in alot of other environments.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh Boo hoo.

Of course, the men who did these animalistic acts are cowards.

But what about from the womens behalf? Don't they have a bit of responsibility too not to go back to hotel rooms with a bunch of footballers? They weren;t exactly raped. Coerced, but not raped.

They by all means could have walked out on those situations if they really, really wanted to.

Yet this woman is all like "if I had a gun I'd shoot them I hate them" - Please woman! The only person you should be hating is yourself for being so stupid in the first place.

If you want to grab a rope and hang yourself, by all means do it I have 0 sympathy for your actions.

I'm tired of these women playing the "poor helpless woman" game - they love the attention they get from famous football players - and when things turn sour they blame it on the Footballers.

It works both ways honey.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rami I want to have sex with that post. Well said my man.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Boo hoo.

Of course, the men who did these animalistic acts are cowards.

But what about from the womens behalf? Don't they have a bit of responsibility too not to go back to hotel rooms with a bunch of footballers? They weren;t exactly raped. Coerced, but not raped.

They by all means could have walked out on those situations if they really, really wanted to.

Yet this woman is all like "if I had a gun I'd shoot them I hate them" - Please woman! The only person you should be hating is yourself for being so stupid in the first place.

If you want to grab a rope and hang yourself, by all means do it I have 0 sympathy for your actions.

I'm tired of these women playing the "poor helpless woman" game - they love the attention they get from famous football players - and when things turn sour they blame it on the Footballers.

It works both ways honey.
agree 100% :love: she probably thought matty was going to stay with her forever :whacky:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
make sure you have consent :p
LMAO. Actually I was coerced into wanting to have sex with it.

I now want to kill Rami for and I wish I had a gun..... :p

Who knows what I will say in seven years time. :D

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
LMAO. Actually I was coerced into wanting to have sex with it.

I now want to kill Rami for and I wish I had a gun..... :p

Who knows what I will say in seven years time. :D
four corners will want you as well :uptight:

Status
Not open for further replies.