• Yes

Votes: 47 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 118 71.5%

• Total voters

hulk hogan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi is terrible can not catch and awful in attack get a lucky-try now and then offers nothing in attack same as when he was half

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Few more rounds this year. Would definitely like to see improvement before years end. Needs to get a lot more physical, plain and simple.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Definitely he will go well after an offseason there also our blockers were non existent last night not always the fb fault when no pressure of the chasers

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Biggest problem with Avo seems to be himself. Needs to start believing in himself or go find a regular job! Could be a killer FB but as I said, he's his biggest problem.
We have quite a few at the club with great potential but dont seem to have the competitiveness and mongrel to get to the next level.

I really thought Gus would address this as part of his job and aura in the game.

Number18

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The theory of premiership windows closing for teams surely applies to that mob of fucks from last night. It looks like they will choke again and that may open up an opportunity to raid..
Gutherson would fix our fullback problem.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He needs a full preseason at FB

Plus has to grow a pair by round 1 next year.
Catching bombs is a learning curve and confidence thing, so he can be given some leeway in that regards

I'm more concerned about backline movements/passing, he seems to be very clunky (unless in heaps of space) and that's the same problem when he was playing halves.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Catching bombs is a learning curve and confidence thing, so he can be given some leeway in that regards

I'm more concerned about backline movements/passing, he seems to be very clunky (unless in heaps of space) and that's the same problem when he was playing halves.
We literally can't run a backline play to save our life though so it's unfair to pin that just on him. We can't think more than one play ahead, both Flanagan and Burton don't play into the line at all, forwards don't run the right lines, we have no variation, no timing, etc. Our side is basically incapable of stripping the opposition for numbers with cute plays and it's why Potter has focused on ball movement and offloading to create space.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We literally can't run a backline play to save our life though so it's unfair to pin that just on him. We can't think more than one play ahead, both Flanagan and Burton don't play into the line at all, forwards don't run the right lines, we have no variation, no timing, etc. Our side is basically incapable of stripping the opposition for numbers with cute plays and it's why Potter has focused on ball movement and offloading to create space.
Hes supposed to be fast, his natural speed/acceleration should entice him to get on the outside of his man and create the overlap. He can't do that, that shouldn't be needed to trained into him, he should at the very least show glimpses of it and he doesn't.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo is a yes for me.

Unfortunately we need a quality hhalfback and I have no idea who is on the market and how much better flanno can get.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hes supposed to be fast, his natural speed/acceleration should entice him to get on the outside of his man and create the overlap. He can't do that, that shouldn't be needed to trained into him, he should at the very least show glimpses of it and he doesn't.
The outside of his man? I'm sure he could do that if the inside men actually created time and space for him so he wasn't getting the ball outnumbered or with the defence already in his face. He can obviously do better but it's not as if he's being blessed with opportunities that he's completely wasting lol.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The outside of his man? I'm sure he could do that if the inside men actually created time and space for him so he wasn't getting the ball outnumbered or with the defence already in his face. He canobviously do better but it's not as if he's being blessed with opportunities that he's completely wasting lol.
Bro stop being so defensive ffs. I'm just saying I'm not seeing glimpses of what we'd need from a FB.

I'm not saying it's set in stone and he can't do it, maybe he can with pre season training, but at the moment he seems to be quite lacking as a ball playing FB and a limited style of FB

And speed creates that space

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bro stop being so defensive ffs. I'm just saying I'm not seeing glimpses of what we'd need from a FB.

I'm not saying it's set in stone and he can't do it, maybe he can with pre season training, but at the moment he seems to be quite lacking as a ball playing FB and a limited style of FB

And speed creates that space
Yes but you're being too harsh, there's very little for him to actually work with by the time he gets the ball.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes but you're being too harsh, there's very little for him to actually work with by the time he gets the ball.
I dont think so, I think those natural physical attributes should be able to create some of that space, the way tedesco, manu, papenhuyzen, jahrome Hughes, etc use their natural physical attributes to create that extra second or two of space for themselves.

Thats not taught, that's instinct and Jake struggles in that area

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sold but not done totally with him. Put him under burtons bombs next week, next 3 weeks and all off season at training. If he can’t learn to catch them then he is out. If he can, he could turn into a decent option at fullback. I’m more worried about our forwards though. If they were half decent pushing up in defence and not leaking 50-60m a set maybe he wouldn’t be catching so many attacking bombs
Its not just catching bombs...what about his support play and also his ball playing?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Needs to harden the fcuk up and get a kick up the ass telling him to put some energy into his fukn footy. This hopping around ullshit has to go.. full steam ahead boy! Embrace the contact.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I dont think so, I think those natural physical attributes should be able to create some of that space, the way tedesco, manu, papenhuyzen, jahrome Hughes, etc use their natural physical attributes to create that extra second or two of space for themselves.

Thats not taught, that's instinct and Jake struggles in that area
Bro, you're really underestimating how much room those players get to work with and how little Jake is actually getting.