• Yes

Votes: 47 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 118 71.5%

• Total voters

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s still young and so raw. Give him an off season there to learn the position. Give him a chance. He showed promising signs. Been flat since covid. But who hasn’t been? I’m 6 weeks post covid and this week has been the first week I’ve felt normal since. Couldn’t imagine being an athlete.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We could give him a preseason to get use to the role, but if his still not FG standard, then it will leave a critical hole next year.
The the drop balls is somewhat concerning, but it is something that he can improve on. His support play has been ok. The main issue is his involvement, especially with the modern FB being crucial in try assists. Just not seeing that yet.

A hard decision to be made by the club over the next few weeks.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd defs have him in the 17 somewhere, his last couple of games at fullback he's struggled. We have salary cap to spend for 2024 and we need to strengthen at 1, 7 and prop. 2/3 of these positions with marquees.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sold but not done totally with him. Put him under burtons bombs next week, next 3 weeks and all off season at training. If he can’t learn to catch them then he is out. If he can, he could turn into a decent option at fullback. I’m more worried about our forwards though. If they were half decent pushing up in defence and not leaking 50-60m a set maybe he wouldn’t be catching so many attacking bombs

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s struggled since Covid hit him but he’s not done at FB.

My only criticism is finding a pass - he’s on par with Schoupp, these blokes don’t pass the ball. As a FB, it’s a must nowadays.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should we persist with Averillo at fullback next year?

Is Averillo our answer?
If we're not signing a top half in Munster or Mitchell then we need to go hard for Latrell Mitchell for 2024. We can't afford to have both Averillo and Flanagan in our spine. One of them maybe but not both. Mitchell makes the difference in many games for Souths. How many more games would we win if we had an influencer / try creator like him. Mitchell at 1. Jayden Sullivan at 7.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will say no for now but i willing to give him the off season to work on his game at fullback .

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
Nothing against the kid but I think he should be a utility player.. play him off the bench when the opposition tires..

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has a lot of footy ability. However I doubt he will ever be an elite fullback. As I stated earlier, a fullback needs to be good under the high ball,
needs to have a good defence, and needs to be able and willing to attack the line. The only real option for us is Jacob Kiraz.
Give him a full pre-season and let him develop further. It would then be cheaper to buy another winger.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeh I wanted to believe. I don’t anymore.
Yeah was hoping for the best but he is giving me Stephen Crichton vibes. All the natural talent for footy but the brain doesn’t have any mongrel in it. No killer instinct, a passenger. I want Munster like attitude