Our Full Strength Side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably Jackson , he took it to a new level tonight .
Jackson played very good tonight, he does have some speed aswell but the only thing is he looks smaller compared to other second rowers yet kept up.

Would we bring another prop or some like Burr in?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah I forgot eastwood, only problem I think he will have really bad fitness and I doubt we can afford to carry him, im thinking maybe reni
Yeah true about Eastwoods fitness cloud at the moment.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perret
stanley
jmoz
lafai
Inu
reynolds
trent
graham
ennis
kas
frank
dale finucane
eastwood

tolman, klemmer, williams, mbye

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
With Frankie injured, O'Hanlon or Browne will start in the second row (or *maybe* Mbye - though he lacks size), and I reckon we might see Lloyd Perrett debut.

That is, depending on who fires up in NSW Cup this week. Starting to feel sorry for Wyong already, as lots of players in NSW Cup fighting to their first grade spots.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
A week truly is a long time in rugby league. Last week people were hysterical that Des wouldn't make changes. Now they don't want any.

In Des we trust

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just want to say Raysie that Timmy Lafai was awesome tonight , wow
He sure was. Problem with Lafai is it'll probably take him another month until we see that sort of performance again.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
A week truly is a long time in rugby league. Last week people were hysterical that Des wouldn't make changes. Now they don't want any.

In Des we trust
mate your only as good as latest performance lol
got to back it up with a solid effort against them poofs from the east next week

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
mate your only as good as latest performance lol
got to back it up with a solid effort against them poofs from the east next week
In that old T-Rex thread from last week you gave us no chance to win any of our upcoming games and said we were in a "rut" from memory. It was a discussion between you and I that went on for ages...

Good to see your fears have already been proven to be false.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
In that old T-Rex thread from last week you gave us no chance to win any of our upcoming games and said we were in a "rut" from memory. It was a discussion between you and I that went on for ages...

Good to see your fears have already been proven to be false.
Yeah, but I didn't see you around in the 1st 15minutes of the game lol

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, but I didn't see you around in the 1st 15minutes of the game lol
Fair enough. LOL

I never comment in the forums during a game though. Only time is during Halftime.

As you saw today, there would have been a fair few guys that would've made themselves sound like idiots during the first 10-15min.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fair enough. LOL

I never comment in the forums during a game though. Only time is during Halftime.

As you saw today, there would have been a fair few guys that would've made themselves sound like idiots during the first 10-15min.
Not defending the "fair few guys" but we were rubbish the first 15 mins. But boy, we were good the last 65 mins.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Utter crap in first 20 but final 60 we were brilliant. I have not seen us play that well since 2012.

Take the final 60 and apply in first three rounds:

We beat Brisbane by 40+
Do not concede any points against sharks
Blow the riff out of the pen

We did this with turtle as hb and ferrett as fb.

Turtle and ferrett outplayed gronk and slater.

Our bench was outstanding.

Only neg would be that t-rek is holding the team back.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Fair enough. LOL

Yes and no, because the 1st 20minutes was just so not acceptable on so many levels, BUT!!! In saying that I'll like to state a couple of things to why I think we won by such a good margin, if you watch the 2nd half again you will notice that we did not play flat at all, there was no short passes in the forwards and just straight hard running, also ennis was passing the ball deeper from dummy half not flat, only time I remember we went flat in the second half was for a try to graham and then one last one got called froward when patty made that break. 1st half most our mistake were caused by our short passing for example the pass that trex got from a sort ball from graham. Also every team rushes us in defence because they know we play flat and late at the line so they rush us trying to cause is into error, and I truly believe it has been working perfectly againest us for the last one year. In the 2nd half when we stopes playing flat Melbourne were still rushing up but they didn't know what to do when we starting playing deep, they were not ready for that, by the middle of the 2nd half they were at 6s and 7s not knowing how to defence against us, as they have trained all week and got told by their coach to play us one way but we came at them in another, hopefully this makes a bit of sense as I'm pretty drunk while typing so I think Iv done a pretty good job lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Utter crap in first 20 but final 60 we were brilliant. I have not seen us play that well since 2012.

Take the final 60 and apply in first three rounds:

We beat Brisbane by 40+
Do not concede any points against sharks
Blow the riff out of the pen

We did this with turtle as hb and ferrett as fb.

Turtle and ferrett outplayed gronk and slater.

Our bench was outstanding.

Only neg would be that t-rek is holding the team back.
I'm one of the biggest barney critics but come on habibeh he played decent tonight.

Reason why im tough on him because God blessed him with size and strength and doesn't use them to his advantage. I wish I was his size, I would be unstoppable lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm one of the biggest barney critics but come on habibeh he played decent tonight.

Reason why im tough on him because God blessed him with size and strength and doesn't use them to his advantage. I wish I was his size, I would be unstoppable lol.
BTW

You want the perfect League player? Transplant Reynolds heart into Williams body lol

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

He played well, he made some good hitups and forced some errors from the opp, but he is still lazy and a passenger when the going gets tough. Needs to sit his arse on the bench, he is not an 80min player or a starter.

Tolman was better. I'm usually a big critic of his 2m hitups, but he toiled hard.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BTW

You want the perfect League player? Transplant Reynolds heart into Williams body lol
Would be unstoppable.

Probably would be a fair few errors in Tony Reynolds's game though. :p

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
He played well, he made some good hitups and forced some errors from the opp, but he is still lazy and a passenger when the going gets tough. Needs to sit his arse on the bench, he is not an 80min player or a starter.

Tolman was better. I'm usually a big critic of his 2m hitups, but he toiled hard.
he and graham cant be starting, has to be one or the other.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

100% with you on benching him. He also made a few great ball and all tackles.

Status
Not open for further replies.