Our 2024 fullback is…

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tracey for me

He looked really good when he filled in for Kennedy at the Sharks last year and is always an attacking threat. He also goes at everything 100 miles an hour and won't get man handled like I think Taafe will

Crichton is too good of a centre to not play him there and importantly will definitely strengthen our frontline defence defence

I'd like the positions sorted out early on so they can train in those positions as much as possible in the pre season to work on combinations

Taafe is a good backup but I am also a big fan of Wilson, and if injuries hit us I would like to see him get an opportunity later in the season. He has alot of potential to be a really good fullback

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Critta > Tracey > Taaffe

I hope we don't play musical chairs and instead give Critta the whole year at fullback.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great post mate.
Be really interesting to see what the coach does.
However, for me, I want Critta in the centres.
He is one of the best in the game, I think I'd have him playing centre on our left attacking side with ado carr outside him.

I think I would trial taafe and tracey at fullback and see whos all round game is better.
I think I'd possibly go with tracey.
Taafe would be great back up if tracey gets injured.
All depends how their form is going and how the rest of the team is positioned.
I still don't know our halves yet.

We are spoilt for choice that's for sure.
Yeah it would be very tempting to put Critter with Fox and have a possible NSW left side attack combo (excluding Kikau).
I think this we’ll depend on how Burto goes at 6 though because he previously played left centre and that would put Critta at FB or right centre.

If we get it right that left side attack will be so difficult to defend with all rep level/elite talent in Kikau, Fox and maybe Burto or Critta or whoever ends up in the centres.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’m gonna guess Tracey or taafe

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Trials will be very interesting. You would think he would rest Critta, however if he is playing fb will prob need to trial there? My guess is whoever is named starting fb in second trial has the gig.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Trials will be very interesting. You would think he would rest Critta, however if he is playing fb will prob need to trial there? My guess is whoever is named starting fb in second trial has the gig.
Usually each half there is different players so in the 2 games you will see probably 4 fullbacks.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Wilson will struggle to make the 17 at any stage this year. Let alone at fullback.
Possibly right, I don’t pretend to know what Ciraldo is thinking or what the team make up is going to be, I do know that Wilson was one of our OBs last year and looked dangerous returning the ball in space and based On that I hope he gets a crack at it at some point.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's Tracey for me, Crichton is one of the best centres in the world so I would absolutely play him in between Jac and Kikau, If we want to be taken serious we need to pick our strongest line-up from round 1 not experiment and then change it when the seasons already over.
I also see Taaffe as a back up / NSW cup fullback

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would great to see Chrichton turn into a world class fb, but given our need to strengthen the team accross the park, I feel that he will be kept at centre where we absolutely know that he is world class. I also think the club would be foolish to not keep the spot available for Joash in the very near future, which I think will come sooner rather then later. Taafe and Tracey are good short term options despite their apparent shortcomings, and will most likely battle it out during the preseason. But if Joash has a massive off-season, and puts on a bit of size, which is highly likely for a Polynesian lad of his age, I actually wouldn't be shocked to see him named come round 1. At least we finally have options.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think since critta was signed to play fb and is on fb money, he gets first crack. Good to know we have backup there if needed though