Options for when "The Gun" doesn't fire?

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What about the young fella who played for Lebanon in the world cup from our reserves? He looks really promising, I think
Rhaled Rajeb? He may get a run this year, he's young and inexperienced. If it looks like we won't have a shot at seasons end at playing finals he'll probably get a shot. The HB position has been a real headache for a long time now. Hodgo was our last decent one.... he wasn't even elite!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus has already said Rajab will get a crack likely at 7 at some stage..dunno if CC is on board with this theory.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lets see how Flanagan goes with a new coach, an improved roster and different structures before looking at alternative options.
Yeh well frankly, will be hugely surprised if Moses comes our way now. If not, then we need to look at what we have.
Hence agree with your point (new team, coach, structures etc etc), this just may give Flanagan a little more space and team structure to operate within. Firstly see how he goes now.
If not, we have a few backups like Reynolds, Hayward, Rajab, BBO to look at.
Not at all ideal but prefer that, rather than a random emergency questionable buy, to plug a gap before we even start the season.

Crashdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not sure why Kurt Falls is not signed to any club for 2023. Falls finished the 2022 season as the top point scorer in the NSW Cup, and also a premiership winner in the same competition. Proven performer in NSW Cup. Easily a better option than ‘Gun..

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure why Kurt Falls is not signed to any club for 2023. Falls finished the 2022 season as the top point scorer in the NSW Cup, and also a premiership winner in the same competition. Proven performer in NSW Cup. Easily a better option than ‘Gun..
He is a decent 7, ticks all the boxes. Before CC arrived, i thought we should be chasing him. The fact CC hasn't approached him, makes me think there is a reason

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've gone back and watched the best tries of 2022 for us.

The Gun's support play is actually very good.

Defence - tick
Support play - tick

His kicking game in particular has to improve immensely if he is going to get a new deal.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reed is the key, we're going to see a better Burton & Flanagan in 2023 with his service.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've gone back and watched the best tries of 2022 for us.

The Gun's support play is actually very good.

Defence - tick
Support play - tick

His kicking game in particular has to improve immensely if he is going to get a new deal.
I agree - defensively and support play is very good - he was often the link for the long range tries in 22.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
. . . And if he does fire . . . I'm not sure which pie company could supply the demand for the amount of humble pie the kennel will require
Mate I would be happy to wear the humble pie - if he was to fire. Happy for his form to make everyone take notice

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
. . . And if he does fire . . . I'm not sure which pie company could supply the demand for the amount of humble pie the kennel will require
If he does, there will be only one among us who will be able to stand tall, he will be the one serving the pie, stamped I told you so, from the Belmore Kiosk..the Gun..the @Flanagun :D

Last edited: