Open Question: Pay’s Favouritism versus Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We aren't getting them at minimum wage though. It was reported that the deal we offered Meaney was much more than that of the Knights.

Might not be minimum wage but maybe knights offered minimum wage and we offered 20 g more with a chance to play first grade.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Might not be minimum wage but maybe knights offered minimum wage and we offered 20 g more with a chance to play first grade.
I'm not so sure, our offer was reported as "lucrative" and other clubs were interested in him.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So he is recreating his SOO sides well they were undefeated for like 7 years. Do you realise over half 12/19 the current senior SOO side went the system dean pay and Jaime Feeney and now Danny Bederus.

Expect most of the future signings to have a history with dean pay and under 20 SOO.

The next signing will be either kelly,Jennings or Dennis
True but let's not forget that Lichaa went through that same system.....and before you point out that Lichaa is a Des signing, the club wanted to offer Micheal a one year contract but Pay intervened at the time offering double that. Was Lichaa's retention the best move for the club moving forward????

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Meaney even official. I can't remember seeing anything from the club.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We must learn from the previous mistakes that were made by Hasler and Co,
Unity is strength, everyone at the club must work together but respect their boundaries,
Pay must be given a fair chance to do his job with everyone's full support not interference.
To get anywhere...
1. We must have a smart and fast hooker that can read the game.
2. We desperately need a half that can control and organize the team that could threaten oppositions defense with his running game as well.
Otherwise...We are wasting time

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
True but let's not forget that Lichaa went through that same system.....and before you point out that Lichaa is a Des signing, the club wanted to offer Micheal a one year contract but Pay intervened at the time offering double that. Was Lichaa's retention the best move for the club moving forward????
It's a further 1 year option in the clubs favour so no big deal. Why not give the kid another chance. He played out of his skin the last 3 games last season and he does have history with him. I bet it's on minimum wage also so once again why not? Nothing wrong with having him as a squad player. There are 30 there and he is still young. Worth a shot. Hasn't worked out but nothing lost.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not so sure, our offer was reported as "lucrative" and other clubs were interested in him.

Lucrative for a guy who is in the knights reserve grade team could mean a little more money with a realistic chance of playing permanent first grade.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a further 1 year option in the clubs favour so no big deal. Why not give the kid another chance. He played out of his skin the last 3 games last season and he does have history with him. I bet it's on minimum wage also so once again why not? Nothing wrong with having him as a squad player. There are 30 there and he is still young. Worth a shot. Hasn't worked out but nothing lost.
There is no way Lichaa is on minimum wage. Let's not forget he turned down offers from the Dragons and I think the Eels too if I'm not mistaken to stay at the Dogs. So there is now way his on minimum wage. Even Belmore's favorite son Reynolds walked for more money.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
2018 - "It's okay we've recruited Meaney and Cogger, they are the future!! Our recruitment is doing a good job."
2019 - "FFS who recruited these ***** Meaney and Cogger... Park footballers at best... fuck our recruitment.. worse than Cleal and Hasler!!!"

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2018 - "It's okay we've recruited Meaney and Cogger, they are the future!! Our recruitment is doing a good job."
2019 - "FFS who recruited these ***** Meaney and Cogger... Park footballers at best... fuck our recruitment.. worse than Cleal and Hasler!!!"
Hahahahahahaha I couldn't agree more hahahahhahaha :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Kennel politics at its best hahahahahaha

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Noone will stump recruitement & retention like those two ronnies

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lewis can't get a run because players of the Lichaa ilk are taking up spots.

Michael would not get a run with any other team based on his form over 4 years with us...always been up to him and he has been very disappointing except for his defence and another like Mbye who cruise around on the field if they can get away with it I'm afraid. Unfortunately the 3 good games were 3 offs and haven't been repeated...if the club tell him they aren't taking up his option, then you might see some dh running and improved effort.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well the last time I looked there were good young players also running around in the Queensland cup and I know that the Bronkos, Cowboys, Titans and even the storm would agree with me. Playing for Pays under 20's origin team doesn't necessarily equate to being the best option for us. What dogsdayout is alluding too is we should not only be concentrating on Pay's under 20's NSW Blues but we should broaden our search south of the boarder as well, for the best possible talent that we can afford. By Pay only targeting his under 20's NSW Blues team he is in sense showing favoritism and not necessarily picking the best available talent there is for the price that we can afford.
I doubt Pay is only looking at NSW players to recruit. The fact he was watched almost every genuine junior coming through he should have plenty of knowledge of whose around and considering there is the Hipgrave rumour who captained QLD against Pay says Pay is o the lookout for who he believes fits the bill.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cory Dennis from Newcastle only 20 years old played if I think about 12 first grade games.
Good kid, has a future but then again so did Gagan and Mamo??

In saying that didn't Pay also coach Mamo?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree big time pay has proven this with clay priest and others,pay is a real worry at this stage just not sure if he has the coaching iq needed

Status
Not open for further replies.