Opinion Only Positive

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our defense & forwards were way improved over 2023. Attack was terrible.
I don’t think they actually played attacking game today, last week the back line was set, this week was more of matching it with the forwards.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don’t think they actually played attacking game today, last week the back line was set, this week was more of matching it with the forwards.
That makes no sense. They were in the Sharks 20m for ages & were trying to score. They just couldn't.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Top 8 side like Sharks don’t have to peak early season, their forwards would be well short of their peak

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That makes no sense. They were in the Sharks 20m for ages & were trying to score. They just couldn't.
Not once they set there backline up with salmon starting it and the fullback sweeping behind to creat an over lap.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Taaffe had a bad night, but he is a better player than that. Our problem is throwing panic passes when we make a break.

I think Sexton suits our attack.

Burton needs to run the ball more.
no offense to sexton but if he was what we all wanted he would’ve carved up with all the other players in the game were tired. He only had kind of one break that I thought he would score a try. But other than that didn’t really say much of him, posing a threat, which was concerning considering the game was at a point where someone fresh could of done some damages

Last edited:

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do we have BOTH Mann and Hutchison?
They are both similar type players.
Depth players that can an cycle in and out based on form.
It’s almost like they have created too much competition for certain spots deliberately. Only the strongest will survive and the later wil likely look for an early release.

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I honestly don’t even know what to say. As much as you say it’s a trial the boys took it as a serious match you only had to look at the dressing room pre game. Still very early but I just have no words with our attack.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Completion rates were shocking so we didn’t really get a taste of our attack tbh. Limited amount you can take from that game suppose defensively despite it being a trial it’s evident there’s improvement. Do think we will contain teams better out wide, middles worked in conjunction thought the line speed was there kick chases to.
Reality is was a crap game we play them round 2 will reserve judgment for then.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trials are trials they don't need to be won but improvement needs to be made, we will finish the preseason challenge with the least points conceded in 2 games.... defence was our biggest issue last year so as far as trials go then it's big improvement so far.
The attack will take time too many new players in important positions.
Big improvement so far on last year.
I think we are a good chance in round 1