One dead, one in a coma, two others stable after Sydney festival overdoses

A

Alexander the Great

I commented earlier today on Facebook to someone who was going on about this: "Would you put bullets in a revolver, spin the barrel, put it to your head and pull the trigger ... because the same risk applies here".

It's the younger generations bulletproof mentality that "i'll never happen to me".
1-6 chance of dying doing that

1-18000 chance of dying from a pill.

They need to introduce pill testing.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I really don't give a flying fuck. Do whatever you want and deal with the results.

Better things to worry about than some dumb ***** OD'ing

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I really don't give a flying fuck. Do whatever you want and deal with the results.

Better things to worry about than some dumb ***** OD'ing
It's not really ODing which is the issue. If some idiot takes drugs and ODs then I have no problem. The people that are dying aren't ODing. They're taking drugs which some psychopath has mixed in rat posion and other shit.

They're still taking a risk because they're taking something which has a chance of causing death normally. But in many cases they are taking something that's normally less harmful than alcohol but some messed up person put rat poison in there.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's not really ODing which is the issue. If some idiot takes drugs and ODs then I have no problem. The people that are dying aren't ODing. They're taking drugs which some psychopath has mixed in rat posion and other shit.

They're still taking a risk because they're taking something which has a chance of causing death normally. But in many cases they are taking something that's normally less harmful than alcohol but some messed up person put rat poison in there.
The dealers/suppliers need to be given a hot dose and locked in a room.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People we're overdosing at raves back in the 90's nothing new here.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Alcohol is a legal product, hense more widely used, drugs are not, hense less fatalities and victims! I’m sure if drugs were legal the numbers would be similar if not, worse!
We have one of the highest usage rates in the world, it's a lot more common than what you think. You're being very naive.

When comparing problems of alcohol to drug use, alcohol is far worse. For one alcohol is a depressant and too much may set people off into a bad mood. and it's in this bad mood where the domestic violence problems start, the depression starts, alcoholism starts, fights start and I havent even mentioned drink driving and deaths caused on the road.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pingas are fun. It takes about 20 pingas in an hour to cause an OD.

Most of the problem comes from overheating and dehydration
The headline is indeed misleading/incorrect. Ut would be nigh on impossible to actually "overdose" on a pinga. Issues are almost always getting a pill filled with dodgy shit, or, as you said from overheating/dehydration.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I like how it's politician's fault some junkie had to have their hit and OD'ed.

It's like those assholes who smoke all their life and sue the cigarette companies.

It's always someone else's fault.
Exactly ... you can't legislate against stupidity, so why should society fold to try and protect idiots that have a choice?

Of course. Safest option is to not take drugs but as I said, they're going to take them. So the options are:

- tell them to not take drugs, watch people die

- tell them to not take drugs and pill test and watch less people die

It's not an either/or thing. We can pill test and tell people to not take drugs.
Option A ... it's not hard to move a body when it's in a body bag.

Take drugs and potentially die ; OR
Act like a responsible adult, don't take drugs and don't potentially die.

Besides if the new organ donation laws come in at least the organs will go to someone who won't drugfuck them.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id love to see the comparison of people that have overdosed compared to those that have died/killed others while drink driving.
With your approach of “oh well more people die from drink driving” so who cares if a small percentage dies from overdoses. I’ve heard this type of rhetoric many times (when it comes to domestic violence) when the male is the actual victim but coz it’s a male and in a smaller number it doesn’t matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We have one of the highest usage rates in the world, it's a lot more common than what you think. You're being very naive.

When comparing problems of alcohol to drug use, alcohol is far worse. For one alcohol is a depressant and too much may set people off into a bad mood. and it's in this bad mood where the domestic violence problems start, the depression starts, alcoholism starts, fights start and I havent even mentioned drink driving and deaths caused on the road.
You are entitled to your opinion, however, I’m not sure why you would think I’m being naive??? I have a sibbling and an ex girlfriend who are both alcoholics, the ex also had a massive addiction to Heroin in the past, and as a result I have had to endure the wrath caused by alcohol and drugs on both counts and the “bad moods” and “depression” brought on by consuming excess amounts of it, the problem is that these afflictions make the consumer think the alcohol is the answer to their symptoms rather than the cause.

As for being “naive” on the subject, I am under no illusion as to usage rates of both drugs and alcohol my friend, and was merely stating the accessability of them due to one being legal and the other illegal. I assure you being naive on the subject is a luxury a cannot afford...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some Cops do drugs when on leave, its part of Australia, they should at least legalize pot and have drug education in our schools.
Some Cops think the punishment for drugs is death.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pingas are fun. It takes about 20 pingas in an hour to cause an OD.

Most of the problem comes from overheating and dehydration
Can't stop people using, maybe a bit more education on the drugs?

Like that Anna Wood chick, didn't she technically die by drowning rather than OD?

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You are entitled to your opinion, however, I’m not sure why you would think I’m being naive??? I have a sibbling and an ex girlfriend who are both alcoholics, the ex also had a massive addiction to Heroin in the past, and as a result I have had to endure the wrath caused by alcohol and drugs on both counts and the “bad moods” and “depression” brought on by consuming excess amounts of it, the problem is that these afflictions make the consumer think the alcohol is the answer to their symptoms rather than the cause.

As for being “naive” on the subject, I am under no illusion as to usage rates of both drugs and alcohol my friend, and was merely stating the accessability of them due to one being legal and the other illegal. I assure you being naive on the subject is a luxury a cannot afford...
A more fair comparison would be legal drug v legal drug and illicit v illicit drugs.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Party drugs are MDMA NOT heroin.

Pill testing is being requested for MDMA pills NOT heroin.

Pure Mdma has very little detrimental effects compared to alcohol or heroin.

They are experimenting/testing using MDMA with PTSD people. Again do we talk about the detrimental effects of it?

While I take your point about the huge negative effects of heroin, the problem is pill testing isnt designed for heroin.

And again we are one of the highest usage nations of MDMA in the world.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Party drugs are MDMA NOT heroin.

Pill testing is being requested for MDMA pills NOT heroin.

Pure Mdma has very little detrimental effects compared to alcohol or heroin.

They are experimenting/testing using MDMA with PTSD people. Again do we talk about the detrimental effects of it?

While I take your point about the huge negative effects of heroin, the problem is pill testing isnt designed for heroin.

And again we are one of the highest usage nations of MDMA in the world.
Problem with pill testing is that most wouldn't get them tested due to the fact that they think it's a sting.

Last edited: