OMG : Pray for our "KB" ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Current info at 11pm Thurs 18th Match 2010.

Our KB lives nearby to Mackay, and depsite the fact during Cyclone Hamish last year (March 2009) she wanted to go fishing ... :o ... it looks like Cyclone Ului is making a bee-line straight for her.

Preliminary estimates have the wind gusts near her between 120-180 kph over a period of 24-48hrs, combined with driving rainfall and localised flooding.

More info to come to hand tomorrow morning and after the St Geroge game.

:pray:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good enough to make Mackay surfable for once

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we're hoping to take the boat out this weekend. who gives a **** about the swell, i wanna go fishing!
i know the cyclone is hitting macktown, but all along the qld coast will have decent swell. meh, god invented maxolon for a reason

ROFL berries, who the hell goes surfing in mackay?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
we're hoping to take the boat out this weekend. who gives a **** about the swell, i wanna go fishing!
i know the cyclone is hitting macktown, but all along the qld coast will have decent swell. meh, god invented maxolon for a reason

ROFL berries, who the hell goes surfing in mackay?
That was the joke :p it would be like carrying a surfboard into the amazon

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Category Three : Winds between 120-160kph and a direct hit or near miss looks likely for KB (See map up top)

Kent Brockman

Kennel Established
Reaction score
last year when i went fishing we knew it would divert paths... this time.. dont look good lol.. they never ever get this close :(

Kent Brockman

Kennel Established
Reaction score
oh this **** is ****ed.. like 50+ hours without electricity, only just got internet this very second....

and we are one of the lucky estates that has a generator hooked up to our grid because we have underground power...

no power, no food, towns running out of water... and airlies worse.. their sewage is backing up :(

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
are you pissed that this thread is still on its first page?

i would be fuming

Kent Brockman

Kennel Established
Reaction score
true that, cept stace hahah thanks darl! i learnt that lesson hard and fast when i was looking out the front door at the start of the cyclone and heard BANG BANG BANG and this big bit of roof sheeting metal flew past and i ran inside lol. That ****s how people die on movies such as the final destination etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.