Old Tricks, New Dog

Malla

Reaction score
This is from the Liverpool Champion published October 2006. Amazing how things come full circle..

The Bulldogs football club has always been a family orietntated franchise with many brothers and father son combinations donning he blue and white over the years.

You might have to add name Morrin to the list of the Mortimers, Hughes, and Ryans in years to come.

Kurtis Morrin, 6, scored 107 pts for the moorebank rams blues side in his debut season of rugby league as he attempts to follow his dad, Matthew, and uncles Brad and Matt Morrin into the Bulldogs fold.

Kurtis switched to league this year after a successful season of soccer with Chipping Norton, where he scored 10 goals in one game.

"Foty's more fun because I get to run with the ball," he said, "It would be great to play with the bulldogs because Sonny Bill Williams and Willie Mason are my favourite players and my uncle Brad plays for them too!'

Brad Morrin played 14 games this season before dislocating his knee in their one point loss to the manly seagulls in rd 25. He is following his nephews progress closely.

"I've watched him play a few games and he is quite good," Morrin said. "He's also the youngest Morrin to start playing footy, so he has an advantage over us in that department."

"Its all bit of fun for Kurtis at the moment and it will take a few more years to work out if he's got what it takes to go on with a football career. Having the three of us involved in footy certainly helps him as we can give him the heads up as he grows up."

The Moorebank clan all attended Nuwarra Public School and Kurtis's point score was the second highest in the Canterbury Bankstown junior comp"

Liverpool Champion

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"his dad, Matthew, and uncles Brad and Matt Morrin"

So did Kurt's Grandmother name her sons Matthew, Brad & Matt or is one of the Matts on Kurt's mum's side?
Well spotted.

But I’m thinking…they all have the surname Morrin…so unless his mother was also a Morrin (God help me, we’re getting into a really weird area here!) then all 3 are brothers on the same side of the family!!

The other perfectly plausible explanation is that the journo simply f;@ked up and got the names wrong.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember this article

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This is from the Liverpool Champion published October 2006. Amazing how things come full circle..

The Bulldogs football club has always been a family orietntated franchise with many brothers and father son combinations donning he blue and white over the years.

You might have to add name Morrin to the list of the Mortimers, Hughes, and Ryans in years to come.

Kurtis Morrin, 6, scored 107 pts for the moorebank rams blues side in his debut season of rugby league as he attempts to follow his dad, Matthew, and uncles Brad and Matt Morrin into the Bulldogs fold.

Kurtis switched to league this year after a successful season of soccer with Chipping Norton, where he scored 10 goals in one game.

"Foty's more fun because I get to run with the ball," he said, "It would be great to play with the bulldogs because Sonny Bill Williams and Willie Mason are my favourite players and my uncle Brad plays for them too!'

Brad Morrin played 14 games this season before dislocating his knee in their one point loss to the manly seagulls in rd 25. He is following his nephews progress closely.

"I've watched him play a few games and he is quite good," Morrin said. "He's also the youngest Morrin to start playing footy, so he has an advantage over us in that department."

"Its all bit of fun for Kurtis at the moment and it will take a few more years to work out if he's got what it takes to go on with a football career. Having the three of us involved in footy certainly helps him as we can give him the heads up as he grows up."

The Moorebank clan all attended Nuwarra Public School and Kurtis's point score was the second highest in the Canterbury Bankstown junior comp"

Liverpool Champion

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"his dad, Matthew, and uncles Brad and Matt Morrin"

So did Kurt's Grandmother name her sons Matthew, Brad & Matt or is one of the Matts on Kurt's mum's side?
He'd have to be on different sides. It's like my cousin's family. She is married to Michael, and has a brother Mick. I mean they're both michaels, but I called him Mick as it's like Matthew and Matt. Easy way to differentiate or they just say "brother Michael".