OKUNBOR

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hope he catches a break and remains injury free for a while, and stays on the paddock full time. He is the sort of body that when he finally understands how damaging he can be , could turn into a real weapon.

I remember Paul Sironen early in his career played like he didn't realize just how big a unit he was, then suddenly it clicked for him and he was a monster.
He's already averaging a career average of 168m per game, that would put him 5th in the NRL today. If he wasn't injured then I wouldn't be surprised to see him pushing 200m per game just behind To'o. We need his carries BADLY.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's due back in a few weeks, and Dan Ferris was talking about him coming back through the lower comps (that was before they got nuked).

That said you think they'd be conservative with his return.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Replacing Manu on the wing this week. Saw at training
He seems to be moving pretty well, I didn't have a stop watch, but he doesn't look any slower, in fact he looks to accelerating faster, which was never his strong point. Getting to top speed still takes a few paces but he covers a lot of ground with each long stride, looks slow in motion, but the guys alongside are pumping legs to keep up.

Always a Bulldog

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Okunbur needs these games after having missed so many the last two games. The club needs these games to assess him going into next season. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same here, he can be a weapon for us I'm fairly sure..hopefully gets a run this week?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was strong when he played a few games back end of last year. Hopefully he comes back this week and gets a run. Thought he was still a week or two away.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rest of the year would be good for him and the team. As much as I like the way Meaney is progressing, might be time for him to sit off and think about our 2022 team.
Tough one, don’t want the spoon but want to get our positions right for next year also.
Allen
Ok
Schoupp
Manu (for experience)
Tui?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No to Tui think he is gone too at The end of the year? may as well put Meaney there imo..although who is there doesn't matter that much OK must get some games on the other wing.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Him steam rolling that grub cameron smith a few seasons back has been one of the only highlights we've had in the last half a decade.

Let's hope he makes an immediate impact upon his return (positive impact, not drop a simple pass impact).

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Okunbur
3. Cotric
4. Naden
5. Addo Carr
Exactly this. Even if we kept DWZ or Meaney or any other back we're releasing, I was always hoping Okunbur would be given 1st chance at the wing spot. His physical attributes make him a vital weapon, both offensively and defensively, as long as his handling is good.

And hopefully by 2023 we find ourselves a fullback so that we've got 5 players in the backline who are/would be great at returning the ball on kick returns.

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Anybody else see Dufty as a super sub?

1. JAC (surely worth a shot at fullback)
2. Okunbor
3. Naden
4. Schoupp
5. Cotric

14. Dufty