Opinion Okunbor

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly I go onto Instagram and there’s a lot of people still bagging him out on social media saying shit, I really hope that he doesn’t look at that stuff and it gets to his head, fuck everyone who’s wants to bag him out he’s putting it all out there and as a fan you have to appreciate that 110% I hope he can’t keep proving everyone wrong with his game. He proved that he wanted to be a player for the dogs today and hopefully he keeps improving!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here
Anyone tell me what race he?
He looks African American

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If he keeps it up he can play wing forever. Okunbur could have been a great wing pairing with Addo-Carr, but nah dude had to have the "fullback dream"

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
He had some great runs and has the potential to be a good winger.

But his defensive reads and rushing in created two tries for Souths tonight and is a recurring problem for him.

If he wants to start in FG next season, Barrett and the assistants need to work on his defence and catching bombs all offseason. If he works on that, then he can be a very good winger. Until then, it's going to be a roller-coaster ride every time he plays.
Those reads were due to the inside men going in too fast on the wrong defender. He had no choice. Our defensive structure out on our edges is poor. A lot of work next season to fix that. And our general match fitness.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Those reads were due to the inside men going in too fast on the wrong defender. He had no choice. Our defensive structure out on our edges is poor. A lot of work next season to fix that. And our general match fitness.
I disagree regarding the reads. On the second one he was almost midfield by himself. If he comes up, he needs to shut the play down by smashing someone or deflecting the ball if someone is outside him.

But I agree that it is a constant stupid team strategy which hasn't worked for years and they do it on both sides with whoever the winger is.

Either way, Okunbur needs work on defensive reads otherwise he'll keep getting targeted. But he was great running the ball and his impact with the ball made a huge difference.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey guys

Have to say big game by Okunbor today.
Have to give him respect.

Well done Jayden

Hopefully he grows from today’s game and smashes it

Well done again
Played well but defensive reads are a worry

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What an improvement. You can see he focussed on handling the ball before trying anything fancy. I'm thoroughly impressed. I think the wake up call worked on him.
My husband ran into him at the local petrol station earlier in the year , he was dressed in high viz gear and asked if he was the guy who plays for the bulldogs he goes nahh I used to mate " said he was pretty disappointed

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Always said he had the talent and needed to be persisted with. If we had him and chn from the start of the year we prob win a few more games

silva

Utility
Reaction score
You have to give SG credit too, his selection particularly back 5 was smart

Big, strong lads to help the forwards out with tough carries off our line which something Meaney can’t do
Spot on

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That's possible.

I know people are saying Thompson isn't on much and Lafai is on minimum wage but we actually don't know (no reports to go off at least). There is a scenario Thompson's on ~500k for this year and Lafai is on slightly more than minimum wage, e.g. 300k. If the numbers were around that could we of kept CHN, not sure.

I'm happy we've kept Elliott (possibly over CHN) anyways.

I'll be honest, I wasn't fussed over Okunbor, but he's killed it the last two weeks.
I feel the same about Oka’s iv been pleasantly surprised at his form. Mainly for his metres gained.

I think Laf is on $300ish but he came half way through the year so we only contribute about $150k so a large portion of that would be the rest of Harpers contract. $500k for Thommo is about right but it’s again it would only be half $250k as he arrived well into the season. The rumour was we had about that in the cap this year for a mid season signing. Unless we promoted someone I don’t think CHNs salary was used.Well not the second half anyway as the first half we already paid.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an improvement. You can see he focussed on handling the ball before trying anything fancy. I'm thoroughly impressed. I think the wake up call worked on him.
My husband ran into him at the local petrol station earlier in the year , he was dressed in high viz gear and asked if he was the guy who plays for the bulldogs he goes nahh I used to mate " said he was pretty disappointed
My cousin has a similar run in with him at Bankstown Centro literally a week before he got re-instated. Seemed like he had no clue whether he'd be back or not.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
He’s been top 3 the past 2 games he’a been back. I also think his presence has lit a fire under Smith’s arse. I think Smith was cruising all year thinking OKB wasn’t coming back. Now he’s got competition for a spot.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was leaning towards CHN staying and this guy leaving if it came down to one choice.
However after his remorse in his apology I started to warm to him. And true to his word that he'll commit to the bulldogs if they give him a chance, he'll be a better player and person. I'm liking so far his effort and how our team looks more potent with his presence.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was impressive now only with post metres but because he was not monstered like meaney of montoya, the following play the ball is much faster

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needs a fend and a step and he'll be a TOP winger! He just runs into players and gives up at most breaks :/

Otherwise he had a cracking game!