Okunbor coming off the bench

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We only made 7 rotations today. When we have a couple of injuries, why?
Experience .. Gus mentioned it ht at sharks game to rugby league world he didn't agree with the bench CC better start listening

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can anybody explain to me the logic that resulted in that decision?

I’m not blaming him for the loss. I am however questioning what the fuck we’re doing. He’s so half hearted. Why anyone thought bringing that half-heartedness closer to the action would be a good idea?

I’m so confused
I don’t think it’s half hearted. He is just not a first grade player. He has no game awareness, runs poor lines and makes poor decisions in defence. Should never be considered as an edge, not sure we have better though. The fact he is even in considered an option highlights how poor our list is

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Worst thing is he provides no impact at all. Just a tall lump of shit that tiptoes to the defensive line like a ballerina.
In the last few weeks I’ve actually wanted to write a defence of Okunbor because I thought he hasn’t been too bad - not great, but solid enough.

I watched him a bit more closely today and you’re right, he is so tentative in his ball running and has no impact at the line whatsoever, nor does he have any passing game to speak of so the opposition just gets a rest when they see him in line for a hit up.

I think I’ve also been so relieved that his ball control has improved that I’ve been ignoring or playing up the rest of his game, and then he went and dropped a sitter today just to top it all off.

46 minutes today, 33m run and 24 tackles. Surely he’s out of the 17 when Kikau and Thompson are back.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Imagine David Gillespie tackling him. Would have smashed him and his prancy stepping on tulips routine. That’s a real forward.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We've got no one better than him... let that sink in. It is the cold hard truth.
Any forward we have is better than him.
Look at reserve grade. There's gotta be 3 at least to choose from who have 2 arms and 2 legs...thats all thats required to be an improvement.

Last edited:

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I’m not blaming him for the loss. I am however questioning what the fuck we’re doing. He’s so half hearted. Why anyone thought bringing that half-heartedness closer to the action would be a good idea?

I’m so confused
He is quite possibly the worst player I’ve seen in last 10 years. He must be going out with one the coaches daughters or something to keep his spot!

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the last three weeks he has been targeted and a huge number of tries scored down that side

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Needs to go to super league.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I’m so confused
Can you please post an easier question..lol.
Seriously he offers absolutely nothing and I'm putting it nicely. Willison, Bronco's debutant made Okunboring look like a reserve grader.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He probably isn't first grade standard. He has all the right ingredients , but just comes up with bad errors to often. Looking at our current list of available players I don't see many other valid or available options. Perhaps when we have a few more options back from injury we can finally fuck him off back to cup.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Rugby League Week still did those player ratings, honesty, he would have got, at best, a 1 today. Just another dud player in our squad who is nowhere near NRL standard.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
hopefully with Kikau back next week we wont have to see okunbor on the bench again

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldud no idea fekk up list-
Okunbor to middle
KO to half
Perham to fullback
Ava to centre
Flange to hooker