Okay, lineup for 2022

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Foran vs Avo for this year, remember Avos first year as a half and in a shit side. The kid is a star in the making. Reserve your judgments on him for next season.
100% he will be

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wakeham or BBO will probably do more than ok for 2022. We have a far better forward pack now to pull their weight and gain ground and space. Happy to see how they go pairing with Burto. He will run the show and they just need to back up, and look after left side backs, kicks for tries and repeat sets if there's nothing on.

It's dh/hooker I'm more concerned with. Obviously JMK could improve now that we have bigger, agile forwards but he still doesn't seem to have the skill to pick out opposition weaknesses or a good pass selection...never throws it for the forwards to run onto for instance. Cook is FG unknown and hopefully a surprise package for us.

Flanaghan to not even get selected in reserves so he can stilt their play either as far as I am concerned :grinning:

Having said that I think all of these players will improve markedly with Gus around the group. He commands respect, is inspirational with his knowledge of the game, expects players to be hard and tough, and can throw up some pretty hardnosed motivational speeches.

Things look on track to set some demanding, and thorough, standards of play, and fitness, and game awareness with him at the helm and ALL the coaching staff will need to be on their best game as well.

Let's hope there's lots of pre-season training updates to fill the void of waiting till our rebuilt team get out there in Round 1.
I like BBO and think he will get his chance next year but I think we will start with Wakeham, just cant see us starting the season with a halfback that's only played half a dozen FG games.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if Ben Seufale is still with us for next year. Kids hard to put down and has a good offload.

Idk ive looked him on Instagram and he doesn’t even have an account and no information about his contract. Hopefully yes, could of gone back to tigers as he was there 2019 flegg player of the year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly whether anyone likes it or not Averillo will be our 7 it’s crystal clear, Baz wouldn’t have persisted with him last year otherwise. I believe Baz will try make Averillo a Hughes type 7. If he is really the halves whisper why can’t he do it Averillo has talent.
No doubt... Seems the game is moving towards 2 skillful running halves rather than the recently traditional organizer and runner.

Flanno is so done in the NRL its not funny.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Addo Carr
3. Naden
4. Schoupp
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Averillo
8. Thompson
9. JMK
10. TPJ
11. Hetherington
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. BBO
15. Vaughn
16. Asiata
17. Topine

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
NRL Round 1
1. Matthew Dufty
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Aaron Schoupp
4. Brent Naden
5. Nick Cotric
6. Matt Burton
7. Jake Averillo
8. Paul Vaughan
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Luke Thompson
11. Jack Hethrington
12. Josh Jackson
13. Tavita Pangai Jr
Bench
14. John Asiata
15. Bailey Biondi-Odo
16. Ava Seumanufagi
17. Raymond Faitala-Marnier

Canterbury cup Round 1
1. Corey Allan
2. Larson Dale-Doyle
3. Paul Alamoti
4. Braidon Burns
5. Jayden Okunbur
6. Brandon Wakeham
7. Kyle Flanagan
8. Max King
9. Josh Cook
10. Chris Patolo
11. Corey Waddell
12. Joe Stimson
13. Jackson Topine
Bench
14. Ryan Gray
15. Mavoni Tuifua
16. Josh Stuckey
17. Judda Turahui

Players injured or in doubt for Round 1
Tui Katoa = health issues Out indefinite
Matt Doorey = ACL in doubt Round 1
Aaron Schoupp = shoulder in doubt Round 1

2 Impressive teams plenty of talent and some good juniors who will no doubt be pushing to play the cup players and 1st graders looking forward to 2022
That bench is way too weak imo. Asiata is meh and suffering from injury, RFM suffering from injury, Ava old and limited minutes in him while BBO is inexperienced. Need more power and intensity off the bench.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Burns centre nado fb
Duffy nsw cup please
I wonder if you'll be saying this at the back end of next season after Dufty has the most try assists line break assists and most run metres per game. Dufty is an elite player. Wait and see.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Addo Carr
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Wakeham
8. Vaughan
9 JMK
10. Pangai
11. Hetherington
12. Jackson
13. Thompson

14 BBO
15. Ava
16. Asiata
17. King

Potential weakness is goal kicking.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Addo Carr
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Wakeham
8. Vaughan
9 JMK
10. Pangai
11. Hetherington
12. Jackson
13. Thompson

14 BBO
15. Ava
16. Asiata
17. King

The disrespect to a future Australian half :rage:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Addo Carr
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Wakeham
8. Vaughan
9 JMK
10. Pangai
11. Hetherington
12. Jackson
13. Thompson

14 BBO
15. Ava
16. Asiata
17. King

Agree goal kicking needs sorting. Hope it's not overlooked....4 needs to turn into 6.
Not sure about JJ 2ndrow or your bench :grinning:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That bench is way too weak imo. Asiata is meh and suffering from injury, RFM suffering from injury, Ava old and limited minutes in him while BBO is inexperienced. Need more power and intensity off the bench.
Patolo in for Ava, Stimson in for rfm until he gets nrl fitness back.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I'm so hoping someone else puts their hand up for that fullback spot over Dufty. He just can't read other teams attacks, and I'm not sure that will change.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree goal kicking needs sorting. Hope it's not overlooked....4 needs to turn into 6.
Not sure about JJ 2ndrow or your bench :grinning:
JJ is a difficult one to figure out exactly where he goes. I think Luke's best position is a 3rd middle.

All three middles can create 2nd phase play which was sadly missing this year. Dufty should be sniffing around the ruck looking for offloads. If he gets into open space, there is just the fullback to beat either by his speed or someone in support.

Bench can be varied a bit. If RFM is fit, he gets a run for sure, maybe instead of King. I have always favoured a bench composition of 2 props, a back rower and a utility who can cover 2 or more spine positions.