Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
so if the reports are true,

For 2018

we are over the cap

we have pathetic roster

we may not be able to sign foran or woods or even both of them.

We can not sign any more players.

we have moved on Kasiano and Reynolds, who despite being ordinary have provided our only go forward along with klemmer and Jackson.

so given the situation

how can we make most of our 2018 which seems already done and dusted before 2017 is finished.

I will start by

1- Sacking Des Now
2- Sack the board
3- Bring Mortimer back
4- Bring in a new coach who could change shit, i dont care what changes are made, but atleast get the players motivated and get the most out of Bmoz, Klemmer, Jackson, Mbye and the rest, who are clearly down and out of ideas. Do something different , even if we lose games , dont care , bring the bulldog culture back.
5- Blood in youngsters from day one and stick with them from day one. give them the entire 2018, we already know the season is gone.

this is the only way we can build towards 2019 and beyond but the more we delay and fuck around to patch here and there, the longer it will take to rebuild from this mess.

Lets press the reset button NOW!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No offence.

But it's another sack Des & the board thread.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No offence.

But it's another sack Des & the board thread.

no its not, i am preparing for the future given our situation now.

and that is why i started with "IF THE REPORTS ARE TRUE.."

smart people say: proactive maintenance is better than preventive maintenance.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do something constructive while the dogs are playing
This is something I can vouch for!

I have been Zwifting (cycling simulator) during the past 2 games.
Benefits:
1.Got some exercise.
2. Didn't damage the telly.
3.Didn't damage anyone else's eardrums yelling at the team.
4.Didn't feel the urge to gouge out my own eyeballs watching our "attack".
5. Didn't have Desball blues at the end of the game.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Maybe if desballs gets sacked put some young blood in the team and play players in there right position,
With a proper game plan we can start building for the future.
1.mbye
2.moz
3.moz
4.flopa
5.montoya
6.brown
7.cleeland
8.klemmer
9.wolford
10.tolman
11.jakson
12.eastwood
13.RFM

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe if desballs gets sacked put some young blood in the team and play players in there right position,
With a proper game plan we can start building for the future.
1.mbye
2.moz
3.moz
4.flopa
5.montoya
6.brown
7.cleeland
8.klemmer
9.wolford
10.tolman
11.jakson
12.eastwood
13.RFM
Mbye at fullback has to be done in my opinion.

next 3 games should be the perfect time to try it.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just eat a heap of garlic chicken and wash it down with your drop of choice... repeat during every game next year..

Thats my gameplan

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

For 2018

we are over the cap

we have pathetic roster

we have moved on Kasiano and Reynolds, who despite being ordinary have provided our only go forward along with klemmer and Jackson.

so given the situation

how can we make most of our 2018 which seems already done and dusted before 2017 is finished.

I will start by

1- Sacking Des Now
2- Sack the board
3- Bring Mortimer back
4- Bring in a new coach who could change shit, i dont care what changes are made, but atleast get the players motivated and get the most out of Bmoz, Klemmer, Jackson, Mbye and the rest, who are clearly down and out of ideas. Do something different , even if we lose games , dont care , bring the bulldog culture back.
5- Blood in youngsters from day one and stick with them from day one. give them the entire 2018, we already know the season is gone.

this is the only way we can build towards 2019 and beyond but the more we delay and fuck around to patch here and there, the longer it will take to rebuild from this mess.

Lets press the reset button NOW!
Step 1 - we need a new board
Step 2 - we need a new coach, not only that we need new staff who have worked with the bulldogs before but haven't been exposed to Des for to long and realise how outdated he is (eg. Kimmorley and Ennis)
Step 3 - accepting that we will suck for another 2 years and move on whoever we can in order to give the new coach time to build his new side (ala Nathan Brown).

As for what players we need to get rid of, imo it's pretty simple;
Graham, Tolman, B.Morris, J.Morris, G.Eastwood and Kieran Foran. I would love to keep Foran, but let's be honest he was out with a 'new' injury today and is straight up Hasler baggage/association... which we need to extremely distance ourselves from.
As for Woods, he has his pros and cons but really. he's younger than Graham and more valuable than Tolman, so ideally I think we'd be better off keeping him if we can subsidise the Bupa twins wage for someone like Newcastle.
As for the Morris twins, is like to see them head to Leeds Rhinos or St Helens, both clubs have had affiliations with Canterbury in the past, maybe we could strike a deal...
Eastwood... well this stinks, we will be paying him until his times up.
Doing all this will see us suck and miss the 8 next year, but it's 100% worth it so we can start to see some positive progression in team culture and performance.
Money won't be and issue by 2020 if we play it smart and there's no reason why 2019 couldn't be a competitive season if we play with some pride and recruit the right players.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Serious question for anyone in the know - what happens if we can't get under the cap next year. Foran and Woods have signed contacts which we will have to honour. Will we have to pay them and they sit out until we are under the cap. Possibly be stripped competition points? Other than possibly Newcastle I don't think there's clubs with alot of space left in the cap.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The season isn't over yet. If Knights can win 2 more games, Titans and Tigers win one more game each, we can do it. We can win the coveted Wooden Spoon.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The season isn't over yet. If Knights can win 2 more games, Titans and Tigers win one more game each, we can do it. We can win the coveted Wooden Spoon.

I am talking about next season also been written off.

this season was gone when we re-signed des.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With the minor premiership wrapped up Bellyache could rest players against Newcastle.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
no its not, i am preparing for the future given our situation now.

and that is why i started with "IF THE REPORTS ARE TRUE.."

smart people say: proactive maintenance is better than preventive maintenance.
Oh yes it is Zee!!:tonguewink:

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

For 2018

we are over the cap

we have pathetic roster

so given the situation

I will start by

1- Sacking Des Now
2- Sack the board
3- Bring Mortimer back

Lets press the reset button NOW![/QUOTE
Or.....find a new team to support.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Or.....find a new team to support.
Tried that. Started supporting the Carlton in the AFL. They're now pretty much the Canterbury Bulldogs of the AFL world. Actually, they beat us to it. Before we signed Des they signed the biggest name in AFL as their coach and soon they couldn't make the finals. Before long they became wooden spooners. They sacked the coach now a few years later they're still rubbish. A good look into our future.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Mbye
2. Montoya
3. J Morris
4. B Morris
5. Hopoate
6. Foran
7. Cleeland
8. Klemmer
9. Brown
10. Woods
11. Jackson (c)
12. Graham
13. RFM

14. Tolman
15. Elliott

Coach. Neil Henry

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tried that. Started supporting the Carlton in the AFL. They're now pretty much the Canterbury Bulldogs of the AFL world. Actually, they beat us to it. Before we signed Des they signed the biggest name in AFL as their coach and soon they couldn't make the finals. Before long they became wooden spooners. They sacked the coach now a few years later they're still rubbish. A good look into our future.
The idea is to find a team that is actually different to us & better yet, winning!

Status
Not open for further replies.