Rumour Oil/Inside Information/Prediction - Consolidated Thread

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I dare say it will be tomorrow with Origin wrapping up tonight and the reports of both players being close to agreeing to terms. I am pumped for the Flanno/Burton combo, it's been way too long since the Dogs have had a quality halves pairing
That’s true.. huge potential if we pull it off.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dare say it will be tomorrow with Origin wrapping up tonight and the reports of both players being close to agreeing to terms. I am pumped for the Flanno/Burton combo, it's been way too long since the Dogs have had a quality halves pairing
Best halves combo since Sherwin and Anatsa....and we all remember how that ended in 04

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree mate, I’m sure departed player payments dry up by ‘21 latest, but regardless, it appears to be a lesson in roster management because if you have too many off contract at once it can be problematic. We’ve got ~14 off contract end of ‘21 - many of which we likely won’t want to retain so a different problem but their spots will still need to be replaced and I think the balance of the roster is something the club has been working towards. A difficult science to perfect!
To think we have 14 players off contract next year is absolutely staggering to be honest
This wouldn’t be normal would it amongst the other clubs,do you know what the average is throughout the other teams.
Is it a case of poor management by previous staff.
Its obvious TB will engage in bringing new players from outside but for mine this will give our development guys & potential juniors a massive opportunity to cement a permanent spot.
2021 is the year to step up and make a name for yourself.
The rookies are in the box seat big time at Belmore.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
To think we have 14 players off contract next year is absolutely staggering to be honest
This wouldn’t be normal would it amongst the other clubs,do you know what the average is throughout the other teams.
Its obvious TB will engage in bringing new players from outside but for mine this will give our development guys & potential juniors a massive opportunity to cement a permanent spot.
It is a bit early to say but could be a master stroke, rather then negotiate with other clubs to move on players he doesn’t want, Baz can simply just not resign the guys he doesn’t want to.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a bit early to say but could be a master stroke, rather then negotiate with other clubs to move on players he doesn’t want, Baz can simply just not resign the guys he doesn’t want to.
I’m not really sure if it’s a master stroke or just an oversight by our club,
totally agree it will be easy for Baz next season, either play good or your fired.
In a way 2021 will be the start to our real rebuild with our cap debacle well & truly behind us.
Plus our 14 players walking the tight rope.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not really sure if it’s a master stroke or just an oversight by our club,
totally agree it will be easy for Baz next season, either play good or your fired.
In a way 2021 will be the start to our real rebuild with our cap debacle well & truly behind us.
Plus our 14 players walking the tight rope.
I think you nailed it right there mate 14 walking the tight rope...

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Add this one to the list from Juicy Dog:

Burton is signed for 2022. An early release will be determined once Cleary and Luai are back to preseason in December.

No Crichton

No Spencer

We have also signed a hooker for 2022. The hooker is from the Melbourne Storm

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting depressing with no signing news. Drove past Belmore today & saw the boys training if we getting anyone else they should be out there with the team already

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This link has all contracts and lengths for all teams. Just scroll down the page. Hope the link pastes alright.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We've been in the un-envious position of having such crap team that most were'nt worth re-signing. Anyone worth it would be done, the rest need to be evaluated and cleared.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting depressing with no signing news. Drove past Belmore today & saw the boys training if we getting anyone else they should be out there with the team already
Even if get Burton early, the players are required to have 2 months off so he wouldn't be scheduled to show up to preseason training until right before Christmas anyway