Rumour Oh do I have some Good Lachlan Lewis oil for you

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
it was just a phone call, id say Super rugby depth.
the phone call happened and thats a fact.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We should pay rugby Australia a million dollars if they want him on top of paying castles and folaus severance payments.

But miracles like that never happen :(

Good thinking nasheeds but unfortunately I have a better chance of winning $14.02 on the super ball tomorrow then something close to this happening.

In saying that it’s a type of thing you’d give your left nut for.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis the next Larkham... make it happen!!

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis will be the first union player ever to cause instant rucks as all his passes will end up on the ground... Sounds like a sound strategy by the aru.
I'd have believed it if Raelene was still running the show.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it was just a phone call, id say Super rugby depth.
the phone call happened and thats a fact.
Why would any super rugby club chase a non creative and unsuccessful league half? Who was the last half who transitioned successfully to rugby?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Because he’s under contract with us and he wont break current contract and go to rugby unless he gets same $$
That's on him and there's no salary link between Yawnion and league. If he decides to walk away from the Dogs contract for another sport we are not liable to supplement his income. His contract would be void.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's on him and there's no salary link between Yawnion and league. If he decides to walk away from the Dogs contract for another sport we are not liable to supplement his income. His contract would be void.
Correct

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
That is regardless of different code or different team tough. Why are you muddying the water.

Im astounded how often TK doesnt understand this stuff.

If lewis wanted to go to the eels for example but chose not too because they didnt have the cap space or werent willing to match the contract., then its on the dogs whether they supplement the difference (carried on the cap) or say no deal.

Same thing, if union make an enquiry, and say they are interested in lewis, but not willing to fork out 450, only 300, and lewis was open to it but didnt want to take a paycut, then the deal either doesnt happen or if dogs really want him gone, they throw in 150 for next year (carried on our cap) and release him straight.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That is regardless of different code or different team tough. Why are you muddying the water.

Im astounded how often TK doesnt understand this stuff.

If lewis wanted to go to the eels for example but chose not too because they didnt have the cap space or werent willing to match the contract., then its on the dogs whether they supplement the difference (carried on the cap) or say no deal.

Same thing, if union make an enquiry, and say they are interested in lewis, but not willing to fork out 450, only 300, and lewis was open to it but didnt want to take a paycut, then the deal either doesnt happen or if dogs really want him gone, they throw in 150 for next year (carried on our cap) and release him straight.
What's to understand as if your enlightened or something. I'm not muddying the water I am directly saying that the dogs are not liable to pay anything to a player that decides to play a different sport. The article says that we might have to pay some freight to Lewis if he plays Union. Why would we if he leaves the code?

If Lewis wants to go to Union then then has a choice to make. Go to Union and lose whatever his contract is at the Dogs and that's it. There is no salary and cap link between the 2 different codes. I have never heard of someone going to a different sport from RL and that club paying freight to prop up their pay packet and it being included in our cap. Hayne was getting secret squirrel cash from the eels in the hope that if he returned from Gridiron then he would go back to them. I have no idea if that was ever shown in the Parra SC? That's the closest I ever heard of.

Or are you saying that the Dogs will just pay Lewis extra cash to leave? If so that is different to us paying Union "full freight" for him to play there?

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What's to understand as if your enlightened or something. I'm not muddying the water I am directly saying that the dogs are not liable to pay anything to a player that decides to play a different sport. The article says that we might have to pay some freight to Lewis if he plays Union. Why would we if he leaves the code?

If Lewis wants to go to Union then then has a choice to make. Go to Union and lose whatever his contract is at the Dogs and that's it. There is no salary and cap link between the 2 different codes. I have never heard of someone going to a different sport from RL and that club paying freight to prop up their pay packet and it being included in our cap. Hayne was getting secret squirrel cash from the eels in the hope that if he returned from Gridiron then he would go back to them. I have no idea if that was ever shown in the Parra SC? That's the closest I ever heard of.

Or are you saying that the Dogs will just pay Lewis extra cash to leave? If so that is different to us paying Union "full freight" for him to play there?
You’re correct.

If there’s no NRL contract there’s nothing for The NRL to enforce.

The only way The NRL would get involved, SC wise, would be if a cub effectively sacked or moved on a player with time on his contract at the club’s, NOT players, instigation, as happens yearly. But if RU want a player and the player wants to go, it’s up to them to sort it out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Name one. Andrew walker was rugby first. He is the last one from the professional era I can recall. Benji was a disaster and he had more skill in his left fingernail then Lewis.
Benji played union? LOL

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Name one. Andrew walker was rugby first. He is the last one from the professional era I can recall. Benji was a disaster and he had more skill in his left fingernail then Lewis.
Brett Sheehan
Duncan McRae
BerriBarnes
Ricky Stuart
Mat Rogers
Andy Farrell - went from league forward to Union half!
Kevin sinfield
Owen Farrell - son of Andy Farrell, ist he highest paid union played in the world
That's just off the top of my head