Rumour Oh do I have some Good Lachlan Lewis oil for you

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I try to keep quiet on alot of the smaller news, ever since the Doorey oil that just scared more people than it satisfied, but this one i need to tell you all about.

I'm hearing theres been some phone calls between the ARU and the bulldogs about Lachlan Lewis.

The thought process is that Lachlans game may be incrediby suited to Rugby union. Long range kicks, venemous front on tackling, less emphasis on line busting for a fly half etc.

There is some sticking points.

ARU are interested, but they arent willing to offer the sort of big money that Lachlan is on, which is 450+ car. a year.
Bulldogs would have to pay some serious freight, but why would they? The club doesnt really want to let go of Lewis. Any ARU related deal isnt a wallabies fast track., it would be Super Rugby depth at this point to try him out, no more than 300k.
I hear no indication that Lachlan wants to go or Barrett wants him to go either.
It would leave canterbury extremely shiort of halves depth if Green doesnt front up.

The feeling is that ARU need to be proper interested and not somewhat interested. No obligation from Dogs except a clean severence which they would obly do begrudgingly.
Prob wont happen, but watch this space. The dogs took the call after all.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would we need to pay some freight if he leaves league and plays a different sport?
Because he’s under contract with us and he wont break current contract and go to rugby unless he gets same $$

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
having played rugby, his game actually would suit union for sure

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No chance Australian rugby have quite a few new options for fly-half now. Wouldn’t be interested at all