OFFICIAL: Kevin Moore quits as Bulldogs coach. Effective immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sad at all, guess I'm different. This is a business not a charity, you don't get a spot because you're a nice guy who ****s rainbows, do your job well or don't do your job.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Anyone cheering or celebrating this announcement is showing poor form in my opinion.

At the end of the day someone lost their job. A high paying one that would have been a dream job for Tadpole and this is someone who bleeds blue and white.

I think the end result is probably best for the team and the club moving forward but still, some sensitivity and class from the fans should be shown for once. This is someone's life that we're dealing with.

The thing that I feel bad about is the fact that the fans and members on here have forced this by continually asking for his sacking. Me personally, I would have preferred this outcome, but to go on about it for so long and talk about it day after day in thread after thread na dtalking about it the way many did, is just over the top and should be a lesson to us as a fan base that we have more power than simply just letting some steam off.
thought you were staying away from the kennel Benjamin
(BBBII)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's a shame that the players have to wait for their necks to be on the line for them to play with heart. And TBH I don't know where are you getting your rants from but Moore's issues is that he stood up for his players, but they didn't repay the favour...Sacking him maybe the right thing but the way that the board has gone about it, taking away his dignity with leaked stories and BS is shameful
Actually tend to agree with you..

Board and CEO should have kept quiet and let whatever the paper say they say.

Instead they made themselves look silly be denying something that was inevitable.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Not sad at all, guess I'm different. This is a business not a charity, you don't get a spot because you're a nice guy who ****s rainbows, do your job well or don't do your job.
So going by that theory then we should see mass sackings in the playing roster very shortly then?

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So going by that theory then we should see mass sackings in the playing roster very shortly then?
Well surely if they consistently don't perform that's on the cards? They don't just get a spot by default

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Well surely if they consistently don't perform that's on the cards? They don't just get a spot by default
I will believe that when I see it.Anyway I was more referring to the gloating by a few lowlifes on here at the expense of a great Clubman,regardless of what we think of him as a coach.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
i hope he stays with the club the moores will always be apart of the club and hope he has some sort of the job with the club
Same. He has put 40 years of his life into the club and he and his father are an important part of the clubs history. Im sad too, but on the upside, we will see a vanishing of sack threads (until the sack Dymock ones start). A lot of negativity will disappear from this forum and that will be a good thing. Nobody will expect Dymock to get us to the GF, so he wont be under the pressure Moore was. We will accept anything we can get this year, knowing we start next year with a clean slate and hopefully more success.

I didnt think they would sack him mid season, and they didnt for which im happy. I dont believe he was coerced into leaving. end of season was always going to be when, unless he didnt want to hang around.

It wouldnt have been easy to hear you have lost confidence of the board and fans, and to know you were going to get the boot in a few months. Id probably quit too. I hope they find some way to keep him involved with the club.

Luatootz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Funny how everyone on here calling for Moores head and now hes fallen on his sword, y'all want to pay his tributes.

Palease, stay true to your original thoughts......bunch of muppets!

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word"

Kefs!

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how everyone on here calling for Moores head and now hes fallen on his sword, y'all want to pay his tributes.

Kefs!
:roflol:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Kefs!
Putting the boot into a fallen soldier is weak as piss.

It was the right decision to move on Kevin.

Good luck to him and the fans now have closure on this issue.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Now the players have no excuse.

See for me Moore's biggest problem was letting 17 players play HIS idea of a game.

When in fact a good coach see's the qualities in each player, and uses that accordingly in his side.

Will we now see Cranky Frankie fire up? Will our halves have a new lease on life? Will our backline spring to life? Until now it's been one man out and thats how Moore has coached the side.

With the talent in our top 17, letting them play their natural games, and working with the side around that, we could have some devestating attack and defence. The player ability and skill is there, it's just up to whoever is coach to make those 17 play as a team, and KM wasn't doing that.

I'm very keen to see what we can do and see how our gameplay changes in the next few weeks. I still wouldn't like to be playing the Dogs in the next 2-3 weeks, because there is every chance that they'll click (like in the first 5 rounds) and put some points on someone (funnily enough one of our biggest wins this year was against Parra, who we play again soon). :D

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Footy Show, Vautin Said Moore Told Channel 9 that he was sacked, the Bulldogs of New are not like the Bulldogs of Old and said something else which i forget. Poor fella.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Get your cash on the Dogs v the Warriors

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
End of an era. A very sad day for the club, it's just a big shame that this has been played out so badly in the media. It should not have ended like it has and should have been dealt internally.

Could this be a coincidence with the upcoming elections for the board early next year? There has been so much unrest publicised in the media, and anger amongst the fan base that action had to be taken.

Finally, thank you Kevin 'Tadpole' Moore for your contribution to the club over the last 40 odd years. Born a Bulldog and will always be a Buldog.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whichever way you want to look at it, in 2009 we were great, then at the end of 2009 our game style changed. Maybe it was to put less pressure on the halves, maybe some other reason. Since then we've played this 80's style football. By the end of 2010 it hadn't worked effectively.

We're over half way through 2011 and we're still using the same style of football that hasn't worked for nearly two years. As much respect I have for Kevin Moore and the Moore family, in a sport that's run as a business, that's unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.