Official AFL Discussion Thread

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tried to take advantage of NRL in Vegas but stuffed it imo
Traditionally they were always a week ahead of us. Not sure when GF is played in relation this year. Too busy worrying about us and not themselves, not a good business model. They always copy but, magic round etc.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Traditionally they were always a week ahead of us. Not sure when GF is played in relation this year. Too busy worrying about us and not themselves, not a good business model. They always copy but, magic round etc.
Don’t know why they care about us so much when they have the bigger crowds, tv audiences and deal, National game etc. they tried to put games on in Sydney but we played there anyway lol

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t know why they care about us so much when they have the bigger crowds, tv audiences and deal, National game etc. they tried to put games on in Sydney but we played there anyway lol
I think our tv audiences are bigger but as u say crowd numbers will never be matched. They aren’t a game that’s very innovative imo.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Isn't the membership only $10? I'll sign up for that price...
Yeah right. I got no idea, but yes be silly not to. It’s like my snooker comp at club. Cost me $10, I get a free schooner and once a year have hot dog night on the house. Genius!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 104386
60,000 Foundation Members in the first twelve hours of going on sale.
What’s with ‘Tasmania Devils’ - shouldn’t it be ‘Tasmanian Devils’?? A bit like ‘Wests Tigers’.

Don’t mind the logo or colours but what’s with the jersey with a ‘Map o’ Tassie’ and the big ‘T’ on it: we know where you’re from and how to get there. Will their boots have ‘TGIF’ on them - ‘Toes Go In First’?? :-).
IMG_8223.jpeg

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What’s with ‘Tasmania Devils’ - shouldn’t it be ‘Tasmanian Devils’?? A bit like ‘Wests Tigers’.

Don’t mind the logo or colours but what’s with the jersey with a ‘Map o’ Tassie’ and the big ‘T’ on it: we know where you’re from and how to get there. Will their boots have ‘TGIF’ on them - ‘Toes Go In First’?? :-).
View attachment 104422
I've never been to Tassie, but have seen many maps of it. Although they are a lot rarer these days, seem to be making a comeback.

I believe that's going to be something like a heritage jersey, based on their state rep jumper, and will be only used a couple of times a year.

Despite the launch, the final design for most games is still to be determined. But may still have a map of Tassie on it.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I've never been to Tassie, but have seen many maps of it. Although they are a lot rarer these days, seem to be making a comeback.

I believe that's going to be something like a heritage jersey, based on their state rep jumper, and will be only used a couple of times a year.

Despite the launch, the final design for most games is still to be determined. But may still have a map of Tassie on it.
Go @Bulldog Wrestler and those Maps O’ Tassie!
Fully endorsed and supported :tearsofjoy:.

Tassie is one of those places like India where people tend to love or hate it, there’s not much in between. Personally I think it’s pretty but somewhat boring so I’ll go with ‘pretty boring’ :-).

Thanks for the scoop re: jersey, That would be a pretty big fail if that was the weekly one!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

View attachment 104422
Warner brothers or whoever own that cartoon character wouldn’t let them have it

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Warner brothers or whoever own that cartoon character wouldn’t let them have it
I think that’s been settled now?
Talk about heavy handed from Hollywood.
I say give them a break. The fact that they only buy one card for Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day means they should have first rights to the devil :-).

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ummm why did they name the team as a state when everywhere else is a suburb/city/region? This is almost as bad as GWS.

But name aside, the good news is they got 80,000+ members and they are still 4 years away from kicking off. Remember when the GWS were about to start up... they were literally giving away tickets to games and people threw them in the bin :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ummm why did they name the team as a state when everywhere else is a suburb/city/region? This is almost as bad as GWS.

But name aside, the good news is they got 80,000+ members and they are still 4 years away from kicking off. Remember when the GWS were about to start up... they were literally giving away tickets to games and people threw them in the bin :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
AFL is the
Only
Sport in Tasmania outside of the off-season basketball
And cricket. Will do a lot better than GWS.They get good crowds to watch the Kangaroos who suck yearly