Official 2006 Tri Nations thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hayman is like twice the size of him, palu just owned him

how the **** does gregan get 1 week and lote gets 5 >:(

you know i meant mcCaw :p who should have binned 2 or 3 times through out the tri nations and again last night but doesn't.

i'm glad elsom got up him a couple of times

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Judiciary are a joke in Union. Rua gets 16 weeks for elbowing someone in the face on purpose (and yes it was deserved) but Gregan does a spear tackle and gets 1 week then Lote does a spear tackle and gets 5 weeks. (which he is only missing 1 game..unless the Wallabies play someone after the Tri Nations??..do they)..its a joke alright.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he has to miss 2 games in the apc, i think it includes the one i am going too >:(

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LG said:
he has to miss 2 games in the apc, i think it includes the one i am going too >:(
Oh boo ****ing hoo. He could have broke someones neck!!

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know, i'm just angry that gregan only got 1 for a much worse offence

btw don't get like that with me, i have heard you talk about the o'driscall incident, you wern't really "sympathetic" were you ?

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LG said:
hayman is like twice the size of him, palu just owned him

how the **** does gregan get 1 week and lote gets 5 >:(

you know i meant mcCaw :p who should have binned 2 or 3 times through out the tri nations and again last night but doesn't.

i'm glad elsom got up him a couple of times
mccaw sinbinned haha. the all blacks conceded 4 penalties all game, elsom had more than that all game.

lote only misses one test and a warm up game on the uk tour. he was getting rested for the aussie provincial games anyway.

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LG said:
he wasn't going to be playing in it anyway!

good to see tuquiri is blaming mccaw for the spear tackle. loser!

and he sent an apology too mccaw which was absolute rubbish. with his comments in the press conference afterwards and his carrying on after the tackle.

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

why wasn't howlett sighted, and can i see mr invisable their.

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
~KuRrY MuNcHa~ said:
eaton-legend

and ^^^^ mealamu- love your avatar!!! :D.
weepu = hottest eye roller ever :p

eaton = schmexiest mullet man ever!

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LG said:
i know, i'm just angry that gregan only got 1 for a much worse offence

btw don't get like that with me, i have heard you talk about the o'driscall incident, you wern't really "sympathetic" were you ?
That was so 1 year ago!!. No it wasnt right but its not my fault Tana and Kevin wern't cited.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
sonnyfaifan said:
he wasn't going to be playing in it anyway!

good to see tuquiri is blaming mccaw for the spear tackle. loser!

and he sent an apology too mccaw which was absolute rubbish. with his comments in the press conference afterwards and his carrying on after the tackle.
LOL was watching Breakfast this morning..and Steven Stuart was like about Tuqiri "no it wasnt his fault" lol being sarcastic..was highly funny. :p

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
team to play the springboks
Leon MacDonald, Rico Gear, Mils Muliaina, Luke McAlister, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Daniel Carter, Piri Weepu, Chris Masoe, Richie McCaw (captain), Reuben Thorne, Ali Williams, Greg Rawlinson, Greg Somerville, Anton Oliver, Neemia Tialata.
Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Tony Woodcock, Chris Jack, Jerry Collins, Jimmy Cowan, Sam Tuitupou, Isaia Toeava

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think if anyone deserved a rest it would have been Richie..maybe be wanted to keep playing???

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Richie is gunn & tank at the same time.. perfect player! glad that flippin kelleher is off, waste of field space!

Weepu for life

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boks Buried, ABs Halfway There

27/08/2006
Marc Hinton
One down, one to go. The All Blacks brushed aside the Springboks 45-26 in their Tri Nations test in Pretoria to take a giant stride towards their ambition of claiming a 2-0 series victory in the republic.

With the Tri Nations title already tucked away after last week's win over the Wallabies in Auckland, Graham Henry's all-conquering New Zealand rugby side has set its sights on winning its "series" in South Africa - a feat only achieved once before by the All Blacks, a decade ago.

And on the strength of this display, with the All Blacks winning with some ease five tries to three, despite a belated South African fightback, that feat will be crossed off next weekend in Rustenburg to sit alongside the myriad of others already achieved under Henry.

This was, after some initial discomfort, another outstanding display by the All Blacks who shook off uninformed suggestions of second-class status after Henry made 11 personnel changes to his starting XV and showed that whatever side the coach sends out in this era, it's a more than capable one.

Probably the only black mark on another fine day for these New Zealanders, who achieved their 15th test victory on the trot and their first in South Africa under Henry, was the worrying injury list. Leon MacDonald, Greg Somerville and Chris Masoe all hobbled off with knocks that put them in major doubt for next week.

Still, Henry has plenty up his sleeve in this touring squad and assuredly he will make more changes next week, and send out another capable side who can put the finishing touches to this ambition of becoming just the second New Zealand side to claim a series in the republic.

In a high-octane opening half the All Blacks had to endure two match-ending injuries to key personnel, a fairly brutal opening assault from the Boks, a couple of butchered try opportunities by Isaia Toeava and a clear case of the lineout wobbles to eventually take a 16-11 lead into the sheds.

It was a try apiece in the opening stanza, Fourie du Preez's snipe down the blindside from poor All Black work at a ruck after 10 minutes being offset by an excellent touchdown to prop Neemia Tialata via a beautifully judged Carter crosskick.

The All Blacks score, eight minutes before the break, was vital as it not only allowed them to get their noses in front 13-11, but it finally punished the South Africans in a spell where Graham Henry's men were not at their predatory best.

It was a tough first 40 for the New Zealanders, with fullback MacDonald having to be replaced by Toeava after just a dozen minutes with a knock to his hip and prop Somerville limping off three minutes later with a leg injury that brought Tony Woodcock into proceedings.

It was a far from perfect first 40 from the New Zealanders, though they looked by far the more likely side with the Springboks reliant on the kicking game and reluctant to offer much by way of ball in hand.

On the other hand the All Blacks created some gilt-edged openings, two of which were ruined by shocking hands from supposed wonder kid Toeava. He spilt a relatively comfortable pass after 16 minutes with an overlap on as the New Zealanders attacked from deep and then not long from halftime he grassed a pass from Mils Muliaina when a try looked a certainty from a move sparked by Chris Masoe.

As usual the All Blacks had plenty to thank the superb Carter for, the gifted one banging over a perfect four from four (including a mammoth 60m effort just before halftime) and weighing in with some fine tactical kicking.

And Henry's men made the ideal start to the second spell, Carter adding a penalty after four minutes and Luke McAlister doubling the try tally two minutes later for a commanding 26-11 lead.

The try was a beaut, too, sparked by Muliaina from deep as he returned a kick with plenty of interest, the fullback finding Sitiveni Sivivatu on the left flank and McAlister on hand to take the inpass and easily beat du Preez who was a despairing last line of defence.

If the Boks were in a hole at that stage, it became a chasm soon after when the New Zealanders ran in two more sparkling tries in two minutes for a 38-14 lead that effectively put the match on ice.

Sivivatu had the first - his ninth in nine tests - when replacement loosie Jerry Collins (on after Masoe injured his knee) tapped a penalty, shook off a tackle and put his winger away for a 30m run in to the corner and the on-fire Muliaina the second when Ali Williams ignited a flowing move with an intercept and run, McAlister on hand to provide the key injection of pace.

The Boks then threatened a dramatic resurgence when impressive midfielder Jacque Fourie crossed for two tries in a six-minute spell before Rico Gear rounded out the All Black scoring, and took the margin back out to 19, with a runaway touchdown sparked again by quick thinking from Collins.

This time it was turnover ball deep in their own territory and when Collins, ever sharp, looked up and saw wide open space he put through a peach of a kick. Gear won the chase and it was all over red rover as an at-times testy encounter had the seal put on it.

The All Blacks' two principal performers were again outstanding, the skipper leading the way with another committed display in the loose and Carter stamping his class all over this match with a 20-point haul, including that fabulous hoof from 60m out.

But Muliaina also had another fine match, more so when he moved back to fullback where the extra space adds another dimension to his game. McAlister also backed up on his excellent efforts of last week with another eye-catching display while Sivivatu and Gear were always likely as they underlined the theory that this was close to the All Blacks' best backline.

Up front the scrum did well to shake off the early loss of Somerville, the lineout wobbled at times but got there in the end and the New Zealanders generally won the battle round the field. Williams produced a high workrate, Masoe was sharp at No 8 till injury struck and Tialata had a useful sort of match capped by a well-deserved try. Greg Rawlinson will also have enjoyed this immensely against his former countrymen, while Collins was all class after his late injection.

The Boks were too one-dimensional and too limited in their attack, as they have been all season. Once they chanced their arm late in the piece they played their best rugby, with Fourie's two tries reward for that. Once again there were attempts to unsettle McCaw off the ball, but it came to nought, apart from a few minor dustups.

This was in the end another very satisfying test victory from the All Blacks. But they will know the job is only half done. Until next weekend the champagne stays on ice.

South Africa 26: Jacque Fourie 2, Fourie du Preez try; Percy Montgomery 2 pen, Butch James pen, Andre Pretorius con.

New Zealand 45: Neemia Tialata, Luke McAlister, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Mils Muliaina, Rico Gear tries; Daniel Carter 4 pen 4 con. Ht: 11-16.
source: http://xtramsn.co.nz/rugby/0,,12428-6218279,00.html

daniel carter (even with a 60 metre penalty kick that went over) is not the best in the world, richie mccaw takes that easily.

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Injury Crisis - Somerville Out For Season

27/08/2006
Duncan Johnstone
All Blacks prop Greg Somerville has been ruled out for up to six months with the All Blacks facing an injury crisis as they try to make a clean sweep of the Philips Tri Nations against the Springboks in Rustenburg next weekend.

They paid a huge price for their hard-fought 45-26 win over South Africa in Pretoria with four key players all battling what appear to be serious injuries.

Fullback Leon MacDonald was forced off after just 11 minutes with a hip problem made while executing a tackle.

Versatile prop Somerville was next to go when he limped off with a ruptured Achilles tendon. The All Blacks medical team confirmed he would be sidelined for six months, ruling him out of the end of year tour and the early phase of next year's Super 14.

Chris Masoe damaged an ankle while attempting to score a try early in the second half and fellow loose forward Reuben Thorne was left with what is suspected to be a broken thumb.

Masoe and MacDonald will be out of action for about three weeks and X-rays will determined Thorne's availability to be involved in next week's test.

New Zealand appear to have the stocks to cover the loss of MacDonald. But coach Graham Henry wants replacements flown in for the loose forwards and prop.

There are major concerns in the propping department. They have outstanding tighthead Carl Hayman still under a cloud after he was knocked out against the Wallabies in Auckland last week.

"We will need a prop and a loose forward over here but I will make a decision once we have spoken to the selectors," said Henry after the Pretoria win.

The All Blacks medical team said it would be at least 24 hours before they could assess the full extent of the injuries.

MacDonald and Somerville departed in an early onslaught from the Springboks that really tested the All Blacks.

The ability of their replacements to settle in so quickly and smoothly was further evidence of the value of Henry's rotation policy. The depth and experience in his squad is now growing with every outing.
source:http://xtramsn.co.nz/rugby/0,,12428-6219704,00.html

john afoa and marty holah are flying over to south africa

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
-Ref was paid..so were his touch judges. Wasnt even funny. That was some of the most pathetic refeering i have ever seen. I wanted to kill him by half time. :nervous:

-Eek injuries..:(..Mils did well at fullback..

-IMO that high shot on DC should have been pulled up..just aswell he wasnt injured..but my god..if that wasnt high i'm not here..

-Lol at Murray at half time saying "that was the near try..now this is the neemia try..ahh was funny..i actually laughed tbh

-Did i mention the officials???

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mils was man of the match for me.

toeava don't use butter on your hands.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aww i feel sorry for Toeava..he has so much pressure on him..everyone is talking him up to be the next Tana Umaga..he isnt gunna become the best centre in the world overnight..

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh btw..i loved Mils's little smirk on his face once he had scored..hahaha i cracked up laughing..hes such a little kid. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.