Official 2006 Tri Nations thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
isaia- cant wait till he gains confidence! will rip up....quite a talent there.

the all blacks oozed confidence.....especially risking using a rookie in toeava in a pretty big game....but a bloody good choice imo!!!

eaton-legend

and ^^^^ mealamu- love your avatar!!! :D....kimmy i think we can add another to the group maybe?!?!?!?!

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
PWjr yes we may!! :grinning:

And yay Lote has been Cited..so he friggin should!!!

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tsk tsk- spear tackles... he should know better.......

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poor richie had pains in his neck..i don't even want to think about what could have happened!!!

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kimmy the Kiwi said:
Poor richie had pains in his neck..i don't even want to think about what could have happened!!!
eh he is a tough guy.he can just shake them out! lol

im glad he is okay though.VERY glad actually.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Richie was in the wars last night..has to had ice on his nose..then blood continued to poor out his nose..the wallabies were trying to take him out every chance they got etc

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kimmy the Kiwi said:
Richie was in the wars last night..has to had ice on his nose..then blood continued to poor out his nose..the wallabies were trying to take him out every chance they got etc

most teams encounter that problem...

with the allblacks it is the only measure they can take!lol
'they are too tough, to hard....and dirty is the only hope of stopping them...but it fails constentley.

maybe if the wobs get some confidence and arnt so sloppy they might get somewhere.....forget swinging arms and spear tackles.( even though i honestly think lotes was an accidnet! )

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kimmy the Kiwi said:
Woo good to see Piri on the bench :grinning:..ffs i just want him back out there..how i have missed him!!
piri 'white line fever' weepu

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LG said:
good first half

we will probally lose but a good start, the all blacks are great but collins is overrated

rocky elsom = legend :D

palu smashed that wuss hayman :grinning:

keep it going wallabies, i think we have proven in the last test against NZand the first half of this one that we are still one of the top rugby nations in the world and will threat for the world cup, while NZ and france are probally a step ahead we are still there
rocky elsom is a idiot, how many times does he have to be told to stay inside, not take out players and stay on his feet if he is going to play at the ball.

when the all blacks had the ball going for the eaton try he had to be told three times to get out of their in his ear, he went out finally and then came back in the side, if the try wasn't scored he was getting a yellow.

palu great work at kicking hayman in the head when hayman was on the ground. have a good rest tuquiri lucky waugh was not with you.

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
pumpkins out of that game:

video ref for giving the elsom try - even georgie didn't think it was a try

knuckles - for saying it was richies fault the tackle went bad

aussie guy on the radio this morning - 'richies big enough so it was okay'.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
~KuRrY MuNcHa~ said:
most teams encounter that problem...

with the allblacks it is the only measure they can take!lol
'they are too tough, to hard....and dirty is the only hope of stopping them...but it fails constentley.

maybe if the wobs get some confidence and arnt so sloppy they might get somewhere.....forget swinging arms and spear tackles.( even though i honestly think lotes was an accidnet! )
accident of not..it was still a spear tackle..we could well say tana's was an accident too. :p

and ffs friggin rocky elsom..he is so friggin dumb. he should have been sin binned ffs..

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"video ref for giving the elsom try - even georgie didn't think it was a try"
It wasnt a try ffs..dumb ****ing SA ref..he wanted us to lose!!..no one but him thought it was a try..the wallabies didnt, we didnt, hell even the ref didnt..asking him to confirm it 3 flipping times "your confirming its a try".."so your confirming its a try".."your confirming that your confirming its a try"

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tri hard with a vengence

20 August 2006
By DAVID LONG

All Blacks captain Richie McCaw said it was a frightening experience to have his neck yanked sideways by a spear-tackle from Lote Tuqiri.

McCaw wouldn't comment on the legality of Tuqiri's tackle although he did say he was surprised no action was taken.

"Looking back maybe (there should have been further action)," he said.

"But I was more worried about myself at the time, to be honest. It gave me a wee tickle-up but I managed to stay out there.

"I got a fright but from our position it's pretty hard to comment on.

"When you're in the heat of it there's things that happen and you don't know how they've happened.

"I got a bit of a fright, which you do when you end up upside down."

As McCaw was driven into the ground his neck creaked dangerously, but luckily the All Blacks captain escaped serious injury. He courageously remained on the field to lead the All Blacks to an incredible come-from-behind victory.

It wasn't the only time McCaw came for attention with dodgy play. He was also targeted by Rocky Elsom and Phil Waugh.

However, McCaw said it was just what he anticipated.

"I expected to get a fair bit of attention, sevens always do. It was hard to get anywhere near the ball at the breakdown, so they did a reasonable job there."

While McCaw will be nursing a sore neck today he can take solace that he has charge of one of the great All Blacks teams - statistically anyway.

The All Blacks' 14th successive win, and their 21st at home, left New Zealand one match short of equalling England's record of 22 consecutive triumphs on home soil.

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
also forgot a pumpkin to:
sunday news, i am the only one allowed to call the wallabies - wannabies

and

rocky elsom - for trying to spear nathan sharpe in a lineout.

Last edited by a moderator:

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am off to wash my flatmate mates car, i bet that locks would have scored three tries last night, got two of them and tryed to argue that elsom is tall as a lock.

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just remembered georgies spear tackle in super 14, how many games did he get 0 or 1.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
sonnyfaifan said:
i just remembered georgies spear tackle in super 14, how many games did he get 0 or 1.
I think he only missed 1..and wasnt that the bye?? :confused: ..meh i have no clue..can't remember back that far..but i remember it was bad!!

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kimmy the Kiwi said:
accident of not..it was still a spear tackle..we could well say tana's was an accident too. :p

and ffs friggin rocky elsom..he is so friggin dumb. he should have been sin binned ffs..

huh? what do you mean?

tanas WAS an accident...:p

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there have been worse ones.

he didn't even meant it, oh well atleast he played great :D NZ struggled to contain him

one day mcgaw will be caugh but i'm not counting on it :p

elsom's try probally wasn't, same could be said for the all black one off a forward pass

palu was strong, he completely owned hayman :grinning:

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Joel who tf is Mcgaw stop figgin calling him that..as it isnt even richie :confused:

Lote cops five-match ban

August 20, 2006 AUSTRALIA wing Lote Tuqiri was found guilty of a dangerous tackle and suspended until November 2 by a SANZAR judicial hearing today.

The Wallabies star was cited by match commissioner Willem Venter for a second-half spear tackle on New Zealand captain Richie McCaw in the 34-27 Tri-Nations loss at Eden Park yesterday.

The suspension covers five games but only one Test match, Australia's meeting with South Africa in Johannesburg on September 9.

Tuqiri is also suspended for the first three New South Wales matches in the Australian Provincial Championship, but he was going to rest from those games in any case.

He will also be ineligible to play the first midweek game on Australia's spring tour of Europe, against the Ospreys in Wales.

AAP
Sucked in Lote!! :evil:

Imagine if he had of broken Richie's neck..:uptight:
Oh and Joel ofcourse Palu was gunna own Hayman..Carl was injured in the 13th minute!!..well i think it was the 13th minute..i can't remember. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.