Official 2006 Tri Nations thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kimmy the Kiwi said:
Oh btw..i loved Mils's little smirk on his face once he had scored..hahaha i cracked up laughing..hes such a little kid. <3
did you stay up to watch it

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
sonnyfaifan said:
did you stay up to watch it
Yep..all my family did..bar my sister..she was out..

Grr the ref was such a freaking a$$hole..****ing irish...

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have also remembered all my hate i have for SA..grr i hate them soo much..they are very dirty players..tbh..i think i like australia more..sa just p me off so much..not to mention them taking the sound off the haka!! :nervous: ..ohwell i know all the words to it..so i could tell what they were saying..but that isnt the point!

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
likely team for test against south africa at rustenberg

15. douglas howlett / luke macallister
14. joe rokocoko
13. mils muliana
12. aaron mauger (if fit) / luke macallister
11. siteveni sivavatu
10. daniel carter
9. jimmy cowan
8. rodney so'oialo
7. richie mccaw
6. jerry collins
5. ali williams
4. chris jack or jason eaton
3. carl hayman
2. andrew hore
1. tony woodcock

16. kevan mealamu
17. john afoa/ neemia tialata
18. jason eaton/greg rawlinson
19. marty holah
20. byron kellaher/ piri weepu
21. luke macallister/ sam tuituipoi
22. toeava

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would be mad if JC (Jimmy Cowan) gets a chance to start..will be highly proud!..although sometimes i think he is related to Justin Marshall..(coming from mataura they will be related somewhere down the line :p)

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the official team (both fijian cousins starting hell yeah)

Doug Howlett, Joe Rokocoko, Malili Muliaina, Aaron Mauger, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Dan Carter, Jimmy Cowan, Rodney So’oialo, Richie McCaw (captain), Jerry Collins, Ali Williams, Chris Jack, Carl Hayman, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock,
Reserves:
Anton Oliver, Neemia Tialata, Jason Eaton, Marty Holah, Byron Kelleher, Luke McAlister, Rico Gear

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
OMFG i can't wait for this game!!..JOE AND SITIVENI..woo lol. We'll tear them apart even more now!! Pretty glad Jimmy is starting too. :grinning:. And *yay* Hayman is back..w00t w00t.

We're gunna smash the cheating scum!!

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sonnyfaifan said:
the official team (both fijian cousins starting hell yeah)

Doug Howlett, Joe Rokocoko, Malili Muliaina, Aaron Mauger, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Dan Carter, Jimmy Cowan, Rodney So’oialo, Richie McCaw (captain), Jerry Collins, Ali Williams, Chris Jack, Carl Hayman, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock,
Reserves:
Anton Oliver, Neemia Tialata, Jason Eaton, Marty Holah, Byron Kelleher, Luke McAlister, Rico Gear

LOVE IT!!!! strong team there.

but no PW.....awwwwww.

kimmy i am depressed now! :(

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not :grinning:..Jimmy gets his 1st start in the AB's..makes me more excited about the game tbh.

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
south african team

SOUTH AFRICA: 15 Jaque Fourie, 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 Wynand Olivier, 12 Jean de Villiers, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Andre Pretorius, 9 Fourie du Preez; 8 AJ Venter, 7 Pierre Spies, 6 Pedrie Wannenburg, 5 Victor Matfield, 4 Johann Muller, 3 BJ Botha, 2 John Smit (c), 1 Os du Randt. Reserves: 16 Chilliboy Ralepelle, 17 Lawrence Sephaka, 18 Albert van den Berg, 19 Jacques Cronje, 20 Ruan Pienaar, 21 Butch James, 22 Breyton Paulse.

aj venter is the king of cheap shots, his main role will be to take someone out

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ffs sff everyone's plan is to take us all out :p..they can't beat us so they gotta attack us!! lol..

*points and laugh's at percy* muwhahaha i hate him! :grinning:..ffs i hate them all..they are all dirty ****s..i don't know who i hate more..SA or AUstralia????..i think i hate SA more..as they are so ****ing dirty!!

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
GRR >:( Joe and Sitiveni wont be able to score in the corners FFS..

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fiji Parties For AB History

01/09/2006
NZPA
Three years ago Joe Rokocoko and his cousin Sitiveni Sivivatu were sat down by Rokocoko's father on the family couch in Auckland for a serious chat.

He challenged both, newly selected Super 12 rugby players at the time, to aim high and try to make the same All Blacks test team.

The problem was, they'd both burst to prominence wearing the same numbered jersey.

The closest they got, up until now, was the test against England at Twickenham last November when Rokocoko trotted past Sivivatu as his replacement late in the match.

Now, after Rokocoko's form struggles last year and Sivivatu's knee surgery and nine-month hiatus from the test team, All Blacks coach Graham Henry has seized his chance and shifted Rokocoko to the right wing, and Doug Howlett to fullback.
Early on Sunday (1am NZ time) at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium at Rustenberg, 40km from the team's base at Sun City in the North West province, the pair will become the first Fijian-born wing pairing in All Blacks history.

"It'll be huge back home. I'm sure every Fijian rugby supporter will be glued to the TV and watching the game," Rokocoko said.

Rokocoko, 23, emigrated to New Zealand with his family when he was four. Sivivatu, a year older, was lured on a scholarship in his teenage years to Jonah Lomu's old school, Wesley College, and became a star.

First things first, and Rokocoko clarifies the Fijian definition of the term "cousin".

The pair aren't blood relatives, like Rokocoko and former All Blacks wing Joeli Vidiri, but have a connection on both their mother's sides.

"It's more the word of mouth, everyone knows this certain uncle who's related to someone. It's more the link than blood. It's a connection."

With the pair in the same test team, it's meant Rokocoko's had to do the adjusting this week to playing on the right.

He's no stranger to the No 14 jersey, having worn it to score a hat-trick for New Zealand Schools against their England counterparts, and doing the same for the Junior All Blacks against Queensland last year.

It's felt "awkward" this week on the right, but that news is hardly enough to break out the bubbly in the Springboks' camp.

The hard ground, warm sun and high veldt have proved a magic combination for Rokocoko in the past, evidenced by his two-try haul in the record 52-16 All Blacks win in Pretoria in 2003.

"The boys were saying they feel real quick on dry ground. Coming here, dry tracks, similar to Australian fields, you have licence to have a go.

"Sometimes you just feel lighter than you do back home, so it's always a good sign for the guys we have in the backline at the moment."View larger image

Cousins Joe Rokocoko & Sitiveni Sivivatu will start their first test together
©Getty Images / Ross Land

Watching Rokocoko burn up the already parched turf at training at their Sun City base this week offered all the evidence needed to suggest he was loving his work.

He also reckons he's got even faster in the past year, thanks to some advice from former American sprinting star Maurice Greene and the inspiration of the best winger he's ever seen -- countryman Rupeni Caucaunibuca -- whose injury saw him move to the left wing in 2003.

Greene spoke to the All Blacks on the 2004 tour in London and Rokocoko took on board his advice of building up his legs in the gym.

"I wanted to get more strength in the legs because I saw how powerful Rupes was, one step and he was gone.

"He's the guy I've tried to focus all my skills upon. Obviously he's gifted and talented and has all the skills, it's just his instincts, it's natural for him.

"Out of all the wingers I've seen he's No 1 talent-wise. I just love watching him play and being on the same team. He told me before my first game for the Blues, when you grab the ball you just fly, think about flying."

Sadly, Caucaunibuca is, in Rokocoko's words, in "cruisy mode" now.

"He's from the village of relaxation ... Rupes is Rupes, you can't change him."

But Rokocoko isn't cruising. He's returned to near the form that saw him score 17 tries in his first 12 tests in 2003, and currently sits on 31 tries from 35 tests. Sivivatu, after his try in Pretoria, has nine for seven.

But they insist they aren't competitive. Sivivatu last week labelled Rokocoko the faster sprinter but Rokocoko laughed that off, saying they'd never raced each other properly.

"I'll say Siti's faster. We couldn't be serious with each other, we'd mostly be laughing with each other."

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The pair aren't blood relatives, like Rokocoko and former All Blacks wing Joeli Vidiri, but have a connection on both their mother's sides.
Here i was thinking they were blood related hahaha..

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm glad we lost, we've won 15 in a row..havent lost for a long time, we needed the loss. But ffs, Rodney, Rodney, Rodney..he did some stupid things this morning!!..but hey he's only human..he's allowed a dodgy game i guess.

IMO Jimmy played VERY well..was so proud and impressed!! :grinning: And Jerry, wow he was awesome!!..i feel he could of scored that try, but theres nothing wrong with him passing to King Carter..speaking of DC he had a pretty good game..

Richie rich!!..he was superb..was everywhere...is he cloned???

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
rodney will be lucky to keep his spot with lauaki and messam firing for waikato and chris masoe having a good game last weekend at 8

Status
Not open for further replies.