Offer Made (May)

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can someone do the honours & put up the article?
5C188016-4997-40E2-A129-47379A2986EA.jpeg

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's not believe the word of the DT when it comes to signings for the Bulldogs. According to them we're trying to sign 86% of the NRL.
D Riccio is pretty much on the mark most of the time….

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The article confirmed it's Gould who's put in the offer. Time now for May to play Gould off a break.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
According to the DT were were supposed to be signing Tyrone May back in June 2023.

Signing shock: Bulldogs lead race to sign NRL bad boy
Canterbury boss Phil Gould has continued his raid on current and former Penrith players with the club set to give a fallen star a shock NRL lifeline.

Of course that didn't happen.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Anyone got the article?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roosters will keep everyone and sign another couple of marquee players in 2025.

Roosters are trying to win the comp in 2024. So if they flop they won’t be cutting any quality players. They will want to go again in 25’.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Canterbury have zeroed-in on Terrell May with a multi-year contract offer that could prise the promising forward out of the Roosters.

One of the finds of last season for the Bondi club, May climbed out of the NSW Cup to finish 2023 as a major influence on the club’s stirring late season surge to the finals.

Such was his presence in the middle of the field for the Roosters, May’s season culminated with 17 NRL appearances and his international debut for Samoa against Australia.

Still just 24-years-old, May is off-contract at the end of the upcoming 2024 season.

His management has been pitching the 183cm prop-forward to clubs with an asking price of around $500,000 a season.

The Roosters are attempting to hold onto May, but face a delicate salary cap juggle with the likes of representative forwards Brandon Smith, Lindsay Collins, and Spencer Leniu and rising stars Siua Wong and Naufahu Whyte all tied-up beyond 2024.

May is an ideal target for a Bulldogs pack crying out for a hard-nosed big man.

The club are on the hunt for additional support in their front-row following the departure of Tevita Pangai Jr and Luke Thompson, while the club also opted out of signing Sio Siua Taukeiaho for medical reasons.

A Panthers under-20s and NSW Cup player, May has a relationship with Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo from their days together at Penrith.

It was only last week that May went public with his desire to sign with any club that would also sign his two brothers, Taylan (Panthers) and Tyrone (Hull KR).

“I want to be honest here, my talks are with whoever wants to sign us three brothers, that’s where I want to be,” May told The Bloke In A Bar podcast.

“Robbo (Roosters coach Trent Robinson) knows too. I haven’t hid it from him. Whichever club wants three brothers, that’s where I’ll be at.

“We are all off at the same time. That’s the preference, if a club can get all three of us, I’ll sign there in a heartbeat no matter what. I think everyone would.

“If you have two brothers you could be at the same club with, I think you’d want to be there no matter the situation.’’

The Bulldogs are constantly assessing their roster and won’t rule out discussing the acquisition of Taylan and Tyrone, but it’s understood the club’s only focus at this point in time is on signing May.

Taylan, an elusive winger, is on the comeback trail after missing the entire 2023 season with a torn ACL.

Tyrone is preparing for the 2024 season in the English Super League with Hull KR.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters are not interested in his brothers, so that makes it even better for the Dogs.
He would be a marvelous acquisition if it happens.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won't be long before Gould bows down to Terrell's demands it's too tempting for Gould to Pantherise the Bulldogs team.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whenever we're reported as favourites to sign someone they usually sign somewhere else or re-sign. I'd be happy if we signed him though. He's a talent and has some decent upside.

500k isn't cheap but it's about what players of his potential cost under the current cap. Especially with so few forwards available which drives his price up.. The Fainu brothers cost 500k each and May is much more proven than them..