Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
doubt it will last, they US have realised finally that no one likes them. With other countries gaining power such as the Chinese, they are doing the wise thing now and trying to fix up their image.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard on tv (may or may not be correct) that he would have had to be nominated within about 10 days of becoming President.

He looked very embarrassed when he made his speech after finding out.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm sorry but aren't there still tens of thousands of US troops in the middle east?

Do their guns shoot rose petals or bullets? Do their bombs release laughing gas or explosives?

I actually don't mind Obama. But he's a politican. What peace has he brought to the world? He can't even help the people in his own country get a better health system and to treat the sick in his own country. So how does he win the peace prize when there is so much unrest in the US over health and when he still has a military presence in the middle east?

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I heard on tv (may or may not be correct) that he would have had to be nominated within about 10 days of becoming President.

He looked very embarrassed when he made his speech after finding out.

Yep, the nominations closed for the Nobel peace prize on the 11th day of his presidency.

and you're right, he did look embarassed that he even got it.

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/fisk/robert-fisk-obama-man-of-peace-no-just-a-nobel-prize-of-a-mistake-1800928.html

His Middle East policy is collapsing. The Israelis have taunted him by ignoring his demand for an end to settlement-building and by continuing to build their colonies on Arab land. His special envoy is bluntly told by the Israelis that an Arab-Israel peace will take "many years". Now he wants the Palestinians to talk peace to Israel without conditions. He put pressure on the Palestinian leader to throw away the opportunity of international scrutiny of UN Judge Goldstone's damning indictment of Israeli war crimes in Gaza while his Assistant Secretary of State said that the Goldstone report was "seriously flawed". After breaking his pre-election promise to call the 1915 Armenian massacres by Ottoman Turkey a genocide, he has urged the Armenians to sign a treaty with Turkey, again "without pre-conditions". His army is still facing an insurgency in Iraq. He cannot decide how to win "his" war in Afghanistan. I shall not mention Iran.

-313-

Well, he is not George Bush... That in itself is an achievement...:p

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
People are so quick to shoot others down, but the reality is, he's on the other side of the world and doing things we have absolutely no idea about.

People rely on the media to produce all the goods on Obama, but since when do the media focus their reporting on all the good stuff people do? Hardly ever. So unless you're by his side or in his Government, you wouldn't have any idea.

Honestly, people here shouldn't comment on what he has/has not done, because realistically, they haven't got a fken clue.
Its the nobel peace prize, he has done nothing to promote peace. Hell, in his first 2 weeks he was ordering air strikes on pakistans border.

Even he knows he doesnt deserve it whch is why he is giving the prize money to charity.

You cant say people dont know what he does. He is the president of the united states for crying out loud, he cant take a dump without someone knowing about it.

He got this for being a black president, nothing more.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
still have him running america then McCain and Palin, at least he has a brain

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
It seems you've made your mind up, so I'd be wasting my time.

Adios.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It seems you've made your mind up, so I'd be wasting my time.

Adios.
mate if you want to tell someone they have no idea you better be able to back it up with something. I asked you what i am missing, and you had nothing.

Adios indeed

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A freaky coincidence: the film Deep Impact.

Black President, Tidal Wave.

Barack Obama, Samoa - Oooh I'm good :p

Status
Not open for further replies.