Number 1 target for 2019 or earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Walker from Manly should be number 1 target , can kick and can be anything and I heard a little whisper where interested

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
More inconsistent than Inu, and Manly have him locked up till end of 2019 season.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Zac Lomax and Joey Manu should be our first priorities in the backs (Lomax is actually off contract in 2019, but we should be enticing him)
Only other decent backs available for 2019 season are Mansour or Don and im not sure if i'd take them.

However there are a large amount of quality backs off contract in 2019 (heading into 2020) though;
J.Rapana, S.Feki, V.Holmes, C.Munster, D.Fusitua, G.Gela-Mosby, B.French, L.Mitchell, M.Jennings and D.Walker (as mentioned in op) i think the club should be pretty reserved heading into this season and hold old to make a play for someone here.

As for the forwards we are good as far as front rowers are concerned, i think we need to shore up our back-rowers.
Backrowers off contract this year;
N.Brown, N.Butcher, E.Lowe, T.Pangai Jr, J.Papalli. All of these boys are quality players and we would be lucky to land any one of them

Its abit left field, but i really think we should target Nathan Brown, he showed last season how much of a powerhouse he can be. I don't think he will leave Parramatta, however he is on a very modest deal over there atm for what hes providing and he will no doubt want a significant upgrade... So even if we didnt get him at least we could force Parra to pay more than they need to. With that being said though, we could land Butcher on the cheaper side and make a play for Lowe or Papalii, plenty of options for our recruitment team to think about.

Im not going to make a full team list of who i think we should have because so much is bearing on how Mbye handles the #1.
But imagine a starting forward pack of;
8. A.Woods
9. M.Lichaa
10. D.Klemmer
11. J.Jackson
12. Mariner / Elliot
13. N.Brown

As for our own backyard, these blokes are off contract this season and we should lock em up on small deals; L.Lewis, J.M.King, T.Carr, R.Martin.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Zac Lomax and Joey Manu should be our first priorities in the backs (Lomax is actually off contract in 2019, but we should be enticing him)
Only other decent backs available for 2019 season are Mansour or Don and im not sure if i'd take them.

However there are a large amount of quality backs off contract in 2019 (heading into 2020) though;
J.Rapana, S.Feki, V.Holmes, C.Munster, D.Fusitua, G.Gela-Mosby, B.French, L.Mitchell, M.Jennings and D.Walker (as mentioned in op) i think the club should be pretty reserved heading into this season and hold old to make a play for someone here.

As for the forwards we are good as far as front rowers are concerned, i think we need to shore up our back-rowers.
N.Brown, N.Butcher, E.Lowe, T.Pangai Jr, J.Papalli. All of these boys are quality players and we would be lucky to land any one of them

Its abit left field, but i really think we should target Nathan Brown, he showed last season how much of a powerhouse he can be. I don't think he will leave Parramatta, however he is on a very modest deal over there atm for what hes providing and he will no doubt want a significant upgrade... So even if we didnt get him at least we could force Parra to pay more than they need to. With that being said though, we could land Butcher on the cheaper side and make a play for Lowe or Papalii, plenty of options for our recruitment team to think about.

Im not going to make a full team list of who i think we should have because so much is bearing on how Mbye handles the #1.
8. A.Woods
9. M.Lichaa
10. D.Klemmer
11. J.Jackson
12. Mariner / Elliot
13. N.Brown

As for our own backyard, these blokes are off contract this season and we should lock em up on small deals; L.Lewis, J.M.King, T.Carr, R.Martin.
We don't need Brown, will cost decent coin and we already have Fualalo.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Manu if anyone but there's no way Roosters will let him go. If the guy fires he could easily be SBW Mk2 (and I'm not overhyping him).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We don't need Brown, will cost decent coin and we already have Fualalo.
That may be true but who wouldnt want him lets be honest. However i would liek us to get Bevan French for 2020, so would make sense to drive up Browns price where possible, thats my angle anyways.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Don’t get the Manu to sbw comparison? Nothing alike at all..

One is an out and out outside back with amazing footwork and good speed:

The other a completely different player. Think your mixing him up with someone mate.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Walker from Manly should be number 1 target , can kick and can be anything and I heard a little whisper where interested
This bloke is soft and should never wear a dogs jersey. Watch him go down injured all the time then miraculously recover. Has been the same since under 6’s.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That may be true but who wouldnt want him lets be honest. However i would liek us to get Bevan French for 2020, so would make sense to drive up Browns price where possible, thats my angle anyways.
I just don't think he's worth the investment for us at this stage, we looked stacked for middle forwards atm. I'd be going all put for some gun outside backs (not Mansour).

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Don’t get the Manu to sbw comparison? Nothing alike at all..

One is an out and out outside back with amazing footwork and good speed:

The other a completely different player. Think your mixing him up with someone mate.
Both have a monster fend and are stupidly strong.
Both have an awesome offload and are able to fend and offload with ball in one hand.
Both have decent footwork and agility.
Both can single handedly win you a game.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Both have a monster fend and are stupidly strong.
Both have an awesome offload and are able to fend and offload with ball in one hand.
Both have decent footwork and agility.
Both can single handedly win you a game.
Manus footwork is awesome not decent. One is a massive forward the other a fit centre. Wouldn’t compare manus offloading anywhere near sbw either.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

8. A.Woods
9. M.Lichaa
10. D.Klemmer
11. J.Jackson
12. Mariner / Elliot
13. N.Brown

Brown just resigned

Status
Not open for further replies.