NSW Origin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pearce and Maloney have been dominated by Slater, Cronk and Smith. Origin is going to be a disaster for NSW with these halves. Laurie Daley, you are one dumb fuck!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pearce and Maloney have been dominated by Slater, Cronk and Smith. Origin is going to be a disaster for NSW with these halves. Laurie Daley, you are one dumb fuck!
100% agree..took em to school..like Ennis did when he played his Origin rival!!!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
at least maloney tried something. well he had to coz pearce kept giving him the bloody ball. he has nothing.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% agree..took em to school..like Ennis did when he played his Origin rival!!!
I can't believe they keep picking a dud that has been owner at origin level. The frustrating thing is that we have a much better option in A. Reynolds. I gave up on NSW the day Stuart was appointed coach. Daley should never have been selected coach.

My NSW team would be:

1. Hayne
2. Merritt
3. Jennings
4. J. Morris
5. B. Morris
6. Carney
7. A. Reynolds
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Tomau
11. Gallen
12. Lewis
13. Bird

14. Mason
15. Merrin
16. Watmough
17. Grant

On form and on paper this team would have the ability to beat QLD.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IF, and this is a big IF, NSW win this year, im gonna be so excited to log onto here and look at all the posts.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Who else could coach NSW?

There are only two people I would allow for it, Hasler or Bellamy.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF, and this is a big IF, NSW win this year, im gonna be so excited to log onto here and look at all the posts.
Who else could coach NSW?

There are only two people I would allow for it, Hasler or Bellamy.
Trent Barrett. Better communicator and seems to have the respect of his peers and players. Daley is much like Stuart. Egotistical fuck that thinks he's always right. Why would u chose a small pack along with a utility (Gidley) on the bench? If u want to go with a utility u need some big boys starting and on the bench. Can someone please explain to me what Gidley's role will be?

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And when QLD win again, I'm gonna be so excited to log onto here and see your posts.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe they keep picking a dud that has been owner at origin level. The frustrating thing is that we have a much better option in A. Reynolds. I gave up on NSW the day Stuart was appointed coach. Daley should never have been selected coach.

My NSW team would be:

1. Hayne
2. Merritt
3. Jennings
4. J. Morris
5. B. Morris
6. Carney
7. A. Reynolds
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Tomau
11. Gallen
12. Lewis
13. Bird

14. Mason
15. Merrin
16. Watmough
17. Grant

On form and on paper this team would have the ability to beat QLD.
Nice team..but I do accept that Farah gets the first go because he did play well last year..BUT..I do think Ennis is better now (especially in terms of discipline) then he was when first selected (and he has never been credited with what good stuff he did in Origin-always under threat of losing his spot!) Hope he gets another crack. As for Pearce..well..how many chances does he get..he must have friends in the right places because Adam Reynolds is a much better player!

Subwoofer

Waterboy
Reaction score
I would be a fan of having Maloney at 7 and carney at 6, Pearce has had his chances and doesn't seem tough enough for origin and Maloney seems to take more control for the roosters while Pearce steps back. As for A.Reynolds his time will come but doesn't seem that complete origin player yet. Don't agree with gidley being there yes he can fill a few positions but does so very incompetently and turns out to be a waste of interchange, many of a players such as lewis, gallen and hayne can be used right across the park and play well in those positions. So therefore we should go for a player who can bring lots of energy out of dummy half eg j.Reynolds. Yes you can say gidley has been playing there for the knights much of late but every single f$&ken time he plays origin and comes off the bench he plays dummy half and does nothing and we he started playing origin is when our loosing streak started worse captain and first captain to be benched, just get rid of the pee hart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pearce is useless and showed it against the storm tonight. Gidley on the bench is a total waste. If no injuries occur he will most likely come on for Farah, which is a total waste of an interchange as the hooker should play 80. Bird can play the utility role and can easily cover the halves and centres. I'm sick and tired of losing to QLD!

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nsw team game 1

The New South Wales Rugby League has today selected the following players to represent the NSW VB Blues for Holden State of Origin Game One at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday, June 5.
Position - Player - NRL Club

Fullback - Jarryd Hayne - Parramatta Eels

Wing - Brett Morris - St George Illawarra Dragons

Centre - Michael Jennings - Sydney Roosters

Centre - Josh Morris - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Wing - Blake Ferguson - Canberra Raiders

Five-Eighth - James Maloney - Sydney Roosters

Halfback - Mitchell Pearce - Sydney Roosters

Prop - Paul Gallen (c) - Cronulla Sharks

Hooker - Robbie Farah (vc) - Wests Tigers

Prop - James Tamou - North Queensland Cowboys

Second Row - Ryan Hoffman - Melbourne Storm