NSW Origin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be biased because i'm a doggies supporter, but i really think it would had been the best time to get both A. Reynolds and J. Reynolds in the team.

Sure they will probably lose this years series, but next year they could take NSW to a victory.

Pearce and Carney have done nothing, time to get some new younger blood that will be there in 5-6 years time..

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
You have no idea!! Look at the stats !!
Mate club games are not equal to Origin. Tolman is TINY for a prop. Origin is an extremely physical game and you need big props to get big meters. Sure Tolman would make a lot of tackles, but he would get demolished hitting the ball up.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its not the lack of the Canterbury in this... its obvious with the NSW selectors and Daley that they always go for the players by which club they play for and the reputation they have.

I can think of other players that should be ahead of those selected.

As for Pearce, this guy is a big game choker. I have not seen him play a decent game for NSW. When pressure gets to him, he goes missing, his kicking game becomes very 'Daniel Holdsworth-esque'.
I agree with most here, but its still a shame that Reynolds, Tolman, Jackson and possibly Finucane didn't get a crack at the origin scene last year or even this year, they would add the grunt our forward pack has and I reckon they can match most of QLDs forwards as for Reynolds he would bring that running game (which he used pretty effectively against the QLD players last year at club level) with his game style and I think it would work well at origin level.

As to the QLD forwards, I really only rate Gillett as a threat in their forwards, sure they got Matt Scott but Tolman can add as much work/be the engine room for a full 80 aswell.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate club games are not equal to Origin. Tolman is TINY for a prop. Origin is an extremely physical game and you need big props to get big meters. Sure Tolman would make a lot of tackles, but he would get demolished hitting the ball up.
I still think Tolman has got what it takes to be a good player at origin, I don't think he will be that easy to take down by QLD and he can run decently for a prop and keeps it up for 80 mins.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree he could be good, same goes to Fensom. But size will always take priority.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
No Lockyer, no Petero, Hannant and Boyd under injury cloud, if NSW don't win this year they should only have SOO every second year, its becoming repetitive, NSW is fucked.

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You have no idea!! Look at the stats !!
His stats are wonderful mate. He is probably one of the props with the highest workrates in the country when you weigh up his hitups / metres gained and tackles.

But he does not cause damage to the opposition.

Kasiano might be buggered after 4-5 hitups, but in those hitups he bends the line, breaks tackles and creates opportunities through his passing and offloading skills. He is a threat.

Tolman is very easily contained.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The following team has been picked for Origin:

1. Hayne
2. Ferguson
3. Jennings
4. J. Morris
5. B. Morris
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Lewis
12. Hoffman
13. Bird

14. Gidley
15. Merrin
16. Watmough
17. Fafita

The selections I don't agree with are:

6. Maloney. If Pearce is selected because he is the incumbent, why isn't Carney picked? He has shown good form
7. Pearce. On form A. Reyonolds should be there.
9. Farah. Been out of form all year.
14. Gidley. Done nothing all year but seems to be an 'automatic' selection

Can't see NSW winning with this team and with Daley as coach.

Thoughts?

Cant
I agree with the assessment... You can add to that List Hayne at full back and Gallen in the front row...TBH this team looks like a regular NRL side...
Pearce & Gidley is a puzzle for me tbh... Pearce has had 5 or 6 goes at it and failed to impress in any of them, where Gidley was average in some and pretty damn awful in others.
The reason I like QLD is because they don't play favourites... and that's where NSW will lose..

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His stats are wonderful mate. He is probably one of the props with the highest workrates in the country when you weigh up his hitups / metres gained and tackles.

But he does not cause damage to the opposition.

Kasiano might be buggered after 4-5 hitups, but in those hitups he bends the line, breaks tackles and creates opportunities through his passing and offloading skills. He is a threat.

Tolman is very easily contained.
I agree tbh... Toleman is a work horse but I don't think he has the aggression and the power to play origin yet.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Before Daley said he was going to pick Pearce i would have liked they picked Reynolds , but i think having the combination with Maloney i'm not as fussed anymore. On form only qlder who's really tearing it up atm is inglis, so the talk about farah shouldn't be picked i don't agree with either his and hayne's kicking game could take the pressure off Pearce as well.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Daley would not pick anyone else but Pearce. Period. Funny how he can consistently pick him at 7 but the surrounding team can be shuffled.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
NSW will never win an origin series while Pearce is at 7.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Pearce needs some protection in defence and should save his energy for attack. I just hope we get more from our halves this year

Dw

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
apparently gidley got injured... again

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, Gidley ruled out

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Adam Reynolds is a one trick pony.

Pearce is the incumbent player and will be there for years to come. He plays for the Roosters.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Best news for NSW.

Bring in Sutton, Reynolds or Carney.
Lets see what happens ey!

Great news that our utility bench spot can actually be used by someone with skill and class

Status
Not open for further replies.