NSW Origin side announced for SOO Game 1

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I like the Wighton selection though the bench looks a little light.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We let go of JMoz and now he's an Origin player again at 33 or however old he is. It goes to show how much better players play when they go to professional football clubs.
Yep....I will never understand why the club let the Morris boys go. Especially Josh!!
Ridiculous fucking decision which illustrates how fucked up the thinking is at the club.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Glad walker is in, would prefer Townsend over Cleary, latrell,Fox,cook,cotric and jmoz happy with those selections also.

Hope NSW smash the Queensland side game 1-2 and 3 and get the series :grinning:

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure why Crichton was shown the loyalty card whilst others weren’t.
He has been underwhelming.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way Crichton should be there, and how d fuk are the roosters paying this bloke 1m a season.

Should be matterson or sims over crichton

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the Blues brain trust see Curtis Scott as the long term right center with Cotric on the wing
I imagine in a few years Xerri will be knocking on the door, also Turbo will be there.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
hes a great defender, i wouldnt have an issue with him on the wing... utility is perplexing though as i dont see him breaking a game open if we are behind
Wighton hasn't played on the wing in years. I think he's an ideal utility, has played 1-6 at first grade level, has the size to play some backrow as well. I'm not sure what other utilities are putting their hands up right now?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
They should've picked Adam Reynolds. Halves from the same team. I don't understand Cleary's selection at all.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Wighton selection is strange, deserves a crack but not sure where he comes on if there's no injuries. Love Haas, Murray and Cotric being selected
Whighton has been in great form and is a big body who could play multiple positions including somewhere in the back row, as a blues fan I don't mind this selection, as a bulldogs fan I really like this selection he would destroy us this weekend if playing.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crichton shouldn’t be there based on this years form. Hope he lifts

Ditto Cleary
Agree, this loyalty could hurt us.
Far better options available even with the injuries that have taken place.
Sims is better than Cricton and even if they are both down on form and loyalty prevails, why Cricton, not Sims?

The Wighton selection is strange, deserves a crack but not sure where he comes on if there's no injuries. Love Haas, Murray and Cotric being selected
Its an interesting selection for sure but in all honesty, aside from prop and probably hooker, there's not many spots he can't play.
Big enough to play backrow if needed and can add some spark and pace to the side.
Cleary .. FFS ...

Still good to see Jackson miss out... hope thats the kick up the arse he needs.
He was never in contention with how hes been playing. Anyone else as coach would be giving him a stint in reggies.
I would love this to be a wake up call for him, I have always loved JJ but he has disappointed massively this year.

That's what's so attractive about Murray, plan A is bring him on at lock. Plan B, he can cover 1-7 and 9.
Bit of a stretch to say he could cover the whole backline, whereas Wighton could.
Murray could come on at Lock and push Turbo to front row.
yeah maybe, i just dont see tommy turbo not getting a look in.
Turbo will be there for sure when he is fit.
Played with so much heart last year and did really well..

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its an interesting selection for sure but in all honesty, aside from prop and probably hooker, there's not many spots he can't play.
Big enough to play backrow if needed and can add some spark and pace to the side.

Bit of a stretch to say he could cover the whole backline, whereas Wighton could.
Murray could come on at Lock and push Turbo to front row.
But this is my point, if in the best case scenario there's no injury, what position does Wighton come on at? Lock to play that roaming role? Thus cutting down on Klemmer, Vaughan, Haas, Trbojevic or Murray's minutes and they all play big, effective minutes. It might work, I'm open to it.

Murray covers multiple positions by simply being able to cover 9, 6, 3 and 4. Shift the backline accordingly. The difference is, he has the benefit of having a primary role.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t Morris retire from rep footy?
I thought so too. Must have only been Brett, but josh should retire, he's a good defensive centre that's all. He can't even pass the ball or top it to his winger without it going forward 95% of the time

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
More I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Murray will start with Klemmer and hopefully Trbojevic.

This gives a nicely balanced starting pack, good go forward off the bench with Haas and Vaughan and Wighton a primary role to come on at Lock

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way Crichton should be there, and how d fuk are the roosters paying this bloke 1m a season.

Should be matterson or sims over crichton
Agree he isn’t playing well but trust me he is nowhere near on 1M a season.