NSW Cup Wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reece Blayney gets the Player's Player points...

Bulldogs NSW Cup Report v Newtown Jets

The Bulldogs NSW Cup team had an exciting 19 all draw with the Newtown Jets (Roosters feeder) in front of a large crowd, which included a number of Bulldogs first grade players, last Saturday afternoon at the Crest Complex, Bass Hill,

Bulldogs Coach Terry Lamb was again frustrated with his team ball control, which proved costly when the game was in the balance.

“Despite being down by 12 points to four at halftime, then going further behind by 18 to 4 early in the second half, we showed some true grit to get ahead by 19 points to 18, “Coach Lamb quoted.

“Then we let ourselves down with silly mistakes and lack of concentration, like retrieving the ball from the kick off, to end up with a slightly disappointing draw”.

Reece Blayney was voted Players Player with a strong all round game, especially with his direction around the park. It has been a great effort by Reece since coming back from a lengthy lay off with a broken wrist, having been prominent in voting in both games since his return.

Bulldogs Point scorers – C Vaefaga, C Leaeno, R Millard, J Williams try, J Williams 1 Goal and Field Goal

The Bulldogs NSW Cup has another bye this weekend.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great comeback by the boys nonetheless.

How many F'ing byes can the NSW Cup team possibly have?

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope the NRL looks into the scheduling of these games.
As much as i have enjoyed the U20s comp it's not the same as watching the fringe first-graders run around before the game.

Smiley

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree mash - it has killed it for me and is one of the reasons clubs are stuggling to field a full side with nrl experience this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.