Nrlol first ever NFL block play

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
This link "eventually " shows the block play in slow motion.

Not a block play, the decoy is on the outside. Block plays are when the runner behind has a decoy running inside and 'blocking' the inside defenders.

Still obstruction though.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would like to take this opportunity to talk some sense into people who gamble on the NRLol.

How many more scripted games do you have to see before you realise you are throwing your money away?
I’m not a conspiracy theorist, far from it, but I’d be lying if I said that disgraceful Johnson try didn’t get me thinking.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
GUS HAS DEFENDED THE DECISION ON TWITTER.... TRAITOR
Damn, nothing can be done about it.
Dogs need to lick their wounds, analyse areas and ways they could've won to be stronger for the future games. Heads up and work hard

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
There have been a lot of cases where there has been an obstruction and the player taken out is nowhere near the player or a chance at getting near the ball.
Mahoney would have made contact with Johnson without a shred of a doubt.

I still think Johnson would have scored but this a total robbery based on previous decisions and the examples are endless.

Refereeing destroyed this game today for both sides.
There needs to be an investigation. There's no doubt Reed was moving towards Johnson. He had a direct play at the ball. He could of knocked it out, there's no doubt of that. Yet he was denied by Fonua Blakes NFL block play.
This was the most atrocious refereeing decision for the last 5 years. There's little doubt about that.
S42 (1) (a) (iii) clearly states... An offensive player shall not block or run into a defending player which in any way shepherds a pass or ball runner being able to be tackled by the defending player.
Time and time again we are told the rule is black and white. A dummy runner who runs the inside shoulder preventing the defender to make a play for the ballrunner, or even to slide to cover a prospective ballrunner shall not be disadvantaged and prevented from halting the progress of the ballrunner.
I trust the Head of Football at the NRL can provide an adequate explanation tomorrow of what distracted the bunker from making the correct call today. This is a very basic rule that the bunker fucked up today.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There needs to be an investigation. There's no doubt Reed was moving towards Johnson. He had a direct play at the ball. He could of knocked it out, there's no doubt of that. Yet he was denied by Fonua Blakes NFL block play.
This was the most atrocious refereeing decision for the last 5 years. There's little doubt about that.
S42 (1) (a) (iii) clearly states... An offensive player shall not block or run into a defending player which in any way shepherds a pass or ball runner being able to be tackled by the defending player.
Time and time again we are told the rule is black and white. A dummy runner who runs the inside shoulder preventing the defender to make a play for the ballrunner, or even to slide to cover a prospective ballrunner shall not be disadvantaged and prevented from halting the progress of the ballrunner.
I trust the Head of Football at the NRL can provide an adequate explanation tomorrow of what distracted the bunker from making the correct call today. This is a very basic rule that the bunker fucked up today.
Gus, CC have given it the green light ok so there'll be very little more said about it.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The fact it wasn't reviewed with the existing facilities to do so live, is an outrage. I'll take the loss but let's see what the NRL does. Referees should be respected but that doesn't mean they're a protected species.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Disgusting call but ultimately we had opportunities to win but we just made too many poor decisions and were bunched far too often in attack.

Only have ourselves to blame

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus, CC have given it the green light ok so there'll be very little more said about it.
Good to see so many people so emotionally invested for me this means that we were believing they would win. Really they played ok but could have won despite the obvious flaws in this side..Ciraldo on track running some guys into fitness, creating some depth, and wondering what he looks like with a pack, a half half and fullback

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will just give the generic apology, and nothing will happen.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Besides being a blatant no try. Looking at those pics how shit was RFM’s defence???

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The media outrage is centred on the Kikau "strip" lol.

He was looking to offload, ball is fair game, can't believe how they carried on about that without ever mentioning the obvious loose carry.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
news. Com.au is a joke. They wrote an article about the “controversy“ of the Warrior no try, and also wrote one about the controversy of the “obstruction “. They just put anything they think is controversial out.

Annesley has apparently come out and said “he can’t just disappear“ lol. Like seriously dickhead, that’s your justification?! My response to that is, Reed can’t just pass through him like a frickin ghost to attempt to stop the try scorer!

This whole thIng is aggravating. Not the decision so much, but the comments around it. I cannot believe people are so stupid and don’t know the rules. E.g: I saw someone state that the penalty against Johnson was the same as the Pompey no try, yet the result went our way in both instances. Hurrdurr, they’re missing one little key piece of information WHICH IS KIKAU WAS ATTEMPTING TO PLAY THE BALL WHEN JOHNSON PULLED HIS HAND AWAY, and what Kikau did wasn’t illegal.