News NRL under pressure from clubs to censor Phil Gould

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If the NRL reckon they can silence Gus, then FKN LOL to them.

Does anyone remember the tirade that Gus let David Gallop have when SBW caught the midnight express to France? If the fallout from that didn't stop him, then nothing will.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, problem is it just keeps happening, and I guess all our patients are running out. As a club we get every single bad call. Bad press, shit luck , and I’m over it aye!!
Just to add a bit of a laugh to us battling Doggies fans lives ..

Image1681714075.997014.jpg

[emoji23][emoji23]

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you needed to consider this matter a little further in depth before mouthing off .
Nah I'm fine thanks. Will say what I want and you have ZERO control over what I will say. Hope this is upsetting for you. Sounds like you are super glued to the end of Goulds cock like many.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I imagine the Roosters are the only club that has made this complaint. Potentially Souths as well with Gus' comments regarding Demetriou. Either way, if the clubs don't want to put their names to it then who cares. The NRL don't care about it, so why should anyone else?

Poor Trent Robinson threw his toys out the cot when Gus responded to his sly comments. I think he needs to focus more on coaching lol looks like his team needs it.
Agree
If the Roosters don’t make the 8 or go out of the finals early so the whispers about Robinson start? We sadly sell newspapers or get hits on social media and the rest of the internet. Look at the coverage for the fact we have troops injured. Sadly we have to get used to the media bashing us for anything. We keep journos in business. I’ll be interested what Rothfield says on 360 tonight. I’m sure he will have a heap of ‘anti Gus’ material to dribble about.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate there is not exactly a plethora of gun halfbacks available but himself and Ciro were able to convince an immensely talented young kid to join the squad and barring injury he will play FG this year. When you have huge roster imbalances and long contracts to players who don’t fit your strategy moving forward it takes a few years to fix it not 1 off season. He and Ciro will get some wrong but so far he’s got a lot more right since he has been here.
Gus could have signed Cleary and Tedesco in the off season and some on here would still find something to whine about, it amazes me how short people’s memories are, this team and club has improved out of sight in a very short period of time. The fact that we are playing the football we are with the injuries we are carrying is a fucking miracle.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should we all start boycotting Kayo and FOX? I dont think i can listen to Johns commentate though...
Few bad ones Johns being one of them but i like Slater and Cameron Smith both know the game well.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are the other clubs upset that we’re getting the rub of the green?
Penalties conceded this season so far;
65819E39-C759-4633-9258-4680CD5BF654.png

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon it's more likely the NRL are cut at Gus' comments than the clubs. If they shut him up then they better do the same to every other commentator who ever criticises a referee for anything. They would probably love to bring in a rule that club employees can't commentate but what censorship that would be. Ennis and others would need to give up one of their jobs also. Probably laws against that. Gus loves sticking it to the NRL more than anyone and they would hate it. Gus doesn't have much affect on other clubs. All clubs should be happy there's a voice to complain about some of the NRL stupid rules

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol at that list.. dead set goes from the darlings of the NRL to the furthest to the most hated.

Can't wait until we are better than their corrupt bullshit!
I like how there’s one or two separating each of the teams, until you get to us and it jumps 6.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The man just says it how it is, not many left like him on tv. He doesn't even talk about the dogs and hes been part of channel 9 for decades fuck off leave him alone

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I could care less just more bluster but wtf are the polarising comments??
Suali'i should pissoff asap of course he doesn't have to but plenty including plenty of Rooster supporters agree pissoff mate..ohh and also you ain't much good nummy f.y.i.

Total bunch of sooks and that's again without really knowing of "all" the controversial comments.
Assume the following :

download.jpeg.jpg