NRL transfer news: Bulldogs close in on Panthers prop, Titans snare Warriors flyer

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need some mongrel and I’m ok with this signing. As long as he and napa aren’t on the field at the same time cause both are similar players. I wish we could get rid of napa now

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I used to love watching games back when our forwards could intimidate their opponents. And Hetherington will do just that. Half the battle in the forwards is a mental one. Hopefully we get him to do it with less suspensions. I'm not overawed by his signing. But with luck we'll see him get smarter with things while still being aggressive. Hopefully it brings out a bit of mongrel in Napa too. The only reason I was happy we signed Napa was because we lacked some mongrel in the forward pack.

Like with all our signings, I'll judge on his performance and not his reputation.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Matt Lees is on the cards awaiting a release from St Helens
Matty came of age in 2018 and his form saw him rewarded with an England Knights debut.
He played his amateur rugby at Rochdale Mayfield and joined up with the club at the age of 16.

His first team debut followed at Wakefield in 2017, but he broke into the first team squad a year later playing 19 times for Justin Holbrook’s side.

He is a strong running powerful forward who has the world at his feet.

Matty went from strength to strength in 2019, playing long and impressive minutes in the forward pack. He was named Super League’s Young Player of the Year and also took away the same award at the Saints Awards Dinner.

Unfortunately his season was cut short and he missed out on the Wembley Challenge Cup Final and Super League Grand Final after he perforated a bowel against Leeds Rhinos. Wayne Bennett had confirmed he would have been called up for Great Britain had he not picked up the injury.

Lees is working hard to be fit for the 2020 season.

AGE 22
WEIGHT 97.6
HEIGHT 188

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJI9sPHXoAACJKI.jpg:large

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I'm hearing Hetherington being offered 350 with some game bonus of 50k to make it 400 and he wants a flat 400.
My insider isn't quite clear on whether it's a flat out min game bonus like Foran, or if it is suspension related.
Just get it done FFS. Both sides know your place. No need to drag this on. This isn't a Lebron james deal.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Baz is singing a the fucking rejects he has previously worked with. Waddell, Green and now this fucking c***. Fuck off
Green was before Baz but yeah its not looking good i get ya. Lets give it till after the finals are done, i havent heard anything good but..

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL transfer news: Bulldogs close in on Panthers prop, Titans snare Warriors flyer. The battling Bulldogs need people at the club who aren't afraid to take a backward step. In emerging Penrith forward Jack Hetherington, they have their man.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I'm hearing Hetherington being offered 350 with some game bonus of 50k to make it 400 and he wants a flat 400.
My insider isn't quite clear on whether it's a flat out min game bonus like Foran, or if it is suspension related.
Just get it done FFS. Both sides know your place. No need to drag this on. This isn't a Lebron james deal.
He's worth 200-300k. If we're going to overpay (news flash, we have to), a smart person would suggest doing it on good quality players, not multiple squad players...

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok. There's one thing Thompson saying he wants him and there's another thing the club actually trying to. Doubt it'd happen?

Looked a bit into him and does have big wraps on him. That's for sure
So what planet are you on you don't know shit. I've or my family have been involved with in official capacity 10 fan since I was born no choice.

So if you don't like info stop bagging the club and fuck off. Dickheads like you and Nasheed are why people with the right info no longer post.

There is actually a quite a few players and mangers on this forum but sadly no longer post for this reason where dickhead like you disagree with no fountain.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not convinced he's the right type of forward for us. We need that big body, line bending middle forward.
Hopefully this is more of a depth signing.
Yeah he doesn’t look too big does he