NRL Round 24 | Non Bulldogs Team Lists & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Graham did the same thing to Kane Evans 2 weeks ago, they both lead with the head with intention to take players out of the game.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Roosters dont win grand final this year they'll have to spend another $400 million to assemble a superside.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NRL is a total joke so what else can we expect
It will really peeve a lot of people if he was sent to the bin solely to circumvent a longer suspension. How will they look at it and what sort of argument can the Roosters use in his defence. I guess along the lines of the officials did not warrant it a send off as it was not serious enough instead sin binned him?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will really peeve a lot of people if he was sent to the bin solely to circumvent a longer suspension. How will they look at it and what sort of argument can the Roosters use in his defence. I guess along the lines of the officials did not warrant it a send off as it was not serious enough instead sin binned him?
He should be rubbed out for the rest of the season, the bloke is a grub.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
F%$#@$% shit watching games with no crowds....
But, but ,you ask Todd .....the game has never been stronger. This game should have attracted a bigger crowd due to its profile but as per usual two men and a dog turn up. Good grief, Roosters have a big chance to be minor premiers and that is the best their fans can do. Brisbane have an excuse for lack of fans being there...

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am sorry but that sort of tackle has become the trademark of Napa and it is definitely not in the spirit of the game.

I hear the commentators saying it is not illegal but by gosh it should be made illegal before it does irreparable damage to a player. This is as we know not the first time that he has done it and to me it smacks of only trying to show just how tough he is and just how much he can hurt an opposition player. I watched him standing there whilst the player was being tended to and he really had time to think about what he had done but only just like a child who has been caught doing something they should not and trying to come up with a plausible excuse as to why they did it and the piss poor argument of his captain which was solely to take the heat off Napa.

Concussion only for the player no serious damage as in a fracture to the cheek bone or jaw but as I said only a matter of time until one does big damage and by then it will be too late to stamp it out. We complain bitterly about the wrestling tactics and wanting to stamp them out how about some pro active action by the NRL giving Mr Napa time to contemplate just why he should not go down that road again.

He has after all been warned not to do it and has not heeded that warning.
I enjoy seeing the big hits but that was sickening. I think you hit the nail on the head, I too think Napa wants to show the world he's a hard **** . I dont understand these commentators, how was it an accident. An inevitable accident that will happen when you aim your shoulder in the vicinity of your opponents head.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fox Sports saying Napa should be suspended. Apparently did similar thing earlier in the season and escaped suspension, and Greenberg came out after the fact saying Match Review Commitee should have charged him.

I bet he gets charged and gets suspended for the game against Eels next week. !!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Steve Matai was a big hitter, his technique was flawless. Grubpa has zero technique other than leading with the head.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I enjoy seeing the big hits but that was sickening. I think you hit the nail on the head, I too think Napa wants to show the world he's a hard **** . I dont understand these commentators, how was it an accident. An inevitable accident that will happen when you aim your shoulder in the vicinity of your opponents head.
An accident once yes but it seems too coincidental that the hits on both Simms and McCullough were pretty much identical. Fox even showed the both of them again and even the Fox boys thought that there is an issue. The last time he BROKE the players jaw, was sent for ten and NOT suspended.......no case to answer. Like that old saying :Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me....

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
nothing malicious in the tackle, it's just his technique is rubbish and should be suspended. looks like he should be having his head on the other side

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fox Sports saying Napa should be suspended. Apparently did similar thing earlier in the season and escaped suspension, and Greenberg came out after the fact saying Match Review Commitee should have charged him.

I bet he gets charged and gets suspended for the game against Eels next week. !!
Heard that and that being the case he should be taught a good lesson with more like a three to four week ban

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/e44d175c60f1ba4df119cae1835a1f26

My first thought was that the referees on the field did a good job. I thought it was a good sin bin,” Greenberg told NRL 360.

“Ultimately, then it goes to an independent process which is our match review committee.

“My personal view is player safety always comes first, and if you’re going to err on the side of caution, I thought it warranted a charge.”

Bennett was spewing about the incident last time so I am waiting for a spray in relation to this one.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The crowd is embarrassing for both for the chooks and the nrl. I would have been ok if Napa went on report and that was it. It would have been a mistake, but what's one more fuck-up for the NRL. But if it's off to the sin bin, surely it's a send off. It just wasn't needed at all. A bog standard tackle was all that was required in that play but he goes and does that. Shame there's no atmosphere for this game. It's been a pretty good one.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am so over fucking Napa leading with his fucking head.

He will get away with it again.
I agree with you. The guy is a serial grub and needs to learn a lesson. Let's see what sort of balls the NRL has in relation to this....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
nothing malicious in the tackle, it's just his technique is rubbish and should be suspended. looks like he should be having his head on the other side
He is rubbish; not only does this type of tackle TWICE in the one season and ironically against the same side but has been done for shoulder charges, careless high tackles going back four years. Surely his technique should have been refined by now.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I am so over fucking Napa leading with his fucking head.

He will get away with it again.
Acidental contact imo, far better than hair pulling imo ;)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just lol. Broncos run an obstruction yet Latrell gets sin binned hahaha

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
He is rubbish; not only does this type of tackle TWICE in the one season and ironically against the same side but has been done for shoulder charges, careless high tackles going back four years. Surely his technique should have been refined by now.
and he's been sin binned twice for it, not like he hasn't been punished. leading with the head is not an issue, because you have to in driving tackles. He just needs to learn to get his head on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.