Opinion NRL refs are tripping...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Old elbows Nelson deserved a good whack and taste of his own medicine. Luai delivered and disguised it really well.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When a touchie can't see a pass thrown at least two meters forward while directly inline with it(Canberra) we are no chance of seeing any quality reffing in the NRL, I watch better reffed bush footy games every weekend from match officials that aren't even getting paid.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When a touchie can't see a pass thrown at least two meters forward while directly inline with it(Canberra) we are no chance of seeing any quality reffing in the NRL, I watch better reffed bush footy games every weekend from match officials that aren't even getting paid.
Canberras game had so many forward passes I thought they where playing NFL.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The refereeing is that bad these days, it seems there might be more than a few Ryan Tandy's in the refereeing ranks.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't know about the bush games but the JRL ref's are fkn putrid and looks like they are not corrected all the way to the nrLOL.

It's like they just make any moron a ref just to fill numbers.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't know about the bush games but the JRL ref's are fkn putrid and looks like they are not corrected all the way to the nrLOL.

It's like they just make any moron a ref just to fill numbers.
The quality of junior reffing has always been pretty average as most of the refs are learners and the juniors aren’t playing for sheep stations or at least they shouldn’t be.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So this is the charge sheet as of yesterday.
View attachment 78409
So going through this who actually attempted a tackle. Brown and Fotuaika - Luai just went in with a pure shoulder charge to the face of Nelson while being held.
Who got hurt - only CNF from the Fotu tackle.
Then I look at the Burgess shot last night - based on Fotu and Brown should have been sent off but wasn't.

If I include the Burgess tackle - Luai was by far the scummiest shot of the lot. He got away with it coz he's a lightweight and Nelson isn't. Yet, of the four, the only guy not to spend time on the sideline.

Honestly, I cannot work this shit out anymore.
Its because they are as consistant as a $20 rolex

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There was a moment in a dream I had last night where I pulled up to a set of traffic lights with 3 other cars. We all left the lights just before they went green. I looked in my rear vision mirror and Gerald Sutton walked out in the middle of the road behind us with a pad of some sort writing me out a ticket for running a red light. WTF @Doogie, did you sneak into my house and leave hash cookies in my biscuit jar?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone talks about alpha props, etc. Are there any alpha refs??

I always thought Tony Archer was a good ref and apparently he was a former police officer.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
There was a moment in a dream I had last night where I pulled up to a set of traffic lights with 3 other cars. We all left the lights just before they went green. I looked in my rear vision mirror and Gerald Sutton walked out in the middle of the road behind us with a pad of some sort writing me out a ticket for running a red light. WTF @Doogie, did you sneak into my house and leave hash cookies in my biscuit jar?
Nah bro. I stole your hash cookies.

You had some good stuff.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone talks about alpha props, etc. Are there any alpha refs??

I always thought Tony Archer was a good ref and apparently he was a former police officer.
Hated the prick!

Robbed us of the 2009 match against st merge cause of an “obstruction” on the cat soward

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sign this and let's make change

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Sign this and let's make change

Lol - did one of these for getting rid of Flanno a few years ago and got hammered by TK rank and file. For bringing the website into disrepute. Got 150 sigs too :tearsofjoy:

Good luck bro.