News NRL proposes top-10 finals series in 'wildcard weekend' revamp

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL really are run by a bunch of morons.

I wonder if they even realise the % drop in crowds is because people have had enough of the bullshit favouritism, inconsistent reffing and constant rule changes?

Most people I know use to watch (or go) to finals series even if the dogs weren’t in it, now we don’t give a shit or bother if our teams not there.

I hope they bring this in so I can officially bin the sport forever

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Watching the NRL 360 replay and that fucker Rothfiled says the NRL are doing this to reduce dead rubber games as they had a shitload in 2018... we'll guess what that comes down to ? Shitty draw and not policing the poor salary cap and 3rd party system... fixing that issue will reduce dead rubbers.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if they even realise the % drop in crowds is because people have had enough of the bullshit favouritism, inconsistent reffing and constant rule changes?
And that dumb fuck Greenburg even has the stupidity to say consistency is over-rated during the NRL press conference last Thursday.

Reactions: K E

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What if the bottom 8 play their own final series comp. That way, everyone is in with a chance for some respect from their fan base.
Can be run parallel to the top 8 as curtain raisers.
Gee you could never get a job at the NRL because what you are saying here actually makes sense.

The NRL will argue that the competition has never been more even due to their (cough, cough) equalization of talent and that a top ten finals series will be just what the fans want. Yep, like last year where teams 9 and 10 were six and ten points respectively behind the top 8 with one of them being nearly 100 points in the negative on for and against

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
This only means that the season gets bloated out by a showcase week of unworthy inconsistent team duking out for the rights to make up the fodder in the finals.

Come on, anyone who thinks the Tigers should have made the finals based on last year's mid season fade out got rocks in their head.

Probably a bald one.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching the NRL 360 replay and that fucker Rothfiled says the NRL are doing this to reduce dead rubber games as they had a shitload in 2018... we'll guess what that comes down to ? Shitty draw and not policing the poor salary cap and 3rd party system... fixing that issue will reduce dead rubbers.
They changed the game in its prime during the 90s, which wasn't broken, to make it idiot proof, only to create more idiots along the way.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This only means that the season gets bloated out by a showcase week of unworthy inconsistent team duking out for the rights to make up the fodder in the finals.

Come on, anyone who thinks the Tigers should have made the finals based on last year's mid season fade out got rocks in their head.

Probably a bald one.
Well they did deserve to make the finals as sharks cheated the cap

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have always thought the NFL have the perfect setup. The wildcard playoffs are big over there (as well as every other game but still) and creates more excitement. Also the draft works so well.
Maybe that’s where our game is heading? I don’t know what the future holds but I do see NFL being very successful so could be a good thing what the NRL have done??
(I can see some vicious responses to this, please use lube :sweat:)

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sack greenturd. Sack him now....... no more games. Stop the cheats. 6 team finals series. Minor premiers get half a mill. Premiers a bit more whatever. Its all the weaker clubs with shsit or should i say small fan bases,and apparently no money, that are cheating the cap. Fuck em then, pull the cap for 5 years and let the weak fade out. Stupid fucking ideas of letting a 10th place team possibly win the cup. Stupid fucking idiots someone tap this idiot on the head for the good of good oxygen. Turtle head looking mother fucker

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Oh for fucks sake NRL...

LEAVE
THE
GAME
ALONE!!!!

This is just changes for changes sake to try and justify their jobs.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I actually like the concept if the finals are to stay at 8 teams. Makes sense which is so hard for me to say considering what a joke I believe the NRL is.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
If you 1st don't succeed than lower your standards. The New NRL. Where the best or the worst have a fighting chance in September.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol, why dont they go all the why and make it the top 16 get through and they all get trophies

th.jpeg

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A team that's lost more games than they've won in a season should not have a shot at making the finals.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL really are run by a bunch of morons.

Most people I know use to watch (or go) to finals series even if the dogs weren’t in it, now we don’t give a shit or bother if our teams not there.

I hope they bring this in so I can officially bin the sport forever
We get corporate box tickets for every NRL game at ANZ stadium from work and I promise you I still don't go. I went to one game last year and that was it.

I absolutely hate what this game has become.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
2030 "We're having a top 16"

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What if the bottom 8 play their own final series comp. That way, everyone is in with a chance for some respect from their fan base.
Can be run parallel to the top 8 as curtain raisers.
Now this I agree with. As it is, we have a 50/50 chance of making the finals. What more can a team ask for??
If they want more games, more money, then as you say let's have a play off between the bottom 8. At least the competition between these bottom 8 teams will be closer.