News NRL News: The Kennel Cleanout

Malla

Reaction score
KENNEL CLEANOUT
NO DEAL DOGS
Matt Doorey, Brandon Wakeham, Jackson Topine, Tuipulotu Katoa, Reece Hoffman, Joe Stimson
INS
Viliame Kikau, Reed Mahoney, Ryan Sutton
OUTS
Brent Naden, Matt Dufty, Paul Vaughan, Jack Hetherington, Jeremy Marshall-King
OFF CONTRACT NOV 1
Paul Alamoti
, Jake Averillo, Josh Jackson, Corey Allan, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Braidon Burns, Kyle Flanagan, Jayden Okunbor, Chris Patolo, Ava Seumanufagai, Luke Thompson, Corey Waddell
The bolded are who stays I think.

Waddell as well, potentially. Fucking annoying flog at times but we have clearly missed his work on the edge. Topine, Hoffman and Doorey probably get re-upped on a minimum wage deal too.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shame BBO hasn’t been given a run at half in first grade last couple of weeks to see if he is the real deal. Know he is youngish but has been in the system for a few years now with us and the eels. He may struggle to make the cut if he is seen as offering less than the flange.
Not sure too many other clubs will be lining up to sign him currently, but after a few good games in first grade maybe they will.. the plan might be to hide him there for now.. then see how the other young halves at the club develop then make the tough decision next year.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit of Spray and Wipe on that article should make everything a bit cleaner. Gus knows what he’s doing

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If we keep all the BOLDED it's too many.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can’t see Topine being kept. I like the kids passion and energy but he’s too small to be a forward and too slow to be a back. Some people talk about cam Murray and Sam Verrills being small forwards but they have great ball playing skills. Topine doesn’t.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NO DEAL DOGS
Matt Doorey
, Brandon Wakeham, Jackson Topine, Tuipulotu Katoa, Reece Hoffman, Joe Stimson
INS
OUTS
OFF CONTRACT NOV 1
Paul Alamoti, Jake Averillo, Josh Jackson, Corey Allan, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Braidon Burns, Kyle Flanagan, Jayden Okunbor, Chris Patolo, Ava Seumanufagai, Luke Thompson, Corey Waddell

So the ones in red I would keep for 1 season minimum wage & see how some good coaching can help them. Doorey had a year out with an ACL so I don't think it's too much to give him 1 more. Topine CAN develop with good coaching but again just 1 more. I think Alamoti is a certainty. There would be plenty including the Roosters who would take him.

The ones in green already have another year contracted so I want to see something really good from them in 2023. Both Averillo & BBO have been starved of real development over the last 3 seasons. BBO has finally been given some time in NSW cup at HB, which is what he needed. Seumanufagai is a big body & we need big bodies, but he needs to play more minutes & do more work.

Of the others, Wakeham, Katoa (I hope he is back to full health now) & Stimson off contract for 2023 have had plenty of time - time to go. I haven't seen much of Hoffman but he had only 1 year & being changed from a centre to forward.

For 2023 - thanks for your service Josh, but I think it's time for you. Allan, Burns, Flanagan, Okunbor, Thompson & Waddell have had plenty of time & I would suggest they start looking now & may get an early release. As for Patolo, I think he should give it away because he has had too many head knocks. He didn't offer too much anyway, but I think quality of life is what's best for him from here. I also worry about Thompson's head as well.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought they were talking about this forum

Surely Flanagun first to go :grinning:
I was at least hoping for a train & trial contract, but fortunately it's the team not the forum.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO DEAL DOGS
Matt Doorey
, Brandon Wakeham, Jackson Topine, Tuipulotu Katoa, Reece Hoffman, Joe Stimson
INS
OUTS
OFF CONTRACT NOV 1
Paul Alamoti, Jake Averillo, Josh Jackson, Corey Allan, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Braidon Burns, Kyle Flanagan, Jayden Okunbor, Chris Patolo, Ava Seumanufagai, Luke Thompson, Corey Waddell

So the ones in red I would keep for 1 season minimum wage & see how some good coaching can help them. Doorey had a year out with an ACL so I don't think it's too much to give him 1 more. Topine CAN develop with good coaching but again just 1 more. I think Alamoti is a certainty. There would be plenty including the Roosters who would take him.

The ones in green already have another year contracted so I want to see something really good from them in 2023. Both Averillo & BBO have been starved of real development over the last 3 seasons. BBO has finally been given some time in NSW cup at HB, which is what he needed. Seumanufagai is a big body & we need big bodies, but he needs to play more minutes & do more work.

Of the others, Wakeham, Katoa (I hope he is back to full health now) & Stimson off contract for 2023 have had plenty of time - time to go. I haven't seen much of Hoffman but he had only 1 year & being changed from a centre to forward.

For 2023 - thanks for your service Josh, but I think it's time for you. Allan, Burns, Flanagan, Okunbor, Thompson & Waddell have had plenty of time & I would suggest they start looking now & may get an early release. As for Patolo, I think he should give it away because he has had too many head knocks. He didn't offer too much anyway, but I think quality of life is what's best for him from here. I also worry about Thompson's head as well.
Agree, with everything except Matt Doorey, Jake Averillo and Ava Seumanufagai.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree, with everything except Matt Doorey, Jake Averillo and Ava Seumanufagai.
Doorey had a year off with an ACL & Showed a little when he first came on. Averillo needs an offseason training at fullback with Potter, not Turner to see how he goes ( he went well for a few weeks remember?) & unless we get some more big bodies, we have to keep Seumanufagai out of necessity.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of them are reserve graders at best

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Couldn't care less if they fck them all off. Just like a colour change on the walls.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The love for Doorey is bizarre. He’s trash and is extremely soft. I don’t like it when players milk for penalties and he is up there for one of the worst milkers in the comp. Get him out of here!