News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather pay critta, our future captain and an absolute beast of a player 925k than home sick boy AFB.

Plus there is no chance he survives the length of the contract healthy at the sharks. He'll be an expensive mistake for them and fortunately it's not us
Next year he will used as battery ram
If Shark signed AFB for 1m we'd have to offer a significant amount more for him to consider us anyways. That's around the 1.2m mark which I'd have no issues with but can see why others have an issue with it.
Sharks are 1.1 million a year

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Helps having a easy draw, can’t seem any team winning it soon other than the Panthers or broncos.
Sharks have a lot invested in the front row

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From my understanding if he were to move in 24 the warriors would want someone in return. Due to the fact he's leaving in 25 I'm not sure if they still want a player to head the other way
Given there is no player swap, at least one prop at the Sharks is looking at a lot less NRL game time in 2025. No doubt the club is keeping an eye on things...

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Sharks doing it really well
We played our hand for them too. It was very kind of us to take the journeyman connor Tracey off there hands a few weeks ago to give them an extra 350-400k cap space to throw at AFB for 2025. How do we end up getting CUCKED In these situations so frequently??

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We played our hand for them too. It was very kind of us to take the journeyman connor Tracey off there hands a few weeks ago to give them an extra 350-400k cap space to throw at AFB for 2025. How do we end up getting CUCKED In these situations so frequently??
Who cares?! they’ll get eliminated in straight sets when it comes to finals time. Move on….

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He wasn’t contracted for 25…

We got Tracey to pick us over dragons now. He’s a quality pick him.

Failagain missed another!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given our pack, any half decent forward will bring big changes to our team.

I liked afb but tbh, didn’t realise he was approaching 30 and outside of this year, I can’t remember him being top tier. I could be wrong

Hopefully we snag klemmer, or someone along the lines of Royce hunt

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is dreaming bitching about how we didn’t sign AFB but yet he said we signed lulu months ago.
yep he maintains we sighned Luai months ago.....HE IS FULL OF SHIT. he just likes to show case. Even when there is proof he is lieing he won't man up.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if Penrith now have a cheeky stab at bringing home Burton now they have Luai money available. Contracts mean nothing so I’ll be interested to watch if this ever happens.
I don't remember the thread from months ago, but did you ever read my Crystal Ball predictions, I said then it was showing a swap between Burton & Luai...Like you I just wonder :laughing:

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He wasn't signed at sharks for 2025. Another one of your convenient lies

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He is referencing that we didn’t take Tracey off sharks books for 2025…. He wasn’t contracted beyond 24:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We absolutely need a dominant front rower middle and I am gutted we didn't get him. But Gus pulled out of the race very early on without making an offer. This suggests the swap deal with warriors was not acceptable and I would suggest the same issue with saints. They either didn't have a player the warriors wanted or wouldn't let a player go, same as us with Kik and Presto.
Comes a time when the line has to be drawn in the sand...
We don't have to sign any player on bad terms, fair reasonable contracts are the essence of a long term success !
If AFB or any player wants to sign for the wrong reasons... Better off without !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.