Opinion NRL Live Pass

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
For 12 months yes, then reverts to standard price unless they offer another deal next year.
Check your Kayo account mate. They are about to roll me on to a $15 basic instead of $25.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Bump. Seems like Kayo are rolling me on to the new $15 a month deal. If you had the $5 deal check your Kayo account to see. My next payment is due 2/2/22 and it says I will be charged only $15 a month.

Happy I won't be paying $25 for next 12 months Can someone else confirm?
Think that’s only for customers via Telstra, not Kayo direct, but still a good outcome for you mate. My second year of Kayo they gave it to me for $10/month for 6 months so deals keep changing all the time. Wouldn’t be surprised next to see bundles of Kayo and/or Binge and Flash (all Streamotion). Also competitors like Stan Sport are getting more aggressive so the market will set the pricing ultimately.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Check your Kayo account mate. They are about to roll me on to a $15 basic instead of $25.
Will do mate, thanks.
I subbed to Flash as well so want a better deal for taking both products.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Paying $5/month atm. Have an offer pending once this current one finishes. Not sure how much it is but it says a Telstra offer so I’m guessing it’s the same as you guys.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still no Kayo or Foxtel apps for PS5 (and nothing on the horizon). They won't be coming to Fetch, either.

Can't get Foxtel cable or satellite where I live so what's my best option?

Chromecast?
Get the ultra If you still can and cast from your phone, I had the ultra model and it was perfect for casting and using Kayo.

The newer model with Google TV is a piece of shit, I thought it was going to be a upgrade to the ultra but its plagued with trouble.

If you can't get a ultra then a Apple TV will do all your steaming apps perfectly (with a settings change for perfection).

Tbh anything running android/google TV has nothing on the apple TV range. I have tried more than I'm happy to admit trying to find that sweet spot and apple TV wins it for streaming.

--

On Kayo if you find that your quality constantly drops, go in and out from the stream as the cdn/server you connect too can be bad ones and there is a good one.

Last edited:

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The newer model with Google TV is a piece of shit, I thought it was going to be a upgrade to the ultra but its plagued with trouble.
Ended up getting the Chromecast w/Google TV model and it's been fine for me (so far).

My PS5 also has the app now, so I'm covered.

My Kayo is also rolling onto the $15 per month deal from next week.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ended up getting the Chromecast w/Google TV model and it's been fine for me (so far).

My PS5 also has the app now, so I'm covered.

My Kayo is also rolling onto the $15 per month deal from next week.
Ok sweet, if it hasn't given you issues I'm sure it's fine. Just make sure its set to 50hz otherwise the football will look out of wack.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still no Kayo or Foxtel apps for PS5 (and nothing on the horizon). They won't be coming to Fetch, either.

Can't get Foxtel cable or satellite where I live so what's my best option?

Chromecast?
They must of heard your complaint.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
DD convinced me to get Kayo & I’m glad I did. You generally get cheaper subscriptions if you’re a Telstra customer or dogs member too
How much is Kayo purely for the footy only mate?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh anything running android/google TV has nothing on the apple TV range.
I got rid of my chromecast not long after buying it. Haven't looked back since getting an Apple TV 4K. It just works. I've always found Chromecast way slower and more problematic than airplay. Airplay rarely gives me grief.

I cancelled Kayo a few weeks ago. Noticed today when I went to the app (thinking I had a few days left) that I'm no longer subscribed, because you see free or similar on a few things. So you can still watch some sports on there, but I doubt it would ever be live NRL or other popular sports. Anyway, I watched some Pipeline Masters which was good. I never got an offer to keep my sub going. Maybe cancelled too long before the end of su. I was also on the $5/m telstra offer. I'll wait to see if that is offered again. $15/m is even too much for my liking.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
How much is Kayo purely for the footy only mate?
You can’t get it for footy only (at this point).
Try to get an introductory offer to keep your costs down for the first year while you try it. I primarily got it for footy but ended up using it for the Ashes, BBL and other bits, so no problem with value overall.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Bump. Seems like Kayo are rolling me on to the new $15 a month deal. If you had the $5 deal check your Kayo account to see. My next payment is due 2/2/22 and it says I will be charged only $15 a month.

Happy I won't be paying $25 for next 12 months Can someone else confirm? @Natboy
atlina energy giving 12mths Kayo for free if you sign up.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Happy I won't be paying $25 for next 12 months Can someone else confirm? @Natboy
Yep, just checked mine and the $5 plan for me ends 4/2/22 and the new Telstra plan is pending but the next bill says it will be $15

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Paying $5/month atm. Have an offer pending once this current one finishes. Not sure how much it is but it says a Telstra offer so I’m guessing it’s the same as you guys.
Same here and i reckon my deal runs out early March right before season kickoff, did you get an email about a new deal mate or is it advertised elsewhere I.e on one of the apps?

I also have Binge so expect something in a package deal too, though am not sure how long I'll keep Binge.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Same here and i reckon my deal runs out early March right before season kickoff, did you get an email about a new deal mate or is it advertised elsewhere I.e on one of the apps?

I also have Binge so expect something in a package deal too, though am not sure how long I'll keep Binge.
No email yet, I just had a look in my account settings and can see a pending offer for Telstra customers that will be there when my plan ends in March.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No email yet, I just had a look in my account settings and can see a pending offer for Telstra customers that will be there when my plan ends in March.
Yeh I just had a look, here is my query the $10 off for being with Telstra is for "new and returning customers" so not existing ones..do we have to cancel and resubscribe, I think so?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Might try on my TV as when trying to access my a/c on my phone it keeps coming up with an error message ffs.
My sub doesn't expire until 11 March so I will wait til my last $5 is debited in Feb and suss it then, Telstra deal of $10 off does state new and returning customers not existing so idk how @Owey automatically got $10 off? Maybe they just add the deal on for all $5 customers..

$15 is ok, but 25 for mainly only NRL in winter not so much...

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh I just had a look, here is my query the $10 off for being with Telstra is for "new and returning customers" so not existing ones..do we have to cancel and resubscribe, I think so?
I didn't need to cancel/resubscribe (I'm a Boost customer).

This is what I see under "My Account" on Kayo.

kayo.jpg