News NRL drops referee

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's the only one I can remember, too. I seem to recall how most of the media personalities cried foul.

I have a feeling that we are due for another game of poor refereeing when we face the Bunnies for their usual "Black Friday" payback game for the charge down on Reynolds by James Graham.
What abundantly stands out in that bunker decision (for Kasiano’s disallowed Try) was that it’s always been fact the bunker cannot rule on a forward pass…. Unless it’s against the Bulldogs of course.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Love that people are getting a taste of @Doogie. Awesome to watch and great entertainment.

He was kept a close guarded secret by a few on here, but unfortunately the cat is now out of the bag and everyone is basking in his stubborn glory.

Enjoy people. Enjoy lol

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The best (or better defined as worst) I’ve seen was a bunker ruling on a forward pass against us vs the Eels a while back when Kasiano scored in the corner to tie up a game…. They (refs) have invented sh!t along the way for us.
And I like how a few days later they say we reviewed it and look sometimes they get things wrong we accept it and let’s move on and everyone just stop going on about it.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the only one I can remember, too. I seem to recall how most of the media personalities cried foul.

I have a feeling that we are due for another game of poor refereeing when we face the Bunnies for their usual "Black Friday" payback game for the charge down on Reynolds by James Graham.
Chris,
I have a feeling that this game will be a Sutton special.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Chris,
I have a feeling that this game will be a Sutton special.
Oh yeah we will start really well almost score put them under pressure with a line dropout then get the ball back after their short dropout go straight through for a try then ref taps his ear piece and says we are looking at the drop out contest dogs get penalised for unsafe contact in the air or some absolute shit then three 6 again calls as dogs off side Rabbits straight through for a try Dogs done for the day.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d like to know the percentages of Bulldogs tries that needed to get checked versus our opponents tries that needed checking…. It always seems the ref can’t blow his whistle quick enough when our opposition score.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh yeah we will start really well almost score put them under pressure with a line dropout then get the ball back after their short dropout go straight through for a try then ref taps his ear piece and says we are looking at the drop out contest dogs get penalised for unsafe contact in the air or some absolute shit then three 6 again calls as dogs off side Rabbits straight through for a try Dogs done for the day.
I got a laugh out of that. It could pan out that way.

We all talk about the 2015 game, but one that was nearly as bad was the one by Cummins. He called out JJ for the compulsory too many penalties chat, forgot completely that JJ was in the centres after Mbye went off injured. Didn’t give him time to get back into position, Souths moved the ball to where he should have been and scored. JJ Complained to him and all he could say “sorry I didn’t realise”.

Refs do make mistakes, I made plenty in my time, but when they constantly go against one team in a game, then what are fans going to think

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The best (or better defined as worst) I’ve seen was a bunker ruling on a forward pass against us vs the Eels a while back when Kasiano scored in the corner to tie up a game…. They (refs) have invented sh!t along the way for us.
Genuine try overturned when they "checked" it ten times to declare Nigel Vagana offside on the opposite side of the field at least 30m away from the play! Never forgotten that rort! Lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That guy got dropped for overall embarrassing performance.
the Kikau try is just the obvious incident that they can easily justify it with.

Last edited by a moderator:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Will make next to no difference.
He’s still a touchy and still getting paid.
He’ll be back in first grade in a couple of weeks.
It’s just the NRL begrudgingly admitting an error.
I still don’t buy the ‘courruption’ claims though.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I got a laugh out of that. It could pan out that way.

We all talk about the 2015 game, but one that was nearly as bad was the one by Cummins. He called out JJ for the compulsory too many penalties chat, forgot completely that JJ was in the centres after Mbye went off injured. Didn’t give him time to get back into position, Souths moved the ball to where he should have been and scored. JJ Complained to him and all he could say “sorry I didn’t realise”.

Refs do make mistakes, I made plenty in my time, but when they constantly go against one team in a game, then what are fans going to think
I had forgotten about that one. Should have been a simple call back and restart of play. Unbelievable

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The NRL has dropped referee Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski for round three after the Bulldogs were denied a try because the official was ruled to have obstructed Cronulla's five-eighth Braydon Trindall in the build-up. Przeklasa-Adamski has not been listed as referee for any of the NRL's eight games this weekend but will serve as touch judge when the Wests Tigers go head-to-head with Cronulla at Leichhardt Oval.

Viliame Kikau had his try disallowed after Przeklasa-Adamski asked the bunker to check whether he had impeded Trindall's ability to make a tackle on the second-rower. Replays showed the Cronulla five-eighth collided with the referee as he attempted to chase down Kikau.

So the bunker ruled a mutual infringement - where neither side was to blame for the incident- and the game restarted from the previous play-the-ball. But the NRL rules state that the ref must make the call on the field if he believes a mutual infringement occurred.

"The referee is the sole judge of what constitutes a mutual infringement and whether or not play has been irregularly affected," the NRL rulebook states. "Contact between a defender and referee may not constitute a mutual infringement."

NRL's head of football Graham Annesley was unhappy with Przeklasa-Adamski's decision, stating that the try shouldn't have been overturned. "I don't believe this try should have been overturned. The referee has to be somewhere on the field. He can't just disappear," he said.
Good, don't we get the win and the two points now ?
I feel sorry for the ref, he was shoulder charged in the face and didn't know what he was doing LOL.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
During that period Tony Archer had interviews after games live to talk about big calls etc.
All the commentary team where like hey how can you rule on forward passes once the call had been moved to the video ref...
Archer the dumb **** sat there and said no we didn't haha. Commentary team were like yeah you did haha.

We always cop the firsts when I comes to new ways of getting rorted

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon the refs will compensate and be overly generous with penalties against our opponent titans this week. If we don’t win, we are absolutely crap

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Players should be held to the same standard how much do they fuck up

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Have a feeling you might be right. Refs payback for showing them up. Appointing the vid ref to rub our noses in it is only part of the agenda to show us who's boss.
I reckon the refs will compensate and be overly generous with penalties against our opponent titans this week. If we don’t win, we are absolutely crap