nrl dont encourage loyalty...now look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
seems the nrl have not encoraged loyalty and now it seems like this could become a big promblem soon.sbw,gasnier think about rugby,mason leaves club to join another because he cant box...ha ha ha.the nrl did nothing to give players an incentive to be loyal and just think if sbw and gasn did leave how guttered fans would be...i know the players have a contract but that does not seem to matter these days...ask the rorters.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes.how the nrl can sit and just watch mason cry to get out of his contract and they just sit and watch.now every other bloke seems to have a get out clause.nrl should have given incentives on the salary cap,got involved in dirty deals ie roosters,and generally supported loyality.if gasnier or sbw go to rugby imagine how bad that would be...and its possible.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the problem the NRL or player agents who get a good fee when players change clubs?

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Is Gallop hiding in a hole. I havent heard anything out of him this season.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Thats because our fans have not beaten up/stabbed/exploded any opposition fans this year.
Well I for one have come close to having a slanging match with some Melbourne Storm Supporters (man some of them are arrogant).

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does Rugby Union have a Salary cap? Is Rugby Union on TV and have the crowd figures we have? When Wendall went to Union he nearly disappeared because no one gave a sh#t, then he did disappear.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
lol gallop that idiot...but hey as long as our supporters are causing "havoc" he keeps his mouth shut...bloody idiot hth

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is the players and only the players. The agents put the idea in their head but seriously, these guys are grown men and know how to say no. All they see is the dollar signs and ego boost they will get.

The sad thing is most players of today don't have a patch on those of past eras.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't blame the players...they are realizing what they are really worth, by not taking the big money when offered they risk getting a serious injury and not being offered the money again...the clubs are not loyal the players in turn are not loyal and the salery cap means players that want to be loyal have no choice but to leave!!!....

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Gallop is not going to do anything with the loyalty issue. He would say it would be unfair to advantage those with marquee players who are interested in playing elsewhere.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
SBW and Gaz aren't going anywhere.

But the NRL has done an appaling job on not rewarding players who have been at a club for 7+ years, or players who that club has nurtured. Saints stand little chance to keep their juniors and we should never have lost Price or Roy and to a lesser extent Thursto nor should the Broncos have had to part ways with Petero.

Plus whoever siad Gallop has gone into hiding is right. Where has he been all season? Uuuhhhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.