NRL DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 6 | Bulldogs v Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Another week now of having to dodge the Internet, oh well I'll go and follow the Spurs in the basketball. REPEAT COMING.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chase wasn't as bad as what some are making out. Josh was worse.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And again although that was shit a lot of overreacting going on lol. If it was our full strength side then I'd be having a fit. Take any teams 5 best out and see how well they go.

Our biggest problem is Hokko and Grub, they are both tripe.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think a few of us including me were just a bit optimistic before the game thinking we could cover losing the guts of our fwd pack (Graham, Klemmer, Kasiano) and 2 of our best attackers (BMoz, Lafai).

Sure the players that came in have gone ok in the past and on paper we have depth, but the main issue with ripping 5 players from the side from one week to the next is cohesion. If each replacement player today had come in 1 at a time into the side they would have gone ok, but all at once, too much disruption.

We mostly looked disorganised. We are going to pay for the Souths game more than a few times it seems. Cant believe our season could be majorly disrupted because of the last 1.5 minutes of a game. Sigh.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I think a few of us including me were just a bit optimistic before the game thinking we could cover losing the guts of our fwd pack (Graham, Klemmer, Kasiano) and 2 of our best attackers (BMoz, Lafai).

Sure the players that came in have gone ok in the past and on paper we have depth, but the main issue with ripping 5 players from the side from one week to the next is cohesion. If each replacement player today had come in 1 at a time into the side they would have gone ok, but all at once, too much disruption.

We mostly looked disorganised. We are going to pay for the Souths game more than a few times it seems. Cant believe our season could be majorly disrupted because of the last 1.5 minutes of a game. Sigh.
our 6/7 are shit. simple as that. no more excuses.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Counted about 4 or 5 times we were held up in goal... our forwards as usual did great to get us in their 20 time and time again.... Surely management can see our halves are the problem?

And how the **** did Frizzell stay on the field. I mean for him not to go for 10 in the bin at the least is such bullshit

Beldig

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our forwards more than matched theirs, they struggled to get out of their half all game, haven't seen the stats but I know we lapped them in the forwards.....our halves and our goal line defence were atrocious. We had enough possession and field position to win two games of footy. How he justified removing Mbye from five eighth and benching Lichaa is beyond me. In the key areas of a footy game we were the better side but creativity and direction were the areas where we were lacking today. It's gonna be a long month.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Also we missed Lafais defense and B. Morris reads at fullback with his speed, Perret did a decent job but he wasn't quick enough at times.

We need to sign some out of favour good backs mid season because we are short on quality ones.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign carney and give him the same rules as Loko and bring Keating back just in case.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also we missed Lafais defense and B. Morris reads at fullback with his speed, Perret did a decent job but he wasn't quick enough at times.

We need to sign some out of favour good backs mid season because we are short on quality ones.
Mamo.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
halfback who sees a hole and doesn't rum through it

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sign carney and give him the same rules as Loko and bring Keating back just in case.
Wouldn't mind Carney now guys an idiot but not the worst in the NRL who are allowed to play...

With Keating he was actually a decent 5/8th he got the team running and hitting set plays he just had a bad kicking game lol.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind Carney now guys an idiot but not the worst in the NRL who are allowed to play...

With Keating he was actually a decent 5/8th he got the team running and hitting set plays he just had a bad kicking game lol.
Yeah but hodkinson literally doesn't have a kicking game as he doesn't kick the ball.

Junkyard

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
5 of the best NRL players in the world didn't run out for us today.
Without them our replacements tried hard but couldn't match it.
What did everyone expect - a miracle.
We should do a whole lot better against Manly.
There's always next week

doggies_92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I must say Chase Stanley played very well, tried hard all day. I think we need to keep Lichaa on all game, we look like a much better side when he's on. Hodko and Reynolds need a month in NSW Cup, when we dropped Jmoz a few years back he came back and killed it, our halves need to know that they can't hold their position when they play like that.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But who will kick our field goals...........

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but hodkinson literally doesn't have a kicking game as he doesn't kick the ball.
Or a running game or a passing game.

5 of the best NRL players in the world didn't run out for us today.
Without them our replacements tried hard but couldn't match it.
What did everyone expect - a miracle.
We should do a whole lot better against Manly.
There's always next week
It was just our effort and the fact we let in so many soft tries in. I expect better defense from our team against a pretender team not us getting whipped by them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.