News NRL Agenda: How Cameron Ciraldo can reignite toothless Bulldogs attack

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think it was always about the FB money. He isn't flash in the 1 position and how idk how anyone can explain the $850k a season purse we gave him when we are crying for a 7 and some forwards.
They can't, they just say he was a gun junior fullback even though he played centre in Matts, SG and Flegg lol.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club is playing Averillo at centre to work out whether he has a long term future with us because he won't be picked in the halves and Crichton likely plays fullback from 2024 onwards... Therefore, it is another disjointed move by the club to move him back to fullback again now

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The club is playing Averillo at centre to work out whether he has a long term future with us because he won't be picked in the halves and Crichton likely plays fullback from 2024 onwards... Therefore, it is another disjointed move by the club to move him back to fullback again now
They're playing him at centre because Ciraldo actually likes him there and we've heard that straight from Adam Driussi's mouth in a podcast. If there's a change at fullback it will be Burns coming in.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He keeps making himself an easy target.
The bagging, negative comments wouldnt drag on endlessly if Kennellers would just evaluate and comprehend what they read.

The players cop more than their fair share at times bc of this back and forth and upping the ante with insults and off we go with the back and forth with said player the meat in the sandwich.

Too many posters going off half cocked misreading or zeroing in on what some other poster has said....when they themselves bag the hell out of the same players. Then get piled on by a heap of others and they turn bogan upset.

There are some seriously deranged characters on here at times.

You can only laugh about it tho I guess. Keeps the place on a par with a mental institution lol.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They're playing him at centre because Ciraldo actually likes him there and we've heard that straight from Adam Driussi's mouth in a podcast. If there's a change at fullback it will be Burns coming in.
There’ll be no change at fullback anytime soon whilst Perham continues to do a good job.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Avo is gonna spark our attack from FB and our halves, who can't, have the writers backing lol.

Is this Buzzard?
Has to be, Flanno can continue lacking any creativity or threat in attack and be a protected species, the only 7 that gets this honour - I can say this though, Avo to fullback and Skelton to centre or wing (move Kiraz to centre) improves the team.

They can try Perham at 7, he’s played in the halves before.. either that or throw in KO and see if he can handle the step up, continuing his good form against men in cup so why not?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is just a deflection article for Flanno written by his dads mates. So our 7 is trash so we need to replace our FB. That is some great logic. Fkn clown ****. Averillo is not a ball player and him and Perham offer the same in attack but Perham is stronger and much better at organising our defence.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Has to be, Flanno can continue lacking any creativity or threat in attack and be a protected species, the only 7 that gets this honour - I can say this though, Avo to fullback and Skelton to centre or wing (move Kiraz to centre) improves the team.

They can try Perham at 7, he’s played in the halves before.. either that or throw in KO and see if he can handle the step up, continuing his good form against men in cup so why not?
I just cant see Ciro changing the team for some time yet even tho we need too.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought that too.
But now I'm not so sure.
I'm actually really liking perham and think he will become a better player with a season under his belt.
I honestly think we will move on avo and chriton will play centre.
I think flanno with be let go this year and that young bronco kid will replace him in the halves.

I think we will also let Thomo go and our recruiting will be heavily targeting forwards.

I think we are on the right track.
Personally, I'd like to see Kiraz at centre, and Averillo on the wing. Kiraz has the muscle and stepping to make a good centre.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Perham hugely underrated, his positioning at FB is on point. How many kicks have you seen hit the ground? Hardly any! Made very few mistakes as well. Going well. Once he starts icing more of the backline plays hopefully people will come around.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can someone please remind everyone who passed the ball and notched up a try assist for the Addo-Carr try yesterday.

Apparently he can't pass.
Good point about Perham. But also both our centres have 3 try assists each for the season so far and are ranked 17 and 18 on the try assist leaderboard. Flanagan though has had no try assists so far this year.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Perham has already shown that he’s at least safer at the back than Critta. Although in all honesty I think that Critta can rise to higher level under the head coaching of CC and develop into a very good fullback.
Stevo will kill it at FB. He’s our number future no 1 !!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Perham doesn't pass? Is that because he has nobody supporting him?
Tedesco is apparently the best FB in the NRL. Has anyone noticed he very rarely passes the ball and prefers to do it all on his own.

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not a surprising DT opinion but we already found out the hard way that Avo is not a natural ball player, whereas Perham is showing ability to read the game and is improving. I'd like to see him throw a few more passes in open play cause my guess is that he'll be good at it. Anyhow I'm not sure how that move would fix a dud halfback problem?

The only thing that will save Flanno is no obvious replacement. Oloapu is obviously good but he'll get more benefit out of time in cup than being thrown into NRL. He still looks really green in the cup games I've watched. Maybe later this year. I doubt Reynolds would get 80 so picking him means a shuffle at some stage, and probably carrying an inexperienced half on the bench after Nu Browns injury. Maybe Rajeb - at least he's played world cup games. Reynolds would probably be bench.

I'd love to see something different, but Flanno's gonna be there again this week unfortunately.
Give Reynolds a go at halfback until the young fella is ready.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Perham hugely underrated, his positioning at FB is on point. How many kicks have you seen hit the ground? Hardly any! Made very few mistakes as well. Going well. Once he starts icing more of the backline plays hopefully people will come around.
Good post but it's really not about him. Like @Nate DAWG mentioned, this is just deflection from our crap halves.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The Gun is basically the Kennel punching bag. In fact I have taken this a step further. I've now taped a print off of the Gun's face to my boxing bag at home.
I've worn out the life sized picture of Hasler on the heavy bag, it needs to be replaced. I'm thinking Cummins after last weekend.

Always a Bulldog

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think our players are the problem.Im so frustrated watching wasted hit ups to make an extra meter here and there.Think about it, in most plays there is an extra man on the attacking side. The gentleman that has just been tackled, our hooker to receive the play the ball and their two markers count each other out. The fullback on the defensive side is standing a long way back unless of course defending his goal line.Creating eleven on ten players.The extra player can be utilised in an overlap play between tackles two to four.How often do we see this advantage applied between our twenty meter line and halfway?