News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Gus might already be onto it...
* Bailey Biondi-Odo
* Bailey Hayward
* Khaled Rajab
* Jonah Glover
* Blake Merrit
* Latrell Fing
* Iverson Matai
* Mitchell Woods
* Liam Khan
Jonah Glover looks promising .... possess all the tools.

Iverson Matai was an absolute standout when i watched him play numerous times pre covid but was a little disappointing last season.

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
I think Gus might already be onto it...
* Bailey Biondi-Odo
* Bailey Hayward
* Khaled Rajab
* Jonah Glover
* Blake Merrit
* Latrell Fing
* Iverson Matai
* Mitchell Woods
* Liam Khan
You can add Aza Mautairi to that list as well. Although very young, he has some big wraps on him.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Speedy will never give up his dream of Luke Thompson playing on the edge.
I think Thompson is a quality player and offers a lot to the team.
However, his talents are being wasted by playing him as a prop. He is to small for a start.
His best asset is his speed. If, and when we get a good ball player he will be the player to look for.
His defence is not as bad as some posters claim.
He apparently has no plans to return to the UK.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't see him going to Tigers either. There is too much uncertainty when Sheens leaves.

At least with Parra, Arthur has long term stability and should be top 8 and pushing for top 4.
My money is on them to drop to the lower half of the 8 if not just outside it... especially when Hodgson is out injured. If he stays fit they may go okay, but that's a big if.

Last edited:

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Iverson Matai was an absolute standout when i watched him play numerous times pre covid but was a little disappointing last season.
Don't forget SGBall captain & halfback Joseph O'Neill who Gus has given a development contract for 2023

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s not true people talk about him all the time on this site and actually I didn’t even talk about him myself I just responded when ppl said I was him but even so I don’t care Nasheed made me happy and kept me reading this site when I was over dogs/NRL.
Hahahahaha that is just pathetic if true. Don't even know whats worse.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He does indeed. One to watch (hopefully he gets some trial time in a few weeks).
But it is important to develop them all properly in a competitive environment and then see which one/s improve enough to make it through to the top grade.
Success in the juniors does not necessarily translate to top-grade success and without proper nurturing many of these guys will disappear before their time.
It's a rough business trying to be an NRL half and often the patience needed is lacking (fans and clubs alike).

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been quietly confident of Moses coming to the dogs for some time simply because we offer the best chance of winning the competition in what will most likely be his last contract.

We may not offer the highest amount, but our offer will be fair and competitive. We are past the point where we have to pay overs to attract talent, in fact i believe we are a highly attractive destination again.

Now in saying that, Mitchell may simply love Parra or have strong emotional ties to his former club The Tigers but i believe the lure of a premiership will be Mitchell's top priority.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been quietly confident of Moses coming to the dogs for some time simply because we offer the best chance of winning the competition in what will most likely be his last contract.

We may not offer the highest amount, but our offer will be fair and competitive. We are past the point where we have to pay overs to attract talent, in fact i believe we are a highly attractive destination again.

Now in saying that, Mitchell may simply love Parra or have strong emotional ties to his former club The Tigers but i believe the lure of a premiership will be Mitchell's top priority.

Can I be blunt?
Parra is more likely to win a premiership soon than us.
Very biased to think otherwise.
We have been spooners last couple of years and Parra just played a grand final.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

He will look to give up between 700k-1mil maybe more depending on length of contract for a potential premiership... How is the confidence now?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think Parra’s window is shut. You cant rely on Josh Hodgson as your starting 9 to be healthy. Their utility/replacement is then Mitch Rein…I feel like they are just a cursed club and it will take awhile for them to break their drought during Panther Scum domination. They are still a finals caliber team but i think they fall short for awhile.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Parra’s window is shut. You cant rely on Josh Hodgson as your starting 9 to be healthy. Their utility/replacement is then Mitch Rein…I feel like they are just a cursed club and it will take awhile for them to break their drought during Panther Scum domination. They are still a finals caliber team but i think they fall short for awhile.
We'll win it before they do

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People underestimate the losses of Mahoney one of the best hookers around and Papaali one of the best strike second rowers. They are huge losses to their attack. Take also into account that parramatta injury toll was minimal. Their best opportunity was last year.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agree completely. To say parramatta are a chance for premierships is bullshit. Especially if you throw in Moses either leaving to tigers or us… I say with us we are a far greater chance than parra are with him. Mahoney and papal’i are massive loses and we landed Mahoney and have kikau. Mahoney and kikau over Hodgson and lane as their best edge all day.

We are building something and burton fox tpj to me I’d take over brown sivo (who could leave) and any of there big bodies (I’d probably take Paulo to be honest but tpj if he’s finally mentally clicked and looks in outstanding Nick is better than anyone they have in the pack)

Throw in if and that’s a big if alomiti or xerri fire.

Kiraz looks as good as prospect as their up and coming centres like penisi. King looks a gem. Rfm can play a role if he can stay healthy.

If you moved moses into our 7 we walk over them. If he stays they have a quality halves, a solid pack. A solid backline but aren’t threatening a title anytime soon.

Moses and Crichton with the big prop we lack and we really could challenge. If we did somehow land them with Nelson and lost Thompson and use the cap space from Jackson, allen, schoup etc wisely along with increase then wow. It’s a genuine threat.

Gus is the best operator in the game. No shock we are linked to what we lack in Moses, Crichton, nelson/leinu/haas etc. Gus and laundry would have to attract anyone.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And then there were 2???
Sheens has come out and stated he will open negotiations to extend Brooks and Douehi in the new year..
They must know they have missed out on Moses to publicly make that statement .
I still think he stays at the Eels,but it looks like a 2 horse race now..
C’mon Gussy..Get in son!!!