News NRL 2023: Josh Reynolds referee abuse apology, Phil Gould reaction | Daily Telegraph

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's reported that its the first time Abdo has used his special powers to step in and query the MRC to change their ruling.

Of all the foul play, the illegal tackles and incidents missed and discrepancies between different sentences for different players and different teams, this guy is so concerned. So enraged that JR says bullshit. Not to the ref, he looked to the ground as he said it but he chooses this incdent to step in. Just wow.

Yep, I’m very suspicious of these 1 percenters, for some reason our club seems to be very good at attracting these BS type incidents that you’ve never seen before or will ever see again.

You also can’t help but ask yourself how a ref sitting in the bunker can go back 4 tackles to wrongly call a hip drop tackle on Preston and have him sin binned …. Yet can’t then spot a knock on that gave the raiders that golden point win on the weekend, why couldn’t they spot that and disallow that golden point, everyone else spotted it?

After the Waddell incident, I’d like to ask the ref’s when they decided to allow players that amount of time to hold a player down on the ground while they’re trying to reef the ball out of their grasp, Waddell clearly maintained possession and should have been allowed to get up & play the ball, the St Merge player should have been sin binned for pinning the player to the ground all that time while trying to reef the ball off him, I’m still disgusted our player was binned, we’re not carrying on about it because we were lucky we still won, if we’d lost in that period we all would have been filthy about it.

Maybe we need to start a thread in the lounge where we store records of all these bazaar incidents and these pictures of BS calls that go against us, because they’re happening so frequently that we forget the ones we had a fortnight ago or the ones from last season.

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel bullshit is absolutely our word of the week.
This whole farce / bullshit stance by Abdo and his NRL lackeys is like a Bulldog taking a crap total "BULLSHIT".

Last edited:

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Although I definitely think we have had some harsh treatment from refs this year, I’m finding this one to be hard to defend.

1) it does appear that Reynolds’s did make contact with the back of the head ( regardless of if it was careless or intentional)

2) I’m prity sure saying bullshit to the ref when he explains why he made the decision would have got many players at the very least penalized and perhaps even 10 in the bin.

Josh Reynolds’s enthusiasm is a huge benefit, but he really needs to find the correct balance that doesn’t jeopardize ruining the good things he does with poor discipline.

I’m saying that, the Waddell situation was handled very poorly by Atkins.
Mate have to agree with you, JR is enthusiastic without a doubt, but he is borderline NUCLEAR. I’ve got no doubt Gus and CC are gonna hammer him that’s the second time his done it. What he needs to understand that the refs control the game, if we want a fair shot at the 50/50s then shut up accept the decision and play on.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This whole farce / bullshit stance by Abdo and his NRL lackeys is like a Bulldog taking a crap total "BULLSHIT".
I beg your pardon!! Come out here, come out here, come here. Don’t say a word.

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
"While Dogs fans may have felt hard done by when Corey Waddell was later sin binned for a professional foul, the fact is they should have lost Reynolds earlier.
Reynolds wasn’t the only player charged from that game.
The Dragons’ Jack Bird was hit with a grade-one dangerous throw charge for his lifting tackle on Canterbury forward Tevita Pangai Jr, but only faces a $1000 fine. "

So, while the article says that Reynolds' grade one should have been binned, the writer thinks that the spear tackle on TPJ was OK with just a fine, and no binning.

-Not a biased article, is it?

The Bunnies and the Dragons have always been the emotional favourites of Sydney journalists. I remember how they rallied around Jamie Soward when he cheated us out of a win, and went for James Graham when he put his body on the line to stop an Adam Reynolds attempt at field goal.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep, I’m very suspicious of these 1 percenters, for some reason our club seems to be very good at attracting these BS type incidents that you’ve never seen before or will ever see again.

You also can’t help but ask yourself how a ref sitting in the bunker can go back 4 tackles to wrongly call a hip drop tackle on Preston and have him sin binned …. Yet can’t then spot a knock on that gave the raiders that golden point win on the weekend, why couldn’t they spot that and disallow that golden point, everyone else spotted it?

After the Waddell incident, I’d like to ask the ref’s when they decided to allow players that amount of time to hold a player down on the ground while they’re trying to reef the ball out of their grasp, Waddell clearly maintained possession and should have been allowed to get up & play the ball, the St Merge player should have been sin binned for pinning the player to the ground all that time while trying to reef the ball off him, I’m still disgusted our player was binned, we’re not carrying on about it because we were lucky we still won, if we’d lost in that period we all would have been filthy about it.

Maybe we need to start a thread in the lounge where we store records of all these bazaar incidents and these pictures of BS calls that go against us, because they’re happening so frequently that we forget the ones we had a fortnight ago or the ones from last season.
That is a bloody good idea. A record of all the bs penalties and rulings just for our supporter base records. Please set it up '67.

It's optional to participate for any Kennellers who find it "ridiculous" of course.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a bloody good idea. A record of all the bs penalties and rulings just for our supporter base records. Please set it up '67.

It's optional to participate for any Kennellers who find it "ridiculous" of course.
I’m onto it. [emoji106]

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good on JR, whatever it was it was justified, these reffs are scum and no you can’t call them out or use that language, but Joshy did an I like he did.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After sleeping on this therefore giving it more thought I have decided it's....
Total BULLSHIT.

Uncle Arthur please pay his fines and free grog til the end of the year(only the night of game day in season)

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^^THIS ^^^^^
Not to mention "bullshit" crowd chants against referring decisions are almost glorified by media.. there has been a famous examples in league, but it happens in other sports too.. plenty of youtube clips of it.. these same media guys would be commenting "how good is this" when watching those clips. If it's really considered "referee abuse" then why is it great spectacle and not abusive for thousands in the crowd to chant it, but if one player says it, fmd worst thing ever...... look I personally think it wasn't the best look, but it was dealt with in the game (fairly poorly, cause the ref lost his composure), and it's hardly worth discussing days later, yet here we are... we should hardly be surprised though..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not to mention "bullshit" crowd chants against referring decisions are almost glorified by media.. there has been a famous examples in league, but it happens in other sports too.. plenty of youtube clips of it.. these same media guys would be commenting "how good is this" when watching those clips. If it's really considered "referee abuse" then why is it great spectacle and not abusive for thousands in the crowd to chant it, but if one player says it, fmd worst thing ever...... look I personally think it wasn't the best look, but it was dealt with in the game (fairly poorly, cause the ref lost his composure), and it's hardly worth discussing days later, yet here we are... we should hardly be surprised though..
The usual "Bulldogs Beatup".

Did everyone see the clip of Grub apologising to Atkins?

Atkins actually appears to put his arm on Josh's back twice as a goodwill gesture. This all blown up by Telecrap's Paul Creepy Crawley.

Too bad Crawley didnt do a so-called 3000 fan survey on the Tom Burgess incident and start a public campaign against Burgess.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isn't he on $1000 match payments? Shame on the NRL for taking away a guys entire wage. Hope he gets through the week......

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Mate you’re 100% correct, we’ve had the worst calls in history. I still remember the ref penalising kasiano for throwing the ball on to the ground after he knocked on.