Now I understand..

Status
Not open for further replies.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have best mates who won't come with me to the footy because "Bulldogs fans are violent".

Unfortunately I think a few have forever ruined it for everyone. Remember when our "fans" would vandalise trains after games? Every act of violence with doggies gear on gets tonnes of publicity too, this just goes to further the stereotype.

Plus throw in a bit of good old Australian racism ... I still get asked why I am a doggies fan because I am not lebanese all the time.

Seriously stuff them. We all know our club really is, and we won't let a few morons ruin it for us.
exactly Gareth, the only deference is ' A LOT OFF MORONS out there, not that I give a f...k

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dude souffs supporters and parrascum fans get it a lot worse than us bulldogs fans in the circle I live in. I do get the ol' smart arse response but in my bubble it's stacks on parra and souffs with the insults especially with parra being over the cap and still 2 wooden spoons and souffs with the Ol' scum of the league and Russell Crowe babies etc

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I love the hate, means they fear us. they can all get fu3ked. sorry about the language.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't believe the hatred people have for the bulldogs fans..

On Saturday afternoon I went to work and put on my sons football club jacket, it has 'bulldog's' printed on the back , WOW, it got misinterpreted for 'please tell me about how bad the bulldogs fans are You're opinion is very important to me'

I can't imagine what it wouldve been like in the coffs Harbour days
My dear, just grin and bear it, like we have for the past decade or more. Don't know how many times people have said to me " How can you support the dogs, they are a bunch of thugs and rapists". I just ask them who they support and ask them why they support them. Shut up pretty quick in most cases, maybe because they feel my comeback may be better.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My favourite response when people find out I am a dogs fan is the "but your not a lebbo!" dead set, at least 80% of the time this is what I get, I used to just laugh it off, but now, I get angry, and point out the club has been around for 80 yrs, has a wide array of supporters, and frankly it is just more than a bit racist to say those things.
Same here mate. I don't even bother now trying to justify things, I just let them stew. Some of my best friends are those that people like to stereotype as Bulldogs fans.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe the hatred people have for the bulldogs fans..

On Saturday afternoon I went to work and put on my sons football club jacket, it has 'bulldog's' printed on the back , WOW, it got misinterpreted for 'please tell me about how bad the bulldogs fans are You're opinion is very important to me'

I can't imagine what it wouldve been like in the coffs Harbour days
It's pretty bad. I overheard a conversation the other day where a group of people were talking about how they believe that Bulldogs fans are members of ISIS. They were dead serious too. Perfect timing though as a guy drove past honking his horn with Bulldogs flags out the windows.

I walked up to the group and yelled "Run for your lives!". I don't think they got the joke.

Made me proud to see someone still flying the Dogs flags after the loss.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a mad dogs supporter years ago he got a lengthy ban for something I cant remember it made papers ect. He was only in his early 20s at the time ( this was about 10 yrs ago ) and he used to cop a fair bit of grief at the pub a lot of people failed to realize he had mental issues also . Saying that I wish I remember what the hell he got banned for lol

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
It's the Lebanese thing pure and simple. Any other reason comes back people not liking Lebanese.

Salary Cap - F@*king typical shifty Lebs

Rape Scandal - People go back to the Skaf gang rapes thing

Violence after games - Typical Lebs haven't changed since the Cronulla riots

Bottle Throwing - Typical terrorists throwing missiles

Bankstown, Punchbowl, Lakemba ect - People hate those areas calling them Islamic ghettos.

Drums at games - This is Australia mate

Yeah these are all the ones I have heard over the years.

I have a mate who said to me you know what I don't mind the Bulldogs as a club but I just hate their fans. As to which I replied well I'm one of your good mates and a Dogs fan and you like me. Which I got the "Well you know what I mean, I hate the majority of their fans the Lebo fans. As to which I replied "even the Lebo fan that overheard us talking about how we were going to have to now buy a ticket and somehow sneak you into the members section because my other members ticket just fell through.. Who on hearing this just said Oi you boys can use my Sons members ticket to get in as he is at a birthday party tonight.. We got in had a good chat and then he said he hopes the Dragons have a good game tonight as my mate was wearing his St George Jersey.. You even hate that guy?? Especially when he checked to see if we were right for food because he was going up to get some.. Dude the vast 99% majority of our fans are awesome.. What ever their background happens to be...

So yeah I think it is the hatred of Muslims plus the Fear that we are consistently one of the strongest tuff clubs around and the fact that every fan that hates the dogs has had the displeasure of being beaten by the dogs multiple times as it is never considered an easy game when you play them..

I have never had a person when discussing coming games truthfully confidently say so we are playing you guys next week and I'm 100% sure we will beat you.

Last edited by a moderator:

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
its a hate campaign caused by a few idiot bulldogs fans and is driven by the bullshit media who no matter what will print only the bad things regarding the bulldogs.

if the media spent some time at the caxton hotel in brisbane on game day, they would be writing about how bad the broncos fans behave, but that wont happen

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My favourite response when people find out I am a dogs fan is the "but your not a lebbo!" dead set, at least 80% of the time this is what I get, I used to just laugh it off, but now, I get angry, and point out the club has been around for 80 yrs, has a wide array of supporters, and frankly it is just more than a bit racist to say those things.
It's interesting being on the other side of that too. You might get into casual conversation with someone, they ask do you follow league. If I answer yes I automatically get you're a lebo so you support the doggies don't you. Then you get the standard doggies bro or yallah doggies from them.

Bbyss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Long time a go (early 2000's), i was with a mate watching bulldogs vs newcastle match at anz and newcastle fans were swearing at hazem elmasri in a real racial manner their was police and security doing nothing about it, they were more concerned lebs would hear what they were saying, instead of shutting them up, if one lebo did something what would of happen to him i don't know. After that match i believe most of the incidents are provoked...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone loves a villian.. and in the NRL if you have:
Been convicted as a sex offender
Bashed your partner
Glassed your partner
Taken or trafficked drugs
Been imprisoned

You are a hero not a villian.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone loves a villian.. and in the NRL if you have:
Been convicted as a sex offender
Bashed your partner
Glassed your partner
Taken or trafficked drugs
Been imprisoned

You are a hero not a villian.
Or a current or ex Roosters player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It makes me want to support them harder , I love that my kids can look up to our players and get inspired .. I don't think many other teams can boast such a clean record .

And I have no issue with my kids seeing how Graham handled the refs on Good Friday ,the media made him out to be a monster.

gosh he looked like a saint compared to me and my road rage lol)

BushDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I live 4 hours from Sydney, pulled into the servo today,,with me bulldog cap on and a bloke I used to play footy with pulled up on the other side of the bowser and said ' must be my lucky day, (manly supporter) you rapin bomb chuckin pricks gettin knocked out has made my year'. Said ' mate youre just jealous we made the finals and you didn't' after a couple more verbs the dickhead said 'yeah good one, at least I'm not a copper so ya won't bash me!'. Felt like bashin him ay haha
in 2005 I was livin in Canberra and my mrs mum and nan came over for the day, they're both a bit wanna be upper class so while they were sittin on my back deck I went to my shed and smoked billies, was walkin back up to the house and my neighbour at the time (mad sharks fan) opened his window and yelled complete bogan style, 'come and have a beer ya ****in rapist'! Was actually great timin, the in laws were disgusted, so I went and had a beer haha
the more shit I cop, including bein a 'cop basher' now, the prouder it makes me to keep wearin blue and white! Fark the lot of them. Only thing that will ever stop me supporting them as has been said by lots of others on other threads, is the bloody nrl and the voldermorts.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
.... must be good to be some other fan.

You can walk right up to a man in a Bulldogs jumper and shout "get out of here you rapists" .... or shout "f*ck off you bunch of terrorists" .... and if the man in the Bulldogs jumper punches you in the face, he'll be the one to go to gaol.

Doesn't matter if you're drunk or off your face.
Doesn't matter if anyone saw it all unfold or not.
You can do it on public transport.
You can do it anywhere !!!
Doesn't matter if it's women or kids are nearby.
Shit, they don't even have to be (quote-unquote) "of Middle-Eastern appearance".

Best. Game. Ever.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live 4 hours from Sydney, pulled into the servo today,,with me bulldog cap on and a bloke I used to play footy with pulled up on the other side of the bowser and said ' must be my lucky day, (manly supporter) you rapin bomb chuckin pricks gettin knocked out has made my year'. Said ' mate youre just jealous we made the finals and you didn't' after a couple more verbs the dickhead said 'yeah good one, at least I'm not a copper so ya won't bash me!'. Felt like bashin him ay haha
in 2005 I was livin in Canberra and my mrs mum and nan came over for the day, they're both a bit wanna be upper class so while they were sittin on my back deck I went to my shed and smoked billies, was walkin back up to the house and my neighbour at the time (mad sharks fan) opened his window and yelled complete bogan style, 'come and have a beer ya ****in rapist'! Was actually great timin, the in laws were disgusted, so I went and had a beer haha
the more shit I cop, including bein a 'cop basher' now, the prouder it makes me to keep wearin blue and white! Fark the lot of them. Only thing that will ever stop me supporting them as has been said by lots of others on other threads, is the bloody nrl and the voldermorts.

I think i might start punching billies before the games next year.

i was never relaxed before or during a game this year

BushDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think i might start punching billies before the games next year.

i was never relaxed before or during a game this year
Haha yep been off them for 7 years now but jeebus I could have done with a few this year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.