Opinion Not convinced we improve next year

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’ll be surprised at the difference a proper dummy half will make
There is no doubt a proper 9 will make a big difference, but this bozo of a coach does not deserve to have his win % lifted off Mahoney back.

He needs to be gone long before 2023 and anyone that even entertains the idea of Barrett being around in 23 is a mental case.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering he’s supposed to be an attacking genius we are the worst attacking side. We’re not Winn any games so why not change shit instead of the same shit week in week out it’s clearly not working. I’m still angry how the f:&k we lost to Canberra
I can see clearly how we lost to Canberra.... there are def 3 - 4 players who are happy to take the field to collect their pay but not put in much effort. Thrse players need to be removed and replaced with juniors that show more passion than these clowns ever have.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see clearly how we lost to Canberra.... there are def 3 - 4 players who are happy to take the field to collect their pay but not put in much effort. Thrse players need to be removed and replaced with juniors that show more passion than these clowns ever have.
Mate I guess we're probably around the same vintage, for me its a bit of a catch 22 situation, play our youngsters with potential to soon and we will end up destroying their carriers.
I would be more inclined to wait and bring back Burns and Alan when they've recovered, and even Onkonbour before I'd promote the likes of Alamoti Kiraz and Toya.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Improving every week, Gus and Baz are doing what they can with the cards weve been dealt.
Get our missed tackles down to 22 and wallah!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will stay the same if we have the same coaching staff. The bloke ran 15th with a star studded Manly side.
He also ran 6th in his second year coaching them.

I'm not saying Barrett is good, but to take your team to the finals in only your second year as head coach, shows he has something. I think we'd all take 6th if we were offered. He hasn't had greta squads or has had to deal with external factors in some of his seasons as coach. Brad Arthur also struggled in his early years. He's probably viewed as in the top 5 coaches now. Who knows, Baz might get it with more good players.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He also ran 6th in his second year coaching them.

I'm not saying Barrett is good, but to take your team to the finals in only your second year as head coach, shows he has something. I think we'd all take 6th if we were offered. He hasn't had greta squads or has had to deal with external factors in some of his seasons as coach. Brad Arthur also struggled in his early years. He's probably viewed as in the top 5 coaches now. Who knows, Baz might get it with more good players.
So he should’ve ran 6th they were a top class side. I’m still not convinced. I don’t know how our team can turn into a bunch of marshmallows since dean pay. We actually are an embarrassment. Especially the cattle we have bought. We are so lucky we signed Mahoney and Kikau before a whistle was blown or else we will struggle to attract players. He’s not just damaging himslef but he’s killing young players careers and making or club less and less attractive to come too

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are so lucky we signed Mahoney and Kikau before a whistle was blown or else we will struggle to attract players. He’s not just damaging himslef but he’s killing young players careers and making or club less and less attractive to come too
This is the reason why I want to see Barrett moved on long before next season. We need to start winning games and building confidence now, for the guys that are already here and those coming to the club plus anyone thinking of coming...

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So he should’ve ran 6th they were a top class side. I’m still not convinced. I don’t know how our team can turn into a bunch of marshmallows since dean pay. We actually are an embarrassment. Especially the cattle we have bought. We are so lucky we signed Mahoney and Kikau before a whistle was blown or else we will struggle to attract players. He’s not just damaging himslef but he’s killing young players careers and making or club less and less attractive to come too
Take me back to the Pay era. Didn’t mind watching his teams as you at least knew they’d rip in and show some pride and grit despite having an obvious lack of talent and experience. Beats watching the myth Barrett coached pack of overpaid pretenders that we have now.