Opinion No Structure

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not convinced on wakeham yet.
Still think hoppa should play 6 alongside Lewis as I have been saying this for weeks now.
Hoppa will run all day off Lewis and those silky hands are dangerous.
First try wasn't bad right, they both combined to send our boy averillo in the corner.
How good is averillo? It took meaney nearly a good year to get going, this kid is ready now, must be picked round 1.
That still doesn't fix the problem that Lewis can't lead a side around... Doing this will only place more pressure on Lewis as the only kicking option, thus placing unnecessary pressure on Hoppa.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, he doesn't get enough ball.
We need to change the game plan.
Seems like tolman mainly and Elliott are the ones running our attack and trying to lead the team around
They command just too much ball
This shit needs to change.
That still doesn't fix the problem that Lewis can't lead a side around... Doing this will only place more pressure on Lewis as the only kicking option, thus placing unnecessary pressure on Hoppa.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay has had more than two years to get the best out of the likes of lewis, people say we dont have the spine, yes its not great by any means but a good coach will get try to get the best out of what hes got
I see the potential in some players
Completely agree. But what if Lewis really isn't that good, and Pay hasn't had any other options other than him?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kicking is one of our problems, we don't have a half with a complete kicking game. We have Lewis for long kicks and bombs, Cogger for mid range kicks, Wakeham better at the short kicking game, but no one who has shown they can do it all like Cronk or JT.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis got us countless repeat sets of six with his grubbers into the in goal last year
Kicking is one of our problems, we don't have a half with a complete kicking game. We have Lewis for long kicks and bombs, Cogger for mid range kicks, Wakeham better at the short kicking game, but no one who has shown they can do it all like Cronk or JT.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mate, he doesn't get enough ball.
We need to change the game plan.
Seems like tolman mainly and Elliott are the ones running our attack and trying to lead the team around
They command just too much ball
This shit needs to change.
Agree that needs to change and thats an issue with those players and the coaching staff. Putting Hoppa there won't stop them doing it sadly

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's why I was a Sezer fan if we could get him cheap but no one wanted him.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So are we getting the spoon this year? Didn’t watch the game but sounds like we were putrid. So we’re no chance in round 1 yeah?! I’ll put Parra 13 plus in my multi. Easy win
We werent putrid but it was hard to watch. Raiders full of errors and we soon followed suit with the errors. Clunky and ordinary in attack. Jackson running on 3 cylinders, DWZ rested for round 1.
Some great individual performances, not all bad.
Our defense improved. Raiders threw a bit at us during the 2nd half and we held out ok.
We just dont have direction in attack. Katoa rocks and diamonds, passes like the crazy cat lady on the Simpsons. Scary thing is he looks more a natural hooker than JMK.
Been said a million times here, we just dont have a solution to our halfs situation. Cant score points.
Was a trial game.
I think we'll be better for the extra trial game and 9's than last year but I dunno.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From what I have seen this year
We are pining too much hope on 6 7 9, they are average at best, none of them could truly threaten the opposition with the running organising or kicking games. None of them was or is a superstar in the making, let's not forget that they were other struggling teams rejects...No disrespect !!!
What's puzzling, we have unnecessarily extended their contracts...At what cost ???
On a bright side there is a fighting spirit in the team...Is it enough ???

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So are we getting the spoon this year? Didn’t watch the game but sounds like we were putrid. So we’re no chance in round 1 yeah?! I’ll put Parra 13 plus in my multi. Easy win
Haha. If you based it on the sooks here you’d think we may as well forfeit the season mate

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I have seen this year
We are pining too much hope on 6 7 9, they are average at best, none of them could truly threaten the opposition with the running organising or kicking games. None of them was or is a superstar in the making, let's not forget that they were other struggling teams rejects...No disrespect !!!
What's puzzling, we have unnecessarily extended their contracts...At what cost ???
On a bright side there is a fighting spirit in the team...Is it enough ???
Unfortunately fighting spirit will only prevent a wooden spoon. It won’t lock us into the 8. We just don’t have the cattle. I watched the broncos v titans trial last night and although the broncs lost I saw more talent in a guy like Tom Dearden than our three halves.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol we arnt making the 8. Anything out of the bottom 4 will be a bonus. Its simple, we arnt better or havnt improved better than 12 other teams.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The attack is a work in progress.

2 of our best attacking weapons in Foran and DWZ are on the sidelines. Then you’ve also got Meaney and JMK who would be in our top 13 who also aren’t out there.
No offence but Foran is always on the sidelines. Thief

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This that have to change, is the amount of dropped balls, balls thrown behind players and balls thrown to the ground, in general, but most importantly in the red zone, and also ( I do like the guy ) but less Tolman in good ball.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Both teams were shit and it was more an individual hit out instead of team performance. It was just more of the same shit from us and that was the concerning part.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis got us countless repeat sets of six with his grubbers into the in goal last year
And then did SFA with the repeat set..

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have played plenty of footy and don’t agree with you at all with that Wakeham tackle.

I was pretty disappointed with Wakeham’s overall game tonight. Granted we were on the backfoot for most of that second half after the Hoppa knock on but Wakeham didn’t do anything to turn the tide. His kicking game was average and he didn’t get involved much at all then threw a shocking pass off the scrum to Harper.
Wakeham still has a long way to go you get games like that with young halves.
I thought that it was Katoa who threw that shit pass to Harper..
I dont think Wakeham had a fair go,he couldnt get into the game because after half time when he came on we had no go forward.
RT and Britt was our best forwards and they didnt play the 2nd half.
Hoppa was off as well which is pretty handy in attack.
So Wakeham was pretty much playing with our CCup players.
No one thinks Wakeham is the messiah he's just the best that we have..
Remember he is only 20/21 so very young directing first grade around.
Canberra played absolutely shit house as well this is why you have more then 1 trial.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought that it was Katoa who threw that shit pass to Harper..
I dont think Wakeham had a fair go,he couldnt get into the game because after half time when he came on we had no go forward.
RT and Britt was our best forwards and they didnt play the 2nd half.
Hoppa was off as well which is pretty handy in attack.
So Wakeham was pretty much playing with our CCup players.
No one thinks Wakeham is the messiah he's just the best that we have..
Remember he is only 20/21 so very young directing first grade around.
Canberra played absolutely shit house as well this is why you have more then 1 trial.
It was Katoa was it? Thanks for that it was very difficult to pick things up on the stream at times with the quality dropping in and out.

I agree we were on the back foot for the majority of the second half it would have been nice if Wakeham could have pulled something out to change momentum but it wasn't to be.

Yeah I agree on the messiah talk I haven't really heard anyone call him that but out of the three halves he certainly has the most potential.